Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Not trying to give anyone a hard time.

So the story is now changing to Leath doesn’t care whether Gus stays or goes, Greene wants to fire him, even though he publicly stated differently, Leath won’t let Greene fire Gus, Because of the buy-out, but he was expecting Gus to turn down his new deal and walk away with the buy-out?

Those public confirmations were before Gus took a knee in the IB against our biggest rival. I think that forced most all folks in the admin to have to reposition their priorities. Hard for those folks to back Gus after that. He would have been better off going for the gusto and loosing bigger.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Those public confirmations were before Gus took a knee in the IB against our biggest rival. I think that forced most all folks in the admin to have to reposition their priorities. Hard for those folks to back Gus after that. He would have been better off going for the gusto and loosing bigger.

Makes sense! When he “took a knee” I thought maybe he had some big plans for the second half. His big plan was, three downs and punt, then give up 500 yards to the turds.

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

From the article:

Yet these Auburn assistants, by and large, have no idea what's happening. They know the situation is messy and complicated and may force a change in employment, but they haven't heard from Malzahn. Maybe he can't inform them for legal reasons. Maybe his motivation is more about strategy than legality. This is, after all, a coach who on Sunday called Auburn president Steven Leath's bluff and now has Auburn's athletic administrators wondering what happens next.

They don't appear to know.

How can Auburn leave the assistants hanging like this? They (Malzahn, Leath & Harbert) need to nip this in the bud today. Will they? Who knows, but what is currently going on is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I was wondering that also.. but..if Gus took the deal Leath offered and went on his merry way to recruit, no one is hanging right? Gus is the head coach and he hasn’t fired any assistants.. JMO but it seems that Gus is our coach and his staff remaines intact up to this point.. what a complete $hit show. 

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Makes sense! When he “took a knee” I thought maybe he had some big plans for the second half. His big plan was, three downs and punt, then give up 500 yards to the turds.

I was more concerned when he took a knee for most of the fourth quarter trying to run out the clock.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I was more concerned when he took a knee for most of the fourth quarter trying to run out the clock.

Lol

8 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I was wondering that also.. but..if Gus took the deal Leath offered and went on his merry way to recruit, no one is hanging right? Gus is the head coach and he hasn’t fired any assistants.. JMO but it seems that Gus is our coach and his staff remaines intact up to this point.. what a complete $hit show. 

Heck wouldn’t surprise me if Gus has excepted the deal and no one will say anything official. Then sometime next spring something will come out showing Gus’s new contract when all the contracts are reported for the SEC.

34 minutes ago, keesler said:

Now, do you have time to suss out the "Bob Stoops" negotiations?

Is it that hard to suss out?  People with connections to Auburn reached out to people with connections to Stoops and relayed their interest if Gus was fired.  They weren't rebuffed.  Perhaps some numbers and stipulations were floated back and forth on what it would take to get him if the job came available.  From there it seems to have fallen apart, either because Stoops wasn't keen on it being leaked so quickly as a chess move to cause trouble, his demands were too high in light of the buyout we'd have to pay to Gus, or he just had a few days to think it over and passed.  Or maybe it's his way of floating it out there that he's listening to opportunities again.  There's also the possibility that discussions continue but those involved have gone radio silent after the leak earlier. But it seems fairly straightforward to me in summary:

- We reached out to gauge interest and there was some interest in return
- Discussions were had on what it would take to get him
- It just didn't work out, or at least hasn't thus far

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Is it that hard to suss out?  People with connections to Auburn reached out to people with connections to Stoops and relayed their interest if Gus was fired.  They weren't rebuffed.  Perhaps some numbers and stipulations were floated back and forth on what it would take to get him if the job came available.  From there it seems to have fallen apart, either because Stoops wasn't keen on it being leaked so quickly as a chess move to cause trouble, his demands were too high in light of the buyout we'd have to pay to Gus, or he just had a few days to think it over and passed.  Or maybe it's his way of floating it out there that he's listening to opportunities again.  There's also the possibility that discussions continue but those involved have gone radio silent after the leak earlier. But it seems fairly straightforward to me in summary:

- We reached out to gauge interest and there was some interest in return
- Discussions were had on what it would take to get him
- It just didn't work out, or at least hasn't thus far

Pretty much the way it’s done at every school .

