remaining games

doc4aday

We have TAMU, Liberty, UGA, and bammer.

1.To begin with, MSU vs. TAMU will give us a better read on what to expect and whether or not we can beat them. If they come out and blow MSU out, we are in trouble. If MSU beats them without much of a struggle, I like our chances against TAMU. I will be watching that game closely tonight.

2. Liberty: This should be an easy win and one we should win by 4 or 5 TDs or more. If we come out and struggle against them, this will show that this team has given up. My take is that we will win by 3 or 4 TDs, but you never know against a team that beat Troy this season.

3.UGA: They have taken Florida to the wood shed this evening of which I honestly thought that FLorida had a very good chance of winning. If UGA plays like the have against UF, we could be in for a long painful afternoon in Athens

4. Bammer: This game gives me chills as to think what might happen. I think the bammer and LSU game will give us a clearer picture of just how good the turds are. My gut feeling is that it will be a close game for 2.5 quarters, and bammer will slowly pull away to the tune of 17 or more points win for bammer. I think a score of 38-21 turds over the corndogs.  There is always a chance we could win this game; albeit a small one. 42-27 or thereabouts would be what I pick for this game. Here is how I think it will shape out.

1. TAMU:  Auburn 28 TAMU 31 or Auburn 31- TAMU 28

2. Liberty: Auburn 45 -Liberty 17

3. Auburn 24 -UGA 35. I just do not see us winning this game in Athens, but stranger things have happened.

4. Auburn 27 Bammer 42. It will be close for a while, but bammer has just too much horsepower and muscle for us to contend with for 4 quarters.

We are very much in line for a 6-6 season of which bodes poorly for Gus. IMHO, the powers that be could reach their boiling point and pull the trigger. If not, Gus will be on a seat hot enough to boil peanuts and gumbo.

• WarTiger changed the title to remaining games

I believe TAMU is highly ranked against the run. Doesn’t bode well for us no matter their outcome against MSU. We beat OM bc we could run against their awful defense. 

I’ll pick Auburn in all but the Iron Bowl.  Auburn’s defense is just as good as MSU especially after a week of rest.  If Florida had a Qb they trusted they could have won.  Liberty is Liberty.  Bama wins by 10+

A&M isn’t a good football team, but I think they’re better than we are.  This game is the battle for 4th place in the West.  🤦‍♂️    IMHO, Our D keeps us in it, but we lose by single digits.  

We’ll get thumped in Athens. 😰

We’ll be able to lick our wounds against Liberty.  Should be an easy win.  

This year’s bama team is the best during this whole stinking dynasty.   I’m going to focus on enjoying Thanksgiving weekend with my family and pretend this game doesn’t exist.  bama can pick the score before the game.  

doc4aday...if we score 28 vs. TA&M...we'll win...I don't know if we can score that many against any of our remaining opponents....It would be nice to see us play FSU in a bowl game...or Miami....

2 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

doc4aday...if we score 28 vs. TA&M...we'll win...I don't know if we can score that many against any of our remaining opponents....It would be nice to see us play FSU in a bowl game...or Miami....

Purdue would be fun.  

I always enjoy the chatter afterward about how bowl games don't matter.

23 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

A&M isn’t a good football team, but I think they’re better than we are.  This game is the battle for 4th place in the West.  🤦‍♂️    IMHO, Our D keeps us in it, but we lose by single digits.  

We’ll get thumped in Athens. 😰

We’ll be able to lick our wounds against Liberty.  Should be an easy win.  

This year’s bama team is the best during this whole stinking dynasty.   I’m going to focus on enjoying Thanksgiving weekend with my family and pretend this game doesn’t exist.  bama can pick the score before the game.  

The silver lining is that the Gus defenders will shut up again after the IB. The OM win guarantees he stays another year, but his seat will and absolutely should be nuclear going into next year.

9 hours ago, AURealist said:

Purdue would be fun.  

I always enjoy the chatter afterward about how bowl games don't matter.

Actually at this point they don't matter. Gus should make the bowl game about next year and play Willis or Gatewood at QB and see what they can do. Stidham can't prove anything to the NFL in one low tier bowl game that they don't already know. Gus won't do it but he should. 

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

The silver lining is that the Gus defenders will shut up again after the IB.

