Chip Lindsey

auburn4ever

Some new whispers:

If Gus is retained, there might be some hesitation from the board to hire Freeze due to past transgressions. If so, another possibility is for Gus to hire Bobby Bentley from USCe. In that scenario, he would probably be the QB coach but Gus would be the play caller like his first year. Nothing is concrete though.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kodi does not necessarily need to work under others.  There are many WR gurus that teach techniques, footwork etc.... and the guys just need to be willing to spend the extra time on learning their craft.    

It s a commitment to growing in their field no different that any other professional (sport or non-sport) job

3 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Some new whispers:

If Gus is retained, there might be some hesitation from the board to hire Freeze due to past transgressions. If so, another possibility is for Gus to hire Bobby Bentley from USCe. In that scenario, he would probably be the QB coach but Gus would be the play caller like his first year. Nothing is concrete though.

While that is not a terrible idea quit hiring buddy’s.   Learn how to improve and evolve.    Plus, if Lindsey was the boy one to go that would be a Huuuuge mistake.   

13 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Some new whispers:

Gross. Really? Another friend hire. And another guy that has spent most of his time in high school and with Gus. His last 3 years at USCe was as the RB coach. What experience developing QBs or college passing attacks does he have? I don't think Gus could be that dense? 

22 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Gross. Really? Another friend hire. And another guy that has spent most of his time in high school and with Gus. His last 3 years at USCe was as the RB coach. What experience developing QBs or college passing attacks does he have? I don't think Gus could be that dense? 

I don't want to be argumentative, but Gus is that dense. Just look at his past years at Auburn, he's so thick headed, i am almost convinced he is unable to evolve.

58 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Some new whispers:

This would be typical of a Gus hire.  Just hire somebody because it doesn’t matter as Gus is the genius behind the Auburn Tigers.  If you don’t believe that, just ask him.

ahhhhhh hell no. no way would Auburn be so stupid to hire a running backs coach with zero experience developing qbs to come fix our qb and offensive woes. this would cause me to post in the melt thread for the first time. 

51 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Gross

That is EXACTLY what came to my mind when I read that.

I'm already so numb to Gus Ball.  This would be such a "blah" scenario under Gus, that it would make sense.

Horton is the worse RB coach we've ever had. But your right, Gus won't make any changes. It goes to show that Gus doesn't care if this team wins or not.

if Bentley is hired we obviously will be going back to old school Gus duel threat QB with emphasis on running. I wouldn't mind this if we actually had a duel threat qb ready to go but barring a transfer I dont see anyone e ready for day 1 at qb position. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This would be typical of a Gus hire.  Just hire somebody because it doesn’t matter as Gus is the genius behind the Auburn Tigers.  If you don’t believe that, just ask him.

Yup. Ego is just like Chiz's.

This hire would all but guarantee next year is just as much of a poop show as this year.

Though it would also essentially make next year Gus' last year here.

Man the future of Auburn football is just depressing.

Maybe it’s just me getting older, I don’t know, but Chiz and Gus have collectively managed to almost totally sap the joy out of Auburn football for me. Incredible that the highest highs for AU football were under these two nimrods and were followed by such mediocrity and created such dissension in the fan base. All I can muster as long as Gus is “leading” the program is apathy. I can’t believe that I’m the only one

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Maybe it’s just me getting older, I don’t know, but Chiz and Gus have collectively managed to almost totally sap the joy out of Auburn football for me. Incredible that the highest highs for AU football were under these two nimrods and were followed by such mediocrity and created such dissension in the fan base. All I can muster as long as Gus is “leading” the program is apathy. I can’t believe that I’m the only one

You aren’t. I often describe my fandom currently as being apathetic. Can’t wait until Gus goes away. Maybe we’ll hire someone that’ll get the fan base fired up. 

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

You aren’t. I often describe my fandom currently as being apathetic. Can’t wait until Gus goes away. Maybe we’ll hire someone that’ll get the fan base fired up. 

Yes. For all the heckling Marshall was spot-on with the “Leadership” article. Someone to lead the program with enthusiasm and vision. And, for those that forget, Bruce Pearl was just an up-and-comer from Milwaukee until UT hired him and he solidified his resume at a major conference school. We’ve just got to find that guy for our football program. I hope Greene can make a good hire when that time comes, the sooner the better

If the board doesn't want Freeze, they just need to cut the cord on Gus all together. If they are entertaining Bentley, they need to have their own cord cut. If we won't fire Gus because of the price tag, he at least needs to be put in receivership for new offensive staff hires.

2 hours ago, SphyNxXx said:

Some new whispers:

And this would be the reason that Auburn will never be and has never been able to establish a dominant decade of competing for championships.   The powers behind the scenes are the reason.   I’m not saying that HF is the best hire we could get, but he is damn sure better than CL.

lol bobby bentley.

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol bobby bentley.

Rhett Lashley/Chip Lindsay 2.0

Wasn't Bentley here in an off the field analyst spot for Gus about 3 or 4 years ago?  Before his son signed with USCe?

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Rhett Lashley/Chip Lindsay 2.0

Wasn't Bentley here in an off the field analyst spot for Gus about 3 or 4 years ago?  Before his son signed with USCe?

yah now that his son has almost used up all his eligibility  what good is he to a program?! And yes. As a coordinator?! YGTBFKM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived