Hurricane Michael

SaltyTiger

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks sincerely guys. Means more than I can express.  Pretty obvious from this thread that a couple of grudges carry over from other forums. 

Salty, no offense here man, but there's an entire thread in the political forum dedicated to you where several of us have sent well wishes from both sides of the political spectrum.  No grudges man.  Everyone hopes you are safe and sound.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Salty, no offense here man, but there's an entire thread in the political forum dedicated to you where several of us have sent well wishes from both sides of the political spectrum.  No grudges man.  Everyone hopes you are safe and sound.

Sorry Brad, have not even looked at the political forum.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Sorry Brad, have not even looked at the political forum.

Nor should you.  Bigger things going on in your world.  Just know that no one on this forum is against our fellow man when disaster strikes.  Political opinions are unimportant right now.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nor should you.  Bigger things going on in your world.  Just know that no one on this forum is against our fellow man when disaster strikes.  Political opinions are unimportant right now.

Thank you much Brad. 

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

Still can’t get ahold of my wife and our neighbors have said the car go hit by a bunch of boards. We had two windows break and our door almost ripped off. Haven’t seen it yet obviously but that was the report. 

Around 12:30 Gulf Power cut everyone’s power to make it easier to get running again and no one in the county has been able to call or text me.

Hope all is well Zeek.........keep us posted.

Hope everyone is ok. Just seeing the devastation in Mexico Beach, hope things are ok Salty.  Zeek hope you are able to get in touch with your wife soon.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Mike, Zeke, Salty- are your people okay? 

I don’t know.  No word from them since around noon.  Their two sons are in the same boat and are headed to PC with medical supplies and generators. Long drive from Boston and New Hampshire.  They better take a chainsaw. My brother lives in a heavily wooded area and getting to their house could be a big problem.  I don’t know what to think at this point. 

Thanks for asking. 

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I don’t know.  No word from them since around noon.  Their two sons are in the same boat and are headed to PC with medical supplies and generators. Long drive from Boston and New Hampshire.  They better take a chainsaw. My brother lives in a heavily wooded area and getting to their house could be a big problem.  I don’t know what to think at this point. 

Thanks for asking. 

Ok. Please keep us posted. Thinking about all of y'all and your families. 

We’re all good in Tallahassee...lots of big limbs down and some trees down, but I think Irma and Hermine took out most of the weaker trees out the last couple of years.  It sucks hearing the reports out of Mexico Beach...RIP Toucans.

Man, that video of Tyndall has me really worried. My brother lives about three miles from Tyndall, on the water.  I have spent many years in PC and this storm is the worst ever.  Unbelievable damage. 

I can't remember seeing video like this since Andrew.  I was only 9 when that hit, but still remember seeing pics.  This thing was beyond devastating.

Finally found a way into town that they weren’t blocking off. After driving around like a psycho, thank god my 4Runner can drive over some things, I finally found her helping transport people. Service is scarce but I’m going to see if I can’t help with clearing the debris.

The beach side of the bridge looks great for the most part. Town looks like a literal nightmare. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. The hospital was totally destroyed and flooding. The Life Flight people have been doing their best to transport ICU patients. Never seen more electrical trucks come to one place. Seems like their main priority is clearing the roads and restoring power/communications. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I can't remember seeing video like this since Andrew.  I was only 9 when that hit, but still remember seeing pics.  This thing was beyond devastating.

The Mississippi Coast looked like this after Katrina. Complete devastation. Gut wrenching for sure. 

@Zeek So glad you located her. stay safe. 

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Finally found a way into town that they weren’t blocking off. After driving around like a psycho, thank god my 4Runner can drive over some things, I finally found her helping transport people. Service is scarce but I’m going to see if I can’t help with clearing the debris.

The beach side of the bridge looks great for the most part. Town looks like a literal nightmare. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. The hospital was totally destroyed and flooding. The Life Flight people have been doing their best to transport ICU patients. Never seen more electrical trucks come to one place. Seems like their main priority is clearing the roads and restoring power/communications. 

I know you guys have a long road ahead but I'm so glad your wife is okay. You guys will get through this. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

In 79 when Fredrick hit Mobile took nearly a month to have our power restored........Katrina was a few days.......stay safe and be careful where you drive.........just before getting home during Katrina my Yukon's tire picked up a pair of scissors.

Prayers for all. Up here in Dothan minor damage comparatively speaking. Power outages and power lines down but all in all ok. Hearing bad things from PCB and the Marianna area. I have many friends down there I haven’t been able to contact. I hope all is well and we are here for you!!! 

I pray that everyone is safe. It is absolutely gut wrenching to lose everything you have worked so hard for.. had a nice place on highway 90 between Biloxi and Gulfport that was wiped from the foundation by Katrina. . I hope and pray no one has experienced that. 

Projections on when power will return aren’t looking good. They told the nurses they have 90 days paid off or until they have a hospital built. After 90 days they just have to find a new job.

The schools all took pretty bad damage and they’re nowhere close to having a timeline for return.

If the schools aren’t going to be up soon and if we’re not going to have power for more than a week we’re going to need to find a place to stay.

We have some friends up there that might be okay with hosting us. I’ve applied for a job with the University a week or two ago so if there were ever a time for them to want to interview me now would be perfect lol.

Verizon service is down all over the county. We are staying the night in a hotel so as to not get in the way of the cleanup crew that’s started search and rescues in neighborhoods. Won’t be able to update of post while I’m back in town tomorrow.

War Eagle guys. Keeping our chins up.

Archived