Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AU-24 said:
Let me answer many of my Auburn folks' DMs: No one knows what's going to happen at this point. No one is happy about any of this. Malzahn is worse. Auburn is worse. The fans are pissed. Major donors are threatening to hold back donations. And there's no good path out of this.

Okay if all of this is going on it would be better to just cut the damn cord

Just now, DAG said:

That's what would be for the best, but likely not what we will get.

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I personally like the fact that he is putting his money where his mouth is and betting on himself. I’m willing to give him another year. With a reduced buyout of course.

Teaching his players a lesson too...  keep fighting.  

Why all the disdain for Leath? I know I am in the minority. I think he has Auburn’s best interest at heart as it relates to Auburn firing Gus. He does not want Auburn on the hook for 32 million. But I am sure he will allow the boosters who want him out to cut the check. Did he sign off on  the contract extension....apparently yes. But I personally don’t think he cared if Gus stayed or went. However at the request of one of Gus’s main backers and Auburn financial supporters in Harbert, he blessed it. However I doubt he foresaw Auburn (fan base/other PTB members) wanting to can him one year later. As for Pearl at the peak of the FBI investigation it looked bad and Auburn looked bad. How could the b-ball HC not know one of his premier asst coaches was (paying) and or peddling a player/players to an agent or whatever. Not to mention this was not Pearl’s first rodeo with ethical issues. Maybe he thought...Fire him so it does not hurt Auburn as a whole. Enter Allen Greene who is more adept at issues of this nature and he reassured Leath, Bruce was clean and Person acted on his own. Therefore he blessed Pearl staying on. In this case I think Greene did his job and Leath was wise to listen to him. As for this fiasco, the PTB are getting what they deserve. Pay the money if you want him gone or shut up. I’ll say this again if the money is there/was there Gus would have been gone, and Stoops would have be compiling a staff.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Screw that man. If he gets another year, he better win at least a freaking SEC title and have us in the playoffs. Another 9 win season won't show me that he has figured it out. He's had plenty of chances to "fix things", and all he does is plug a hole enough to not get fired. 

It’s not that serious bro.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Been preparing for this moment all my life. IT'S GO TIME.

(Thank you!)

My wife and I had our second back in August. Big time congratulations, bud. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree and if the Stoops thing really did happen, after seeing how we’ve turned this thing into a freak show he wouldn’t touch Auburn with a 10 foot pole.

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I personally like the fact that he is putting his money where his mouth is and betting on himself. I’m willing to give him another year. With a reduced buyout of course.

Honestly, that's about the only positive I'm taking from this cluster**** right now.  Right or wrong, lucid or delusional, Gus believes this team is good enough to compete and be great next year and he's not only betting on himself, but he's betting that he's right about their talent and potential.  And he doesn't want some new guy to swoop in and reap the benefits of something he didn't build.  He wants to be the guy that shows everyone how wrong they are about this group of players.

I still don't think he's the guy to make it happen.  But I do admire his tenacity.

8 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Teaching his players a lesson too...  keep fighting.  

Where was that mindset during the Iron Bowl? Dude folded like a lawn chair multiple times.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

IKR... maybe Josh should tell his sources to let those major donors know if they want him gone...well cut the check. Get him gone.

Eww a 9 win season next year would be the worst thing. Good enough to save his job, not good enough to show the arrow is pointing in the right direction because Gus is going to keep doing the same shiz he's been doing. He's shown that even when he seemingly "gets it" he truly doesn't because he keeps reverting to the same old garbage. How many times are people going to fall for his endless game?

1 minute ago, chimes said:

My wife and I had our second back in August. Big time congratulations, bud. 

Right back at ya, brotha! This one has been much easier than #1 so far so we good. 

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I just thought about this. I know exactly what's going on with Gus, if he is that confident he can turn things around. He is confident that he'll be able to sign Bryant(Stidham), and he's convinced that Bryant (Stidham) will change everything and take him off the hot seat. That's exactly what's going on. And I know this, because he literally just pulled this crap 2 years ago. And he was kinda right......for 1 season. Long enough to not get fired. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just thought about this. I know exactly what's going on with Gus, if he is that confident he can turn things around. He is confident that he'll be able to sign Bryant(Stidham), and he's convinced that Bryant (Stidham) will change everything and take him off the hot seat. That's exactly what's going on. And I know this, because he literally just pulled this crap 2 years ago. And he was kinda right......for 1 season. Long enough to not get fired. 

ding ding ding

With Gus we are on a year-to-year basis. He struggles big time with foresight in game, let alone trying to really plan for the future.

