Brown Liquor Time

fredst

On 2/24/2020 at 7:25 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Think of it more as a pre-mixed cocktail. And if you haven’t tried Skrewball peanut butter whiskey, you’re missing out. We sell a ton of it. 

Is it good, really? Have seen it on the shelf and haven't thought to try. As a guy that likes a good Old-Fashioned or Manhattan (if made correctly) I still like good whisk(e)y neat. Always willing to try something if the taste is good though....

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Is it good, really? Have seen it on the shelf and haven't thought to try. As a guy that likes a good Old-Fashioned or Manhattan (if made correctly) I still like good whisk(e)y neat. Always willing to try something if the taste is good though....

I feel like I might be your understudy? 

I love tasting things. Damned near anything. But when it comes to buying 750ml or 22/48/56/72oz  of something to enjoy at home, I'm a little more cautious. I haven't even been able to make myself pull the trigger on a $27 bottle of cold brew-infused Jameson. But that will probably change soon. 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

I wouldn’t lie about it 😉

• Love 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like I might be your understudy? 

I love tasting things. Damned near anything. But when it comes to buying 750ml or 22/48/56/72oz  of something to enjoy at home, I'm a little more cautious. I haven't even been able to make myself pull the trigger on a $27 bottle of cold brew-infused Jameson. But that will probably change soon. 

Cold brew Jameson wasn’t that good imo. Stolen X is sold in 100ml mini cans btw if you don’t want to spring for a big bottle. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Cold brew Jameson wasn’t that good imo. Stolen X is sold in 100ml mini cans btw if you don’t want to spring for a big bottle. 

Now we're talking. 

I was sent a recipe for making your own coffee-infused bourbon. (This dude actually makes all kinds of bourbon infusions, like banana.) Maybe I'll try that instead. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Now we're talking. 

I was sent a recipe for making your own coffee-infused bourbon. (This dude actually makes all kinds of bourbon infusions, like banana.) Maybe I'll try that instead. 

There’s one out there that I tried and liked. Red Eye Rye. I’ve had a few coffee rums that have been pretty good too. Bacoo and Kraken both make one. 

https://www.standardproofwhiskey.com/rye

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

There’s one out there that I tried and liked. Red Eye Rye. I’ve had a few coffee rums that have been pretty good too. Bacoo and Kraken both make one. 

https://www.standardproofwhiskey.com/rye

Coffee rum makes really good sense. 

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, wareagletk said:

What’s yalls thoughts on ECBP A120. Once I opened it up for about a week, it really opened up the flavors a little! 

76991DCA-5E4A-40AC-BC04-41D7F3681011.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever had anything from EC that I didn’t like. That said, I haven’t had this one. I’m pretty green in the bourbon game, so I probably wouldn’t be the best to critique one. 

Cheers and welcome!

On 3/28/2020 at 9:34 PM, wareagletk said:

What’s yalls thoughts on ECBP A120. Once I opened it up for about a week, it really opened up the flavors a little! 

The “A” and “B” are both very good although B significantly lower proof. I haven’t been able to put my hands on the “C” release. As stated, all things EC are pretty good

On 3/28/2020 at 10:34 PM, wareagletk said:

I think I like the way you roll and I know we're happy to have ya here. 

Love the glass!

I see EC + 120 and my answer is yes, please. 

Cheers

McWifey had flowers delivered to the doorsteps of all the neighbors on our little cul de sac. One of the neighbors responded with a gift of some artisanal, organic whatever vodka. Threw it in the freezer and will try sipping some neat tonight. Normally I wouldn't throw spirits in the freezer but seemed appropriate for vodka? What do y'all think? What do you do with nice vodka?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I think I like the way you roll and I know we're happy to have ya here. 

Love the glass!

I see EC + 120 and my answer is yes, please. 

Cheers

Preciate it, and I’m happy to be here. I’ve recently just gotten into bourbon this past November, and I have been hooked ever since. I never thought about looking in the forum to see if any of y’all were into bourbon. 

12 minutes ago, wareagletk said:

Preciate it, and I’m happy to be here. I’ve recently just gotten into bourbon this past November, and I have been hooked ever since. I never thought about looking in the forum to see if any of y’all were into bourbon. 

I think there are a few of us who are into quality libations in general. There's a lot of overlap in the bourbon (whiskey/whisky) and beer threads. A few of these guys are true aficionados. I'm just here for the party. 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think there are a few of us who are into quality libations in general. There's a lot of overlap in the bourbon (whiskey/whisky) and beer threads. A few of these guys are true aficionados. I'm just here for the party. 

Me too...me too.

11B12623-89E0-42E8-9EF0-DA82BE54B172.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Me too...me too.

11B12623-89E0-42E8-9EF0-DA82BE54B172.gif

Not a band name, I don't think, but an album name for sure.

Also, best credits outtake reel in history.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not a band name, I don't think, but an album name for sure.

Also, best credits outtake reel in history.

Oh hell yes. It’s right up there with Cannonball Run, 40 y/o Virgin..,

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Oh hell yes. It’s right up there with Cannonball Run, 40 y/o Virgin..,

Oh man, I forgot about Cannonball Run. I'm convinced they did that just to get as much of Burt Reynolds laughing on tape as they could. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh man, I forgot about Cannonball Run. I'm convinced they did that just to get as much of Burt Reynolds laughing on tape as they could. 

My God...that laugh.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My God...that laugh.

Suddenly I'm realizing just how much fun these movie sets must have been. Like Studio 54 on spring break. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Suddenly I'm realizing just how much fun these movie sets must have been. Like Studio 54 on spring break. 

I’m not sure I can even imagine in the proper context...😳

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, McLoofus said:

McWifey had flowers delivered to the doorsteps of all the neighbors on our little cul de sac. One of the neighbors responded with a gift of some artisanal, organic whatever vodka. Threw it in the freezer and will try sipping some neat tonight. Normally I wouldn't throw spirits in the freezer but seemed appropriate for vodka? What do y'all think? What do you do with nice vodka?

I keep mine in the freezer. Nicer vodka gets club soda or dirty martini treatment from me. Mid-shelf vodka gets grapefruit juice or thrown in a bloody. 

• Like 1