Playoffs - how many bids would we have?

AUght2win

Which years would we have made the  top 4 following the last week of the regular season?

1972?

1971? 

1963?

(Not eligible for 58 and 57, right?)

1932?

1922?

1910?

1908?

I couldn't speak to much of anything before the early '70s but I think a case could be made for each season you listed. '71 would be close because Bama made Super Sully look incredibly mortal that game. I'd probably add 1988 to the list. 

Some outfit with some credibility did a computer thing or a poll thing that recognized Terry Bowden's first edition of the Auburn Tigers as National Champions following that undefeated season. Scrappy bunch. Thought Vandy had the game when they had it first and goal at the one right there at the end. I gave up and turned that game off. And the Tigers stuffed 'em!

Anyway...long way of saying I think 1993 should be on the list.

16 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Some outfit with some credibility did a computer thing or a poll thing that recognized Terry Bowden's first edition of the Auburn Tigers as National Champions following that undefeated season. Scrappy bunch. Thought Vandy had the game when they had it first and goal at the one right there at the end. I gave up and turned that game off. And the Tigers stuffed 'em!

Anyway...long way of saying I think 1993 should be on the list.

They wouldn't have been eligible for the Playoff.

Archived