Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

7 hours ago, DAG said:

At this point it’s just pride from both sides. Neither will budge or just walk away. It is going to end up bad for all parties. Gus is making to the point where he is going to be hated at Auburn and probably never welcomed back. At least Auburn folks tolerate both chizik and tubs. Also, the power people are going to make it where they are completely distrusted. out 

"Pride cometh before the fall." Those words are sooo true and we all have to watch for it.

Don't we already distrust the power people? What leverage does that give us??

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Has anyone opined on the tweet from some media type (don't remember whom) who said its KB to either AU or Mizzou?

Haven’t seen that. I know earlier in the week 247 said KB was a top candidate for the TX St job.

7 hours ago, DivisionN said:

Leach is honest. He would never fit in. 

i would love to have leach come here for two reasons:  he is a good football coach and he is insanely intelligent....what most people don't know is that leach has a law degree.....he finished law school, passed the BAR and then decided that he wanted to be a football coach...no joke.....he blisters the press and they don't even realize it....the entertainment value would be priceless....this guy built two crappy programs into title contenders....there is a problem, actually two problems......it takes a smart player to play for him and his system is not easily learned....the QB is actually the coach on the field and the learning curve would be longer than a lot of fans would like it to be....and the second problem is that the guy could give a damn....he says whats on his mind and is brutally honest....hire this guy and football is fun again

Just now, wareagleguy said:

Haven’t seen that. I know earlier in the week 247 said KB was a top candidate for the TX St job.

Kelly Bryant sorry about that.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Well then he was an idiot to agree to the ridiculous $$$ buyout. If he had thought long and hard about it beforehand he would have envisioned a scenario like what is unfolding where he would become hated. The being hated part is gonna bother him I imagine.

Sexton drove that side of thecontract for Gus.

46 minutes ago, AURealist said:

In my opinion, everybody from Leath to Gus to everybody should cease hostilities and pretend nothing happened.   When asked later, they should plead ignorance and laugh off the 'rumors'.  It's the only way to back away from the edge without blowing everything up.  Gus gets one more season to pull something together and we don't look like a crazy mob burning down our own house.

It's obvious that our fanbase is the crazy mob and will burn down our own house. That's the said thing about this situation. I expected our PTB to botch most everything that they touch, but I have never seen a fanbase that will eat their own like our fans. 

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

It's obvious that our fanbase is the crazy mob and will burn down our own house. That's the said thing about this situation. I expected our PTB to botch most everything that they touch, but I have never seen a fanbase that will eat their own like our fans. 

Don't follow this at all. Based on what? 

Coarch he has many times recently said Gus was not getting it done

What? Corch was always talking about how good of a coach Gus was. The only time I've seen Corch disagree with Gus was the 17 straight 1st down runs last season vs. LSU.

The situation that got him in trouble was related to his mistrust of all these Internet media types (Jay Tate etc)

It started the conversation but what actually got Corch in trouble was going on and on in multiple threads saying he felt Titan & the other mods were doing a crap job. He could have maintained his opinion on the media without going after the mods.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

In my opinion, everybody from Leath to Gus to everybody should cease hostilities and pretend nothing happened.   When asked later, they should plead ignorance and laugh off the 'rumors'.  It's the only way to back away from the edge without blowing everything up.  Gus gets one more season to pull something together and we don't look like a crazy mob burning down our own house.

Likely what is going to happen IMO.

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

In actual buzz worthy news...whispers in Auburn say that GT is gauging Gus' interest. TIFWIW

It would be the best way out of this mess. Probably won’t happen.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What? Corch was always talking about how good of a coach Gus was. The only time I've seen Corch disagree with Gus was the 17 straight 1st down runs last season vs. LSU.

I

Well he said things along those lines in recent days maybe to try and gain some support. I am not up to digging up his posts though. Rather refute the Oswald lone nut theorists that's more fun lol!!

Has anyone opined on the tweet from some media type (don't remember whom) who said its KB to either AU or Mizzou?

Being discussed in his thread...

Good stuff thanks E. Hope KB is having a very good visit despite all the drama going on.

7 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty confident there's a third...at least for one more year.

😄  guess for now I'd rather have the third than the two proposed above if that's the only choices....   

Archived