We'll be around as long as the bashers are ruining every thread with another mindless "but Gus..." hijack.

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Actually at this point they don't matter. Gus should make the bowl game about next year and play Willis or Gatewood at QB and see what they can do. Stidham can't prove anything to the NFL in one low tier bowl game that they don't already know. Gus won't do it but he should. 

I get your point...but the games do matter...if we lose.  Last year many fans,  and players too,  made it clear that they did not care about UCF despite their record so commentary leading up to the game was similar to yours....NFL guys should not take risks,  anyone dinged up should sit out the game, fans support was modest.....and yet, some better play here and there and we still beat a previously unbeaten team. 

So guys should not play or give it their best because it will do nothing for their NFL prospects?   What about the school name on their uniforms and the fans paying serious money to see their team's best effort.   And JMO but JS has a lot to prove to the NFL and taking off "unimportant games" is not how it's done.  We are probably jumping the gun with this conversation but I think every game is important and deserves the team's best effort....including games that some might consider a meaningless bowl game. 

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We'll be around as long as the bashers are ruining every thread with another mindless "but Gus..." hijack.

Damn you bashers!!! Goin around ruining message board threads! What kind of sick animals are you? You’re ruining Mkey’s football message board! You should all be lucky to have a coach who knows how to only lose four games a year! A coach who dug down deep and found a way to lose to a team who hadn’t won an SEC game since 2016! What is wrong with all of you? 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I get your point...but the games do matter...if we lose.  Last year many fans,  and players too,  made it clear that they did not care about UCF despite their record so commentary leading up to the game was similar to yours....NFL guys should not take risks,  anyone dinged up should sit out the game, fans support was modest.....and yet, some better play here and there and we still beat a previously unbeaten team. 

So guys should not play or give it their best because it will do nothing for their NFL prospects?   What about the school name on their uniforms and the fans paying serious money to see their team's best effort.   And JMO but JS has a lot to prove to the NFL and taking off "unimportant games" is not how it's done.  We are probably jumping the gun with this conversation but I think every game is important and deserves the team's best effort....including games that some might consider a meaningless bowl game. 

All Auburn games matter and while I was disappointed in the opponent in last years bowl game I still wanted to win. There will be a lot of conversation though about how at least we get those extra bowl game practices. Well, with Gus it doesn’t seem to matter. Bottom line is this, Gus’s ending has been written, its just a timing and money thing now. We’ve seen what Gus is and it won’t change. The schedule isn’t any easier next hear and while we stand still the rest of our division will improve. We can debate this all off season but it doesn’t matter. Until that glorious day comes though I will still cheer loudly and pull for the boys in orange and blue.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Missing chromosome much?

We will beat liberty. We may beat TAM but we would have to play very well. Our chances of beating uga are slim. They will be at home for the first time in a month, they have our number, and although they are not great they are better than us. I am not going to even bother going over the last game. It would take a saint-like miracle. 

18 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Not very impressed with what I see of A&M tonight 

The same here!  MSU surprised me. Although, TAMU dropped a lot of passes they should have caught.

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

I agree in that there are no unimportant games. Every game deserves the absolute best from our team. I hope that Gus will coach his heart out and surprise us in a good way for the rest of the season. I do not really consider myself a Gus basher, but a die hard fan that tries to see things for what they are. The possibility of a 6-6 seasons looms over our head, but we do have a decent chance to beat TAMU.. I do think we can beat TAMU after watching the MSU game. I think our defense is as good as MSU's and maybe a tad better. A 7-5 or 8-5 season would be great no doubt. This is doable. Beating UGA and bammer will take a superman effort and games where we have to have nearly 0 mistakes and play even better than we did last year against those 2 teams. If UGA plays bammer for the SEC title, bammer will be favored unless we have lightening in bottle and expose the turds like no one else has the season.

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

A bowl is meaningful for the extra practice it allows. Otherwise the playoffs have put a major ding in the importance of the bowls but maybe that's just me in this thread. In regard to JS, I just don't know what he can do to help himself. Yes, he has a lot to prove but I don't think our game planning and his play this year have done much for his stock. I have seen nothing from the past years of bowl preparation that makes me think anything will get magically straightened out this year. I guess that's why I'm wanting to see the younger QBs play. 

Archived