A Bad "Joke" By Hillary

Proud Tiger

During an interview, the interveiwer got Eric Holder and Corey Booker mixed up. Hillary then just said they all look alike.  Imagine if Trump had said that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton-jokes-they-all-look-alike-after-interviewer-mixes-up-cory-booker-and-eric-holder

8 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

During an interview, Hillary got Eric Holder and Corey Booker mixed up. She then just said they all look alike.  Imagine if Trump had said that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton-jokes-they-all-look-alike-after-interviewer-mixes-up-cory-booker-and-eric-holder

Nola.....glad you liked this. Didn't get much response from the Trump haters.

There is alot of people that would of gotten in trouble for a comment like that. Lol, hell comment like that at my new job would get me sent to HR.

What I hate about the new cultural appropriation/politically correct world. The rules are constantly changing.

My last job one of my bosses was Hispanic. They looked at another that was snagging leftovers to take and right in front of me told another Hispanic to "Stop Being a Mexican". Then looked at me goes "it's Ok, Im Mexican also". This was at work.

I didn't care, but in my mind I'm going no that isn't... that gets me fired if I do it in the work place.

I don't like Hillary.  Like, at all.  As in, for all my contempt for Trump that compelled me not to cast a vote for him, I could not cast one for Hillary as an alternative.

That said, I took that as a dig at the interviewer for mixing the two up.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't like Hillary.  Like, at all.  As in, for all my contempt for Trump that compelled me not to cast a vote for him, I could not cast one for Hillary as an alternative.

That said, I took that as a dig at the interviewer for mixing the two up.

Touche' That was HRC burning the interviewer. I would have said the same thing. I rib folks i know in the same way. I even have a corollary "joke." I used to have an employee that is well well known by those that know me and my circle of friends. She kept getting me and one other white guy confused, so we often will say, "All them damn white people look alike to me too." 

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Touche' That was HRC burning the interviewer. I would have said the same thing. I rib folks i know in the same way. I even have a corollary "joke." I used to have an employee that is well well known by those that know me and my circle of friends. She kept getting me and one other white guy confused, so we often will say, "All them damn white people look alike to me too." 

Sounds just like the age old excuses people make for Hillary. Surely you agree if it had been Trump saying that he would be crucified by the media and Trump haters.

30 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sounds just like the age old excuses people make for Hillary. Surely you agree if it had been Trump saying that he would be crucified by the media and Trump haters.

It's pretty clear from the clip that that is what happened.  Your comment that Hillary made the mistake is demonstrably wrong, since in the clip it is clear that the interviewer is the one who mixes Booker and Holder and Hillary corrects her.

Did you watch the actual video or just read the Fox article?

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's pretty clear from the clip that that is what happened.  Your comment that Hillary made the mistake is demonstrably wrong, since in the clip it is clear that the interviewer is the one who mixes Booker and Holder and Hillary corrects her.

Did you watch the actual video or just read the Fox article?

You are right and I changed the wording in my OP. But the FACT is she said "they all look alike" which is the important thing.

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You are right and I changed the wording in my OP. But the FACT is she said "they all look alike" which is the important thing.

True, but in that context I think it's pretty clear that she's making a sarcastic dig at the interviewer for mixing them up.

And again, I say that with literally zero desire to ever take up for Hillary on anything.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

True, but in that context I think it's pretty clear that she's making a sarcastic dig at the interviewer for mixing them up.

And again, I say that with literally zero desire to ever take up for Hillary on anything.

That may be the case but do you think Trump could get away with it just being a joke?

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

That may be the case but do you think Trump could get away with it just being a joke?

It would depend on the context but I doubt it.  But then again, Trump has made his own bed here with his own rhetorical history, the people he surrounds himself with, the tone-deaf things he says on sensitive racial matters, the white nationalists who are energized by his candidacy and presidency.  Those things don't exist for Hillary or most other politicians for that matter.  So while it's easy to say he wouldn't be treated the same, that different treatment is largely a problem of his own creation.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It would depend on the context but I doubt it.  But then again, Trump has made his own bed here with his own rhetorical history, the people he surrounds himself with, the tone-deaf things he says on sensitive racial matters, the white nationalists who are energized by his candidacy and presidency.  Those things don't exist for Hillary or most other politicians for that matter.  So while it's easy to say he wouldn't be treated the same, that different treatment is largely a problem of his own creation.

We just have diferent opinions. But fact remains........Hillary made a bad joke.

Archived