Gus wins (Decison made)

ToomersStreet

3 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Thus ended one of the more tumultuous weeks in recent Auburn athletics history.

Thanks to the click bait tweets of non information.   It was only a week,  pretty much all programs review the season the same..   I am sure many if not all (maybe not the Lobos) have a review of the season and have hard and tough conversations between AD, Coaches, and all others.  Ours just seems to come with more drama whether it is accurate or not. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leath needs to be fired and Harbert pushed out. We really are in danger of becoming a long-term bad football program.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Can’t until we have a new head coach which looks to be after the 2019 season at the earliest.

So will you undercut every recruiting thread for the 2020 class?   Not personal,  but your tone changed from pro Auburn to anti Gus in many of the current recruiting threads. 

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

So should we all just do something else next fall...and check back in 2020?

sounds like a good plan.

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

Actually you can’t

I can if I'm not doing it in the recruiting forum. That's why I locked the thread in the recruiting forum that was asking for fans to keep with negative thought. No point in doing it in that forum any more for the time being.

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

All that bullsheyt about “the money is there “ was pure bullsheyt.

For the infinity-ith time the money was & is there. The people who control it decided not to use it which is there perogative & is fine.

18 minutes ago, alexava said:

Actually you can’t. You can’t keep this negativity up on public forums and expect to recruit players we need. But I also don’t think you can control yourselves either so carry on. We had a bad year. It happens. We’re not bammer. We will never get to what has been going on there the past ten years and nobody else will either. It is what it is. We over paid a coach to the point of retardation. If we fire him, we ain’t going to be able to afford an upgrade. All that bullsheyt about “the money is there “ was pure bullsheyt. We aren’t terrible. We are Auburn. We have a few mediocre seasons, a few good seasons, then mix in a great season with a bad season in a cycle. Look through history. 

If you think that what the rest of your post I haven't addressed yet bothers me you have not read a single solitary thing I have said. I can handle losing & disappointment as long as the HC is continually trying to evolve & get better. I can't stand a HC who continues to do the same crap over & over & over again expecting something to be different. It's pathetic to be honest.

25 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Can someone call in a VooDoo lady named Phyllis? 

I know who she is but what are you saying?

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could you be specific....which staff members are being hindered from doing their jobs?

Been posted countless times by numerous connected people & every AU beat writer. The entire O staff.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but seems some coaches could be hiding behind Gus and using him for an excuse

That would get snuffed out easily if that were the case & I don't even think Gus would lEt that go on without firing the coach.

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

for not developing JS for example which is Chip's job....though if someone came up with some serious video footage of Gus working out with JS I might change my mind.   All the vids I've seem of JS in practice involve Chip and some younger coaches working with him on technique.   Just wondering?

That doesn't mean anything. Yes the O assistants are the ones watching their positions but they are only coaching what Gus allows them to. They are on strict micromanagement orders.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The football complex is a pipe dream now. Same with JHS. 

Well they shouldn't be which tells you something about the SOP of the PTB. They should be making those decisions based solely on what is best for Auburn football long term and NOT on the status of a current AU coach at any given point in time. That is precisely the kind of thinking that brought us the distinction of being the only SECW school with no major stadium improvement in the last 30 years. 

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I can if I'm not doing it in the recruiting forum. That's why I locked the thread in the recruiting forum that was asking for fans to keep with negative thought. No point in doing it in that forum any more for the time being.

For the infinity-ith time the money was & is there. The people who control it decided not to use it which is there perogative & is fine.

If you think that what the rest of your post I haven't addressed yet bothers me you have not read a single solitary thing I have said. I can handle losing & disappointment as long as the HC is continually trying to evolve & get better. I can't stand a HC who continues to do the same crap over & over & over again expecting something to be different. It's pathetic to be honest.

Then that means it's NOT there. 

17 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

So will you undercut every recruiting thread for the 2020 class?   Not personal,  but your tone changed from pro Auburn to anti Gus in many of the current recruiting threads. 

No. See my other reply to you.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

No it doesn't. Money can be present/there without being chosen to be used by the ones who own the money.

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

I completely disagree. I have the money available for a new car but, I choose not to use it. The money exists, just unused.

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

Only see this reply.  Sorry if I missed.  

You quoted it in your earlier reply. It's covered in my first mini paragraph.

Time to go to bed and dream of what might have been and could be!

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

So is he on the hot seat next year? Or would seven wins buy him an eighth year?

He could take a literal poop on the field and keep his job. Already been figuratively doing it.

Just now, WFE12 said:

He could take a literal poop on the field and keep his job. Already been figuratively doing it.

Not next year. Needs at least 9 wins to have a chance to come back for 2020.

9 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@ellitor, does locking a thread on the recruiting forum prevent recruits from reading threads in this forum? Just wondering, I don't really know the answer.

No. Just found out I could hide a thread in there & hid that one. @3rdgeneration

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not next year. Needs at least 9 wins to have a chance to come back for 2020.

Hey Ellitor