Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Woah

He obviously has no idea how incompetent Gus has been. As much success has he's had here, Gus has actively prevented this program from taking that next step. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Woah

Ok, but he's making top 5 pay. Plus what he puts on the field - win or lose - tends to be ugly and dysfunctional to watch. With our lack of SEC line and running back level talent, things are only going to get worse too. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sorry....couldn’t help it.

Yooooooooo how have I never seen this before? 104 pages of beef squashed by 15 seconds of this weird kid. Perfect. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Up to my ass in poopy diapers....

I’ve been in and out (TWSS) the last few days, thought I smelled something.....

i hope you are taking good care of Mrs. Loof, we seriously need you to be able to repeat this several more times. The Auburn family needs about dozen more lil’ Loofs with their daddy’s wit. 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Those public confirmations were before Gus took a knee in the IB against our biggest rival. I think that forced most all folks in the admin to have to reposition their priorities. Hard for those folks to back Gus after that. He would have been better off going for the gusto and loosing bigger.

Gus and gusto: go together like..franks and beans!

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

That makes sense, thank you. Sounds like, Leath basically made a mess, and he’s getting messier, trying to clean up the mess.

Sounds like a job for Thing 1 and Thing 2

thing1.jpg

Isn’t there something like a 200 page axiom on the recruiting site that states a recruit will commit elsewhere if we reach 200 pages?   If so, would reaching 200 pages mean that Gus will be going elsewhere or would it mean we’re stuck with Gus for life.  

Asking for a friend...

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Hidden message. Certainly describes our situation...

holdingpattern.jpg

So, is the message “Save Our Souls” or “Same Ole Sh@t”? Asking for a friend. 

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Hidden message. Certainly describes our situation...

holdingpattern.jpg

Creative, but your first letter doesn't look like a 'P' at all...

Nothing we don’t already know, but a decent read.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/adob-my-view-of-the-truth-part-vii

Hello again, friends.

A coach texted me Wednesday afternoon with an unusual question.

You know anything new?

No, The Malzahn Saga isn't going well at all. The last time we spoke, Gus Malzahn had made provisional agreements to concede some autonomy, and perhaps one year of buyout protection, in exchange for a reprieve of sorts. It's the reprieve only a desperate man would consider — one final season to make good on his promises of another Western Division title even as supporters-turned-conspirators rack their brains searching for a way to rid themselves of him. 

It's bizarre. It's the definition of dysfunction. And it's 100 percent Auburn Being Auburn.

Let me answer many of my Auburn folks' DMs: No one knows what's going to happen at this point. No one is happy about any of this. Malzahn is worse. Auburn is worse. The fans are pissed. Major donors are threatening to hold back donations. And there's no good path out of this.

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Nothing we don’t already know, but a decent read.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/adob-my-view-of-the-truth-part-vii

Hello again, friends.

A coach texted me Wednesday afternoon with an unusual question.

You know anything new?

No, The Malzahn Saga isn't going well at all. The last time we spoke, Gus Malzahn had made provisional agreements to concede some autonomy, and perhaps one year of buyout protection, in exchange for a reprieve of sorts. It's the reprieve only a desperate man would consider — one final season to make good on his promises of another Western Division title even as supporters-turned-conspirators rack their brains searching for a way to rid themselves of him. 

It's bizarre. It's the definition of dysfunction. And it's 100 percent Auburn Being Auburn.

What on Earth would make Gus think that he would be able to do anything that would improve what we did this year? How egotistical can he be? He's tried! Even his good seasons are ultimately bad. He's just not a good head football coach at this level. The sooner he realizes that, the sooner we can all move on to a better life. Including him.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What on Earth would make Gus think that he would be able to do anything that would improve what we did this year? How egotistical he be? He's tried! Even his good seasons are ultimately bad. He's just not a good head football coach at this level. The sooner he realizes that, the sooner we can all move on to a better life. Including him.

I personally like the fact that he is putting his money where his mouth is and betting on himself. I’m willing to give him another year. With a reduced buyout of course.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I personally like the fact that he is putting his money where his mouth is and betting on himself. I’m willing to give him another year.

Screw that man. If he gets another year, he better win at least a freaking SEC title and have us in the playoffs. Another 9 win season won't show me that he has figured it out. He's had plenty of chances to "fix things", and all he does is plug a hole enough to not get fired. 

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey is one of the top candidates to join Tennessee’s staff in the same position, according to FootballScoop.com.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Report-Chip-Lindsey-a-top-candidate-for-Tennessee-OC-job-125530665

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I wonder how much Sexton encouraged Gus to call Leath's challenge.  By Gus saying he will accept, all the pressure shifted back to AU and the muddy faces now belong to Leath and Harbert.

Leath's #1 goal is to make himself look competent. Leath knows he will not last the year as AU's president.  He feels like firing Gus, a year removed from a terribly negotiated contract by himself, would be a huge blemish against him.  He is solely trying to ensure that he can remain hirable.  He can not justify the contract, the buyout, and the poor management to potential employers.  That is why he tried to neuter Gus. It was a poor attempt to make him miserable enough that he would leave on his own fruition.  

As of now, I believe Leath and Harbert are regrouping and trying to formulate another plan of attack that willminimize any backlash on them. Both are in very perilous positions and have been told that. Leath is looking for coverage for his future employment and Harbert is trying to remain a central player with his power/influence intact.

By whom?  The rest of the BOT that approved the exact same contract 12 months ago?  

IF Harbert seriously wants to remain as the central player behind AU with his power and influence then write the damn check Raymond and be done with it once and for all. 

He backed my man, his contingent has apparently been leaking that "the money is there" for 6 weeks now, so fork it out and move on.  Then he will not only remain the central power at AU but his influence will ratchet up a few notches because he's a man that stands behind his decisions. 

OH, and just for good measure he needs scratch out another check for that football only facility just to show a good faith effort to the program for putting the whole Family through this crap.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey is one of the top candidates to join Tennessee’s staff in the same position, according to FootballScoop.com.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Report-Chip-Lindsey-a-top-candidate-for-Tennessee-OC-job-125530665

That'll be nice, but now that Gus has limited resources and and one more season, who can he bring in? OC Burns, here we come! Lol

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So is Hugh Freeze:  

Archived