Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

That's where many are wrong.  The most Auburn thing to happen would be for Gus to go undefeated, win the SEC, go to Playoffs and win the NC.   Then what, another raise and extension?  

I already called it...lifetime contract.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

....still be relevant in Pac 12 going forward.

"Last season, Scott's conference went 1-8 in the college football bowl season. It marked the worst postseason performance by a Power-Five Conference in history. The Pac-12 will get shut out of the College Football Playoff for the second straight season. And there are questions about the cost of doing business, and whether Scott has the Pac-12 positioned to keep pace with its peers."

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2018/11/pac-12-larry-scott-leftout-part1.html#incart_river_index

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

What makes you think Gus quit on his team?

You missed the last 2:30 of the 1st half of the IB and the clock-killing O in the 2nd half I see.

20 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Nothing is or was going on.  The only question left to answer is, "Where will Chip coach next season?"  

not what I had heard, but we all know where you stand.

26 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

not what I had heard, but we all know where you stand.

Chip may be here through Tuesday. Early signing day, and then could be what wait is. I got no inside info, but seems partially sorta somewhat potentially hopefully wishful thinking!

This thread might as well be locked until we get something official. I imagine Gus will be here next year and chip will be gone. It is what it is.

7 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Chip may be here through Tuesday. Early signing day, and then could be what wait is. I got no inside info, but seems partially sorta somewhat potentially hopefully wishful thinking!

Except Tuesday is not early signing day.  Early signing day for football is Dec. 19.  

Just now, DAG said:

This thread might as well be locked until we get something official. I imagine Gus will be here next year and chip will be gone. It is what it is.

It’s only 135 pages. 

Just now, doug3020 said:

It’s only 135 pages. 

Yep of a revolving door lol. Nothing new under the sun. This moon guy seems to have gotten his twitter following up though so that must be nice.

But we are confidently saying at this point that we will a N.C. next year followed by an obscene contract extension for Gus followed by at least three years of 5-6 loss seasons?  JABA

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep of a revolving door lol. Nothing new under the sun. This moon guy seems to have gotten his twitter following up though so that must be nice.

I tried to meander my way through the thread a few nights back. It’s pretty funny to see all the subjects broached and discussed. It basically goes all over the place and somehow finds its way  back to some dude who wears a head set and picks his nose. 

9 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I tried to meander my way through the thread a few nights back. It’s pretty funny to see all the subjects broached and discussed. It basically goes all over the place and somehow finds its way  back to some dude who wears a head set and picks his nose. 

It's actually pretty fantastic.  There are some folks with a tremendous sense of humor, and of course the occasional "I'd like to choke that" guy.  I think the AUFamily has worked really well to make this thread the only thing (outside of Bruce and the boys) that has brought a smile from time to time this week.  I know it's kept me from losing my mind during all of this...nothingness.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

GT will never win a CFP championship....may not ever make the playoffs.

I am old enough to remember the GT co-championship with Colorado in 1990. That came out of nowhere!

Different times now with Bama ruining the game for every other teams fans.

6 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Maybe some sort of announcement will be made right before SEC Champ game starts to try and take away from the game. 🤔

i can dream to, but ain't gonna' happen

Just now, nutspanther said:

Agreed. Time to accept that Gus is back with no changes.

If so , it is what it is , but would be perfect timing to put out statement of some sorts since it’s been news. Just to poke a little bit.  Bama and UGA fans coming together chanting Auburn sucks. Haha pretty pathetic when they are about to play each other , but love the fact they can’t get Auburn out of there heads. 

P Marshall has a new 247 commentary. Anyone have access to it? Anything in it worth a crap lol?

16 hours ago, doc4aday said:

boy was I some kind of upset. If you would have told me that we would hold the cowpiles to 13 points, I would have said that we would have won by 3 TDs going away. It is funny in that Maxwell's fur colors looks likes the Saints colors! He has a Saints sweater, but you have to be care putting on an off to avoid being bitten. I usually put some peanut butter in my hand and let him eat it while my wife puts it on and off!

My prediction was 35-14 Saints!   I was close on half of that.  😰

19 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

Agreed. Time to accept that Gus is back with no changes.

While I agree this likely the case, I just can’t understand why they would let this situation fester, especially Gus. If you agree to a lower buyout and it’s done, but there’s still rumors galore that you will be gone, why would you not make an official statement saying I’m gonna be the coach next year?

41 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Maybe some sort of announcement will be made right before SEC Champ game starts to try and take away from the game. 🤔

I think you're onto something.

Right before the SECCG, Auburn is going to announce that the only current coach to beat Saban twice in the last 6 years and the coach who beat both the 2017 SEC Champion & 2017 National Champion will return for 2019.

That announcement will make both Saban & Smart quake in their boots and announce their resignations right before the SECCG because they can't take the pressure of knowing they'll have to face Gus one more time.

Hahaha-LMAO_fb3e6.gif

4 minutes ago, feindav said:

While I agree this likely the case, I just can’t understand why they would let this situation fester, especially Gus. If you agree to a lower buyout and it’s done, but there’s still rumors galore that you will be gone, why would you not make an official statement saying I’m gonna be the coach next year?

I'm now not sure anything has even happened with the contract...nothing official has been said just a bunch of unconfirmed rumors...

5 minutes ago, feindav said:

Only thing I can think is the coaches are assuring all of the recruits, both commitments and uncommitted, that the staff is returning. The rest of us can just twist in the wind.

Archived