Chip Lindsey

auburn4ever

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Maybe it’s just me getting older, I don’t know, but Chiz and Gus have collectively managed to almost totally sap the joy out of Auburn football for me. Incredible that the highest highs for AU football were under these two nimrods and were followed by such mediocrity and created such dissension in the fan base. All I can muster as long as Gus is “leading” the program is apathy. I can’t believe that I’m the only one

I’m in that club too. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

As always, I can see Gus Malzahn's hand prints all over the offense. I really feel sorry for Chip.

Really... Chip is in over his head as much as the rest of them.   

On 11/20/2018 at 9:06 AM, bigbird said:

Zero accountability and no fear of repercussions will lead to sloppy execution and bad mental break downs.

Off the top of my head...

Much better passing concepts

Much better QB coaching

Much better scheming

Much better flexibility

Much better player utilization

Much better adjustments

Much better play calling.

I guess my point on this was how do we know Malzahn will let Freeze be Freeze. 

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Maybe it’s just me getting older, I don’t know, but Chiz and Gus have collectively managed to almost totally sap the joy out of Auburn football for me. Incredible that the highest highs for AU football were under these two nimrods and were followed by such mediocrity and created such dissension in the fan base. All I can muster as long as Gus is “leading” the program is apathy. I can’t believe that I’m the only one

You must have missed the manic-depressive years that were Tubberville.

27 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

I guess my point on this was how do we know Malzahn will let Freeze be Freeze. 

He won't.  That's why Freeze would not come to AU as OC. 

47 minutes ago, meh130 said:

You must have missed the manic-depressive years that were Tubberville.

Nope. Was around even for the Barfield years. Again, maybe my age makes me less tolerant of the mediocrity but the $49 million I think has a lot to do with it.

9 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

We might be better off with Robert Bentley as oC

At least we know he can score and recruit.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

At least we know he can score and recruit.

Bentley is the running back coach at South Carolina. Does he have any experience as an offensive coordinator?

4 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Bentley is the running back coach at South Carolina. Does he have any experience as an offensive coordinator?

lol we were making a joke about former alabama gov robert bentley.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol we were making a joke about former alabama gov robert bentley.

My bad. Did not read the entire thread. Saw the Luv Guv in Winn Dixie a couple of Sundays ago. 

6 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

My friend thinks Auburn should call up Kingsbury for OC. Appears he will be available and need a job.

I'd so totally be on board with that.

Kingsbury  would be a 'take'.   

Young, exciting, can recruit TX, runs the spread, knows LA and Houston.

But...again it makes little difference if Gus is going to micromanage.  You could hire me and maybe get the same results I am afraid.  

50 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

My friend thinks Auburn should call up Kingsbury for OC. Appears he will be available and need a job.

Definitely looks like he’ll be looking for a job, NFL might be interested though:

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/kliff-kingsbury-fired-texas-tech/474122

46 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Definitely looks like he’ll be looking for a job, NFL might be interested though:

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/kliff-kingsbury-fired-texas-tech/474122

Probably will happen, but the last I read Texas Tech when contacted would not confirm it.

If Lindsey is gone, will it happen before The bowl game? Or any coaching changes for that matter, when are they most likely to occur? Especially given the early signing period.

12 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I doubt he would be interested in a OC job.  He will be hired as a HC at a non Power 5 school. 

13 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

IIRC, Bentley was the "OC in waiting" when the expectation was Rhett Lashley would get hired away.

So... your answer to the Offense problem is firing Coach Lindsey and hiring another OC that will also be "restricted and allowed", to call only CGM plays?   

*Sounds like your mopping the floor downstairs when the leak is upstairs. 😭

Archived