Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

One week ago today an Auburn Coach quit on his team and Auburn, he is still employed by Auburn. 

I can't even put into words how this makes me feel.

What makes you think Gus quit on his team?

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sexton drove that side of thecontract for Gus.

Sexton out kicked the coverage on the buyout and Gus, being Gus, couldn’t foresee the ramifications of what he is living through today.  Live and learn, I guess.

I think he did. Stat tiger said once the score reached a certain point, the play calling was geared toward getting the game over as quickly as possible

26 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

No, only these are worthy. All others are ass. 

Gus isn't going anywhere.  As for the other two, one is hanging on by a thread at his own alma mater and the other was scuttled back to irrelevance by a team that our current coach beat this year.  As much as I hate it, there is almost no chance that somebody other than Gus being the Auburn HC is anything but a pipe dream.

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

One week ago today an Auburn Coach quit on his team and Auburn, he is still employed by Auburn. 

Gus didn't quit on his team and the team didn't quit on Gus.  Give it a rest.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This. What makes posters think Gus quit? Two weeks earlier he'd watched Georgia distance itself from AU with only a couple minutes left in the first half, and he didn't want to witness that again. I think he lost some confidence in Stidham in the TN game and he knew how elite Bama's cover guys are, so he didn't want things to blow up just before halftime when we had played them so tough, even with all the dropped balls and penalties. At that point AU had held serve with the mighty Tahd and we should have had a 21-17 lead save for a ridiculous judgment holding call that imo shouldn't have been flagged on Shivers' long run. We had found running room in the first half and the O line was playing fairly well, and he tried to build on that and attempt to ball control to keep Tua off the field. We aren't good enough this year to keep up with Bama for 60 mins (nobody is), and the D ended up getting torched. Bama is unfortunately a machine that chewed us up in the 2nd half. That wasn't Gus quitting,  just Bama exerting dominance in skill, depth, and execution. IMHO.

9 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Gus isn't going anywhere.  As for the other two, one is hanging on by a thread at his own alma mater and the other was scuttled back to irrelevance by a team that our current coach beat this year.  As much as I hate it, there is significantly less chance that either of the other two are anything but a pipe dream.

Irrelevance? A potential final top 10 ranking is not irrelevant. Maybe the snowstorm had something to do with the Leach attack failure last week I did not watch enough of the game to say. But Wazzu should still be relevant in Pac 12 going forward. Give Petersen the credit for a strong finish!

4 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

This. What makes posters think Gus quit? Two weeks earlier he'd watched Georgia distance itself from AU with only a couple minutes left in the first half, and he didn't want to witness that again. I think he lost some confidence in Stidham in the TN game and he knew how elite Bama's cover guys are, so he didn't want things to blow up just before halftime when we had played them so tough, even with all the dropped balls and penalties. At that point AU had held serve with the mighty Tahd and we should have had a 21-17 lead save for a ridiculous judgment holding call that imo shouldn't have been flagged on Shivers' long run. We had found running room in the first half and the O line was playing fairly well, and he tried to build on that and attempt to ball control to keep Tua off the field. We aren't good enough this year to keep up with Bama for 60 mins (nobody is), and the D ended up getting torched. Bama is unfortunately a machine that chewed us up in the 2nd half. That wasn't Gus quitting,  just Bama exerting dominance in skill, depth, and execution. IMHO.

Unfortunately Bammer is making everybody look bad this year (not that we needed any help). I expect it to continue later today.

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

But Wazzu should still be relevant in Pac 12 going forward. 

They're not, and what relevance has the conference had since Kelly left?  Did you see the crowd at Levi's Stdium last night...?

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Irrelevance? A potential final top 10 ranking is not irrelevant. Maybe the snowstorm had something to do with the Leath attack failure last week I did not watch enough of the game to say. But Wazzu should still be relevant in Pac 12 going forward. Give Petersen the credit for a strong finish!

Kyle Whittingham wanted to go Hulk smashing last night at the end of that game and I can't say that I blame him.

Seems to me if Gus quit on his team then he would’ve taken the hint from Leath’s hamstringing terms this week and left Auburn by now. The fact Gus is being his stubborn normal self in fighting to be the coach in 2019 because he is so dead set and so sure of himself that he can turn this Around next season is evident to me he has not quit on this team.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Explain the end of the first half 3 timeouts, 2:33 on the clock, four straight runs.  He quit trying to score at that point.

