Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Must have been upset with the way the Saints played last night.

boy was I some kind of upset. If you would have told me that we would hold the cowpiles to 13 points, I would have said that we would have won by 3 TDs going away. It is funny in that Maxwell's fur colors looks likes the Saints colors! He has a Saints sweater, but you have to be care putting on an off to avoid being bitten. I usually put some peanut butter in my hand and let him eat it while my wife puts it on and off!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

In actual buzz worthy news...whispers in Auburn say that GT is gauging Gus' interest. TIFWIW

tenor (2).gif

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

In actual buzz worthy news...whispers in Auburn say that GT is gauging Gus' interest. TIFWIW

humm, Gus in The Flats. Alright with me. 

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

boy was I some kind of upset. If you would have told me that we would hold the cowpiles to 13 points, I would have said that we would have won by 3 TDs going away. It is funny in that Maxwell's fur colors looks likes the Saints colors! He has a Saints sweater, but you have to be care putting on an off to avoid being bitten. I usually put some peanut butter in my hand and let him eat it while my wife puts it on and off!

Love it Doc!

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7244157

20 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

My Corgi Sir Maxwell bit me while playing tug-of-war with his new tug rope. He reminds me of a wolverine at times. He can bite you in a heartbeat if you aren't careful while playing with him!

He must have been reading this thread.

Here's the thing that sucks:  when I thought maybe there was interest from Stoops, getting rid of Gus excited me.  Now?  I guess it makes sense for him to move on, but I'm less than excited about the folks we'd be looking at.  I don't see Brohm leaving Purdue after the things he's said for why he turned L'ville down.  It looks like another up and comer would be in store for us.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Here's the thing that sucks:  when I thought maybe there was interest from Stoops, getting rid of Gus excited me.  Now?  I guess it makes sense for him to move on, but I'm less than excited about the folks we'd be looking at.  I don't see Brohm leaving Purdue after the things he's said for why he turned L'ville down.  It looks like another up and comer would be in store for us.

Do you think that there was interest from Stoops, but there isn’t now or do you think there never was real interest from Stoops?

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Do you think that there was interest from Stoops, but there isn’t now or do you think there never was real interest from Stoops?

I can't say for sure but I think there at least was some interest.  I don't know that there is interest now.  But I could be wrong.  Everyone may just be keeping things quiet

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I would be willing to take that chance. Gus has run his course on the Plains. But I do believe that we could wind up with a good HC even at this point. 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I hear you but I'd still like to spin the wheel to see if we can land something better. As impressive as ADAG is & the quality of talent we have overall I bet we can land a quality HC even if it's not a splash name.

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

E7053277-B3C7-460A-9E2A-710C6A02C110.gif

I would love this but not understand it from Georgia Tech’s side of things... your biggest rival is Georgia and you want the guy who hasn’t been able to score against them in an away game? Go for it but if I were them I’d despise the hire. 

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I can't say for sure but I think there at least was some interest.  I don't know that there is interest now.  But I could be wrong.  Everyone may just be keeping things quiet

If Gus is offered and takes the job at Tech, would we enforce a buyout from Tech? I’m just thinking if the cheapest option for us were to happen (Gus taking another job) then that frees up a ton of cash we would have spent on a buyout. Then we could put that in the pile that we throw at Stoops or a Stoops level coach.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I hear you but I'd still like to spin the wheel to see if we can land something better. As impressive as ADAG is & the quality of talent we have overall I bet we can land a quality HC even if it's not a splash name.

Agreed.  Gus's lack of planning for the program has me fed up.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

the guy who hasn’t been able to score against them in an away game?

SHHHH!!!! Don't help them out.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

If Gus is offered and takes the job at Tech, would we enforce a buyout from Tech? I’m just thinking if the cheapest option for us were to happen (Gus taking another job) then that frees up a ton of cash we would have spent on a buyout. Then we could put that in the pile that we throw at Stoops or a Stoops level coach.

I thought the buyout was only if Gus was fired?

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would love this but not understand it from Georgia Tech’s side of things... your biggest rival is Georgia and you want the guy who hasn’t been able to score against them in an away game? Go for it but if I were them I’d despise the hire. 

UGA doesn't play in the ACC.  Gus could likely compete for more division titles in the ACC coastal, opposite of Clemson.  That's gotta be tempting.

Just now, ellitor said:

It may be the case, I just thought that most contracts had in it that if another school hired you then they had to pay the school you’re leaving buyout money. As ridiculous as Gus’ contract is, it wouldn’t surprise me if that wasn’t in his.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

UGA doesn't play in the ACC.  Gus could likely compete for more division titles in the ACC coastal, opposite of Clemson.  That's gotta be tempting.

For a normal thinking person. Unfortunately Gus isn't normal.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

More likely Hugh Freeze to GT.  Show cause ends tonight and he's a lot cheaper than Gus

Not sure he's even an option still as a HC yet.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Coming from Paul Johnson's triple option, Georgia Tech is basically built to run Gus' offense.

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:
7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It may be the case, I just thought that most contracts had in it that if another school hired you then they had to pay the school you’re leaving buyout money. As ridiculous as Gus’ contract is, it wouldn’t surprise me if that wasn’t in his.

I would be willing to bet that Auburn would WAVE the buyout! just sayin'

Archived