Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think @AuCivilEng1 was being sarcastic. 

I wasn't. I realize that he's likely to lose, bit I hadn't even thought about bowl season, with all this going on. Bowl season isn't as important when your school has punched their ticket to the Jones Fried Chicken and Foot Massage Tractor Trailer Bowl.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If I was Gus, I'd do just that. Then I'd try to find a job in SoCal or Florida or Hawaii and live off of my buy out, enjoy my life, and be some smaller school's Bear Bryant. He's got it good man. His kids are grown. He's rich. He's got a good enough reputation to get jobs. Life's too short for all this. Enjoy your life and get back to enjoying your job.

Yep, this job has aged him. 

There's no way a wife would want to go through this crap or watch her husband take the heat, degradation, negativity, and scorn from total strangers..... let alone the very institution he works for.  It's crazy that a man and his family would choose this path when it's become so rocky and with the dangers hiding at ever turn in the forest reaching out to retired HC's (Stoops) behind your back.

2 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

this is embarrassing  you know all of our rivals are laughing their asses off at the mess taking place here right now! next year is currently shaping up to be 2012 bad even if Gus is retained

HA!

Our main rivals are gearing up for Championship games, Playoff games, NY6 Bowl games.  This white noise going on at AU is run of the mill "Just Auburn Being Auburn" in the wake of another season of #ButGus.

59 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

by now you should know that if he coaches it, he WILL lose it

I think the whole board would go nuclear. I thought 2012 was bad, but there wasn't near as much bottled up rage then as there is now.

I can’t believe it’s been a solid week since this stuff leaked and not a peep (or useful one) from anyone. I’ve never seen such a crapfest before.  Where is Gus right now? Is he or Sexton even talking with anyone? Everyone involved in this needs to be fired. There’s my daily complaint for the day

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Nah, we're playing the long game it'll be announced at 2:30 tomorrow to steal some attention from our rivals. It's genius!

I heard Gus was holding out for more cuts..we'll see.

I have not been on the Football board this week for a reason....@120 pages; this can't be good.  Is there a synopsis of what constitutes this week's "crap fest" that I could read?  or just answer:

A - Gus is already gone

B - Gus will be gone next week

C - Gus will coach the bowl game against a nothing conference also ran .... lose it (again) .... and then be gone

D - I should go back to ignoring the football board for the foreseeable future because it will just be too painful to absorb as we watch our 2 top rivals competing for conference and national championships again while we slide further into a miasma of irrelevance.

25 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

Listing our problems?

@fredst IDK about you but I see a whole lot of 

goob.jpg

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I have not been on the Football board this week for a reason....@120 pages; this can't be good.  Is there a synopsis of what constitutes this week's "crap fest" that I could read?  or just answer:

A - Gus is already gone

B - Gus will be gone next week

C - Gus will coach the bowl game against a nothing conference also ran .... lose it (again) .... and then be gone

D - I should go back to ignoring the football board for the foreseeable future because it will just be too painful to absorb as we watch our 2 top rivals competing for conference and national championships again while we slide further into a miasma of irrelevance.

D with a dose of

E - Auburn is run by a bunch of incompetent ass-hats.

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

Bill Clark just agreed to a new deal with UAB.  He’s out. 

LOL!  You really think we couldn't pay that buyout if we absolutely wanted him?

Is this correct?
1) Auburn doesn't want Gus as a coach
2) Gus knows this but refuses to leave
3) Auburn could force him to leave but refuses to pay the full buyout 
4) Both sides are publicly acting as if all is good while all hell is taking place behind the scenes looking for a way out

7 minutes ago, CR said:

Is this correct?
1) Auburn doesn't want Gus as a coach
2) Gus knows this but refuses to leave
3) Auburn could force him to leave but refuses to pay the full buyout 
4) Both sides are publicly acting as if all is good while all hell is taking place behind the scenes looking for a way out 

1. Most of AU except a couple of key pieces
2. Yes but Gus was shockingly aloof to how the fans felt til earlier this week.
3. Same couple of pieces as in #1 & it's not coming from University money FWIW..
4. Not sure they are acting like as is good. I just don't think any party will make any statements til there is a resolution. But the longer it goes the worse it gets.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That’s not the point. He’s out because it would be his decision. 

PS, feel free to believe what you want to believe. 

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not relevant FWIW. AU would not take him right now. He has to prove himself more at the college level. And this coming from someone who loves CBC for making his alma mater in to a high school national power.

Archived