Ran the ball on almost every first down in the second half against a run stuffing defense.  All but 3 I believe.

21 of the last 25 play calls were runs.

This is not fighting to win the game, he surrendered to F'in bama

Short of walking off the field with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, he quit coaching to win and that is why I feel he failed and quit on his team.  What is the message that he is telling his players?  Telling us? 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The fact Gus is being his stubborn normal self in fighting to be the coach in 2019 because he is so dead set and so sure of himself that he can turn this Around next season is evident to me he has not quit on this team

But is clear evidence that he's got his head so far up his a** that he is divorced from reality and probably not the man to lead our football program.

4 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Kyle Whittingham wanted to go Hulk smashing last night at the end of that game and I can't say that I blame him.

That was a bad call to end the game on. But in this ole boy's opinion, Washington and Utah from what I seen last night and through the season also would only be middle of the pack teams in the SEC east or west if that. Neither team could play an SEC schedule and have a better record than Auburn. 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Explain the end of the first half 3 timeouts, 2:33 on the clock, four straight runs.  He quit trying to score at that point.

Probably doesn’t have selective memory and remembered UGA scoring before half after our offense left time in the first half. UGA was able to flip the game right before halftime. If the same thing happened, we would’ve had complaints about him not taking that result to halftime.

5 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Probably doesn’t have selective memory and remembered UGA scoring before half after our offense left time in the first half. UGA was able to flip the game right before halftime. If the same thing happened, we would’ve had complaints about him not taking that result to halftime.

I absolutely understand what you are saying and of course we would have people complain.  Shoot, every game thread there are 20 complaints any time JS had an incompletion  regardless if it was his fault or not!!   

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Seems to me if Gus quit on his team then he would’ve taken the hint from Leath’s hamstringing terms this week and left Auburn by now. The fact Gus is being his stubborn normal self in fighting to be the coach in 2019 because he is so dead set and so sure of himself that he can turn this Around next season is evident to me he has not quit on this team.

I think that Gus realizes that this is his last opportunity at a big time program, more than likely.  And by big time,  I mean one that is capable of winning a national championship. 

15 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

That's Gus.

15 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Ran the ball on almost every first down in the second half against a run stuffing defense.  All but 3 I believe.

That's Gus.

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

21 of the last 25 play calls were runs.

That's Gus & did you forget our WRs were dropping a lot of passes that game?

17 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This is not fighting to win the game, he surrendered to F'in bama

No. That's Gus just being his normal make no sense play calling self.

18 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Short of walking off the field with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, he quit coaching to win and that is why I feel he failed and quit on his team.  What is the message that he is telling his players?  Telling us? 

That he wasn't quitting & was being his normal illogical self. As far as actual actions taken nothing in your post is remotely out of the norm for Gus. He may have a lot of flaws but quitting isn't one of them. Yes the play calls are maddening but they usually are with Gus. They don't mean he quit.

56 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

How did he quit on his team?  Down 4 TDs and a field goal with half a quarter to go he started running clock?  You think he was going to make a game of it at that point, much less come back and win?  And as far as 2nd quarter management...You think going a quick 3-and-out right before half and giving the ball to a dangerous deep threat QB would have been a smart?

There's a lot to want to fire Gus about, but I don't think those 2 decisions were terrible decisions given the circumstances...not the decisions I would have made.  I just don't think you call that "giving up on Auburn".

12 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

In actual buzz worthy news...whispers in Auburn say that GT is gauging Gus' interest. TIFWIW

Did a bit of snooping on Stingtalk and the Hive last night after seeing this. Not one mention of Gus, but 2 of the most mentioned names were Bill Clark and  bama's O-Line coach. PTB I do hope that you are right though and that the interest is mutual between Tech and Gus. Would be even better if they both could reach an agreement. 

21 minutes ago, fredst said:

But is clear evidence that he's got his head so far up his a** that he is divorced from reality and probably not the man to lead our football program.

That is & has been a given.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

But it's not, Not yet at least if P5 counts. GT is gaging interest.

GT will never win a CFP championship....may not ever make the playoffs.

Archived