Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Of course Stoops would deny having ANY conversation with Auburn when Auburn still has a head coach. No coach will say they "yes I have been in contact with Auburn even though they still have a coach. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I used to say the EXACT SAME THING about Lashlee. People on here tried to tell me, but I didn't listen. What mattered to me was Lashlee was the OC and he was paid to do the job. After Lashlee left and Chip came in, and the offense was just as predictable as when Lashlee was here, it became quite obvious. As I've said countless times, it's time to stop blaming the variables (Lashlee, Lindsey, Stidham, Sean White, JJ6) and start blaming the constant (Malzahn.)

Unless we didn't whiff on Stoops. You never know. Saban denied that he would be Bamas coach a thousand times. Tuberville said he would only leave Ole Miss in a pine box a matter of DAYS before he became Auburns coach. 

Of course Stoops would deny having ANY conversation with Auburn when Auburn still has a head coach. No coach will say they "yes I have been in contact with Auburn even though they still have a coach. 

Good point, it would by typical of how coaching hires are handled.

If Stoops does come to AU the “ he said he wasn’t interested “ story would last a couple of days and he over and done with.

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Good point, it would by typical of how coaching hires are handled.

If Stoops does come to AU the “ he said he wasn’t interested “ story would last a couple of days and he over and done with.

Right? It's not like he's leaving anyone hanging. Who cares if he lies to reporters.

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This guy's obscure tweets are infuriating. If you don't have anything to say, just don't talk. Good grief. 

Then we have the people complaining things have gone silent

4 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

And if Gus stays and Auburn performs great in the bowl game, everyone will wonder why they weren’t prepared in the regular season but now they are?, no win situation.

Gus win a bowl game? Surely you jest

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

giphy.gif

I don't have the first clue if there is or if there is not. But to just dismiss the notion because he said he had no contact with Auburn is naive. OF COURSE he is going to deny it ever happening.

44 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

giphy.gif

You're welcome.

So to summarize from this gif as related to the thread, SOMEONE is having an awesome time despite the chaos going on around.  Got it.

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's not wrong and he's not moving the story so much as giving a brutally honest accounting of it.  He's especially right about the fact that there certainly is a lot of behind the scenes power struggle drama at other schools, but somehow Auburn is the one that always makes it into public drama.

Agree 100%. Believe it or not, there are still pi$$ing contests going on between the athletic department and the football program at uat. If it’s going on there where saban is their god, you can guarantee it’s going on everywhere else, there just appears to be a lot of holes in the bag we try to put the cat into.

A close relative of mine very much involved in the inner circles at uat was the one who told me the above info.

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The fiasco is that all of this stuff is being leaked.  Sure, the story would just be "Gus Malzahn is on the hot seat for going 7-5," but the powers that be at Auburn can't keep their ******* mouths shut.  And all this skullduggery going public is making it more and more unlikely that Gus can come back.  But it is also screwing Auburn in that it will make getting an obvious upgrade to Gus that much harder.

And let's not stick our heads in the sand here.  The Stoops stuff and attempt to make Gus want to leave under onerous new oversight isn't just bull**** somebody made up.  You have to be supremely naive to think that the things being said aren't substantially and essentially true.

I'm not sure these stories were true, but the desired results sought by those doing the "leaking" are perhaps being made to come true.   The original stories don't have to be true to push this thing to it's worst possible ending.  They need merely be perceived as possibly true.  Given enough airplay, "leaked" lies carry the power of leaked truths - especially in Auburn, where we know something is happening because there's nothing happening.

The fact that Auburn fans and media are so quick to believe and react to these rumors is a large reason we're so damned dysfunctional and get the worst possible outcomes.

JABA.   

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:
12 hours ago, WarEagle10 said:

You have boosters, who want Gus out, stirring up stuff as much as they possibly can.  Why do you think all of this started right before the early signing period? IF something was really going on, it would have been kept quiet until after the dotted line had been signed.

Let me guess you think its like all the "little brothers" in here who think Bama is somehow behind all of this? 

And has been said in this thread multiple times (I'll give you a break since there are hundreds of pages in here) 

Gus, someone close to Gus, or someone who wanted to keep Gus would have been the only people to bring any of this to light. It didn't benefit anyone other than Gus' camp for the story to be leaked. 

So it was someone inside or closely related our own athletic department that leaked this. 

It looks as if you haven't really put much thought into this. Let me spell it out for you........................

This is hurting recruiting. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program. The boosters wanting Gus out are causing as much conflict as possible ensuring Gus' future lack of success. Any Auburn fan knows that our PTB hurt the program far more than they help it. That has been proven more times than can be counted.