Look at how our entire OL last year was made up of transfers. Does that show a guy who has an eye for the future? The man uses more band-aids than a school nurse.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s not that serious bro.

In the big picture, you're absolutely right. But as far as Auburn University's college football team goes, it's absolutely serious. It's the difference between being a contender and falling behind more. I bet the players and recruits think thats serious.

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Why all the disdain for Leath? I know I am in the minority. I think he has Auburn’s best interest at heart as it relates to Auburn firing Gus. He does not want Auburn on the hook for 32 million. But I am sure he will allow the boosters who want him out to cut the check. Did he sign off on  the contract extension....apparently yes. But I personally don’t think he cared if Gus stayed or went. However at the request of one of Gus’s main backers and Auburn financial supporters in Harbert, he blessed it. However I doubt he foresaw Auburn (fan base/other PTB members) wanting to can him one year later. As for Pearl at the peak of the FBI investigation it looked bad and Auburn looked bad. How could the b-ball HC not know one of his premier asst coaches was (paying) and or peddling a player/players to an agent or whatever. Not to mention this was not Pearl’s first rodeo with ethical issues. Maybe he thought...Fire him so it does not hurt Auburn as a whole. Enter Allen Greene who is more adept at issues of this nature and he reassured Leath, Bruce was clean and Person acted on his own. Therefore he blessed Pearl staying on. In this case I think Greene did his job and Leath was wise to listen to him. As for this fiasco, the PTB are getting what they deserve. Pay the money if you want him gone or shut up. I’ll say this again if the money is there/was there Gus would have been gone, and Stoops would have be compiling a staff.

Those in the know say that people who understand how these things should be done tried to warn Leath about taking on the negotiations for Gus's contract on his own last year with Sexton.  They tried to advise him against such a large buyout and wanted us to negotiate harder and he didn't listen.  And he didn't have to listen.  The call was his to make and he decided he knew more about it than anyone else in the room.  So when it blows up in his face like this, he has to own it.  I get that he doesn't want Auburn to pay that kind of money, but it's more about him not being blamed for it than worrying about Auburn.

He was also trying to fire Pearl before all the evidence came in and trying to strong-arm him into talking about things against the advice of any decent lawyer in the country.  Had here acted on his impulses, Auburn would be in the basketball dark ages for 20 more years at least.

Also, there have been numerous complaints on his handling of the academic side.  And it's not helped by his call for departments and professors to tighten their belts and do more with less while having massive cost overruns on his and his wife's remodel of the president's mansion and getting Auburn on the hook for potentially $32 million in buyout money.  It's hard for those folks to take your belt-tightening talk seriously when you don't exercise any similar amount of prudence in other areas of financial concern.

Finally, the money is there.  This has been talked about by people in the know for a while now.  But it is contingent upon being able to make a homerun hire for his replacement.  There are probably many "good" hires:  Brohm, Aranda, Venables, Heupel, and so on, but those are not homeruns.  Stoops is a homerun.  If Meyer was fed up with the state of things at OSU and ready to get back to the SEC, that would be a homerun.  James Franklin might be a homerun.  But if things didn't progress with Stoops and those others are available or someone in their league, I can see why it feels like even if the money is there it's not wise to spend it to get just "good."

9 minutes ago, chimes said:

Where was that mindset during the Iron Bowl? Dude folded like a lawn chair multiple times.

I didn’t mind Gus’s play calling before tbe half if that’s one of the examples you’re referring to. In the second half we just got beaten into submission. Out muscled, out talented, out played.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn’t mind Gus’s play calling before tbe half if that’s one of the examples you’re referring to. In the second half we just got beaten into submission. Out muscled, out talented, out played.

That we did. But his game plan in the mid 3rd quarter and 4th quarter was a gameplan of a man who gave up and tried not to make matters worse. He started running the clock out, so Saban would lay off of the beating. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Outcoached.  Bama made adjustments at halftime.  We apparently made none.

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Obviously we have a prez who amazingly is more stubborn than Gus!

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

When have we ever in 6 years

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We were definitely out coached too. 

Archived