51 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Getting back to my love for Auburn, how does one of the top state schools in the country, do this to themselves? I honestly believe we can get absolute top tier people for these positions, why are we not getting them?

I don't think anyone saw Leath being this much of a negotiating dumbass and all around disaster when they hired him.  May be there were a few warning signs but nothing of this magnitude that could have been foreseen.

As far as how we do this to ourselves?  Simple.  There are various people among the People Who Matter ($1 to Jay Tate) at Auburn who have very differing visions of what's best for Auburn and they are largely irreconcilable.  And there are personal ambitions at play interfering with what's best for Auburn.  Add a situation that is high stakes in terms of institutional pride, gobs of money, power and so on and you have a recipe for a s***show with every coaching hire and fire.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think anyone saw Leath being this much of a negotiating dumbass and all around disaster when they hired him.  May be there were a few warning signs but nothing of this magnitude that could have been foreseen.

As far as how we do this to ourselves?  Simple.  There are various people among the People Who Matter ($1 to Jay Tate) at Auburn who have very differing visions of what's best for Auburn and they are largely irreconcilable.  And there are personal ambitions at play interfering with what's best for Auburn.  Add a situation that is high stakes in terms of institutional pride, gobs of money, power and so on and you have a recipe for a s***show with every coaching hire and fire.

To tell you the truth they should have seen it. Leath enjoys very much spending big sums of other people’s money. Makes him feel like a big shot. Heck at the time it was probably the biggest contract out there till Jimbo got his. From what I have seen of Leath he was probably proud to sign that big contract.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Perhaps you've found your raison d'nyetre.

:rimshot:

Having that second kid has already hot you primed for the best dad jokes I see! (Congratulations on that, btw, my man!)

16 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Any chance that since we whiffed on Stoops, the PTB that want Gus gone are reaching out elsewhere?

m

Maybe they want someone in place before the ax falls?

It could be the reason why there hasn’t been any “official “ word yet

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Having that second kid has already hot you primed for the best dad jokes I see! (Congratulations on that, btw, my man!)

Been preparing for this moment all my life. IT'S GO TIME.

(Thank you!)

12 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Heck wouldn’t surprise me if Gus has excepted the deal and no one will say anything official. Then sometime next spring something will come out showing Gus’s new contract when all the contracts are reported for the SEC.

If this all went down as has been stated, the new contract will probably never be signed.  

Which looks worse?   Pre-crapfest status quo or crap-fest plus a new contract that makes Leath, the guy who is supposedly most afraid of looking stupid, look unfathomably stupid?

Better to retreat, sign no contract, and say, "It never happened." 

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Any chance that since we whiffed on Stoops, the PTB that want Gus gone are reaching out elsewhere?

m

Maybe they want someone in place before the ax falls?

It could be the reason why there hasn’t been any “official “ word yet

It's possible.  And it's possible that they have a pretty good idea who leaked it before and aren't keeping that person in the loop going forward.  But you have to wonder who that would be that would excite the fanbase as much as Stoops.  

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Imagine that. The humility and wisdom to seek counsel.

Up to my ass in poopy diapers but if you send up the Loof signal, I will answer the call.

But do we need to squash the bickering? That which does not kill us makes us stronger! Iron sharpens iron! 

Of course we have to bicker....I'll hang it up before I agree with some of these clowns!

Can we change it to argue instead of bicker? Messing up my street cred

Just now, cole256 said:

Of course we have to bicker....I'll hang it up before I agree with some of these clowns!

Can we change it to argue instead of bicker? Messing up my street cred

Screw it bro, let's go straight to beef. 

Archived