The contract given to Gus handcuffs us. It is what it is. You can not fire Gus, with that buy-out, unless you already have a huge fish on the hook.  Auburn would also have to pay the buy-out on the entire staff.

What is the end-game? Fire Gus and hire an unproven HC at this level?  I am positive some of our people contacted Stoops. IF Stoops had said yes, we would have a new coach today. He is not interested so it would be stupid of us to fire Gus at this point. 

What is setting the program back is this garbage news coming out right now. We had a solid class coming in. That is now in doubt.

I also think if it was Stoops he'd already have been hired. We had a short window to make a move and not look slimy but here we are

giphy.gif

Bama was at a breaking point when they hired a strong leader in Saban...he got all the power people together and unified them into one vision.  It's going to be painfully expensive, but we need to hire the strongest leader we can....someone energetic with a lot of clout that can lay out a vision.

4 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

It looks as if you haven't really put much thought into this. Let me spell it out for you........................

This is hurting recruiting. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program. The boosters wanting Gus out are causing as much conflict as possible ensuring Gus' future lack of success. Any Auburn fan knows that our PTB hurt the program far more than they help it. That has been proven more times than can be counted.

The contract given to Gus handcuffs us. It is what it is. You can not fire Gus, with that buy-out, unless you already have a huge fish on the hook.  Auburn would also have to pay the buy-out on the entire staff.

What is the end-game? Fire Gus and hire an unproven HC at this level?  I am positive some of our people contacted Stoops. IF Stoops had said yes, we would have a new coach today. He is not interested so it would be stupid of us to fire Gus at this point. 

What is setting the program back is this garbage news coming out right now. We had a solid class coming in. That is now in doubt.

Prove it.

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AKA Leath and Harbert want to keep him and everyone else basically wants him gone.

Ok I have a question about how this all works.

AD should hire/fire coaches and then president ok's it.  Does the BOT have any say or do they only have the power to hire/fire the President?

The PTB and the BOT are not one and the same though there could be some overlap correct?  If a PTB isn't on the BOT his only power is his $$$ correct?

Maybe draw me a Venn Diagram?  Is Harbert on the BOT?  What about yella'wood?

16 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

What is the end-game? Fire Gus and hire an unproven HC at this level?  I am positive some of our contacted Stoops. IF Stoops has said yes, we would have a new coach today. He is not interested so it would be stupid of us to fire Gus at this point. 

No I completely agree with you in everything you said. However just because something comes out about Auburn in a negative light doesn't automatically mean the REC is behind it. There are plenty in this very thread who have suggested or outright said THAT VERY THING (that it was a ploy by Bama.) 

Also if Stoops said he was interested in the job it doesn't mean he would already be the coach. The school president is in DC. He would have to be back before anything would happen. I'm not saying Stoops has an ounce of interest. BUT just because he denied having talked to us does NOT mean he hasn't. AND just because he isn't the coach right now does NOT mean he won't be the coach tomorrow. 

Yes it is messy. Yes it hurts recruiting. Yes the timing is TERRIBLE. Like a worst case scenario. 

But it is what it is. 

That doesn't make it a grand conspiracy by Bama to undermine our recruiting. They get the benefit of JABA. THEY don't need to do ANYTHING to make us look any worse than we have made ourselves look.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Ok I have a question about how this all works.

AD should hire/fire coaches and then president ok's it.  Does the BOT have any say or do they only have the power to hire/fire the President?

The PTB and the BOT are not one and the same though there could be some overlap correct?  If a PTB isn't on the BOT his only power is his $$$ correct?

Maybe draw me a Venn Diagram?  Is Harbert on the BOT?  What about yella'wood?

Do not ask me why, but my first response to this was ...

ltq.gif

15 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I'm not sure these stories were true, but the desired results sought by those doing the "leaking" are perhaps being made to come true.   The original stories don't have to be true to push this thing to it's worst possible ending.  They need merely be perceived as possibly true.  Given enough airplay, "leaked" lies carry the power of leaked truths - especially in Auburn, where we know something is happening because there's nothing happening.

The fact that Auburn fans and media are so quick to believe and react to these rumors is a large reason we're so damned dysfunctional and get the worst possible outcomes.

JABA.   

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

If Gus coaches the bowl and loses the meltdown will be monumental.

I think that the apathy is so monumental that it won’t even move the needle. Which is even worse frankly

18 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Somebody in that room appears to be having a great time.

I'll leave you to decide....

Haha I see what you did there...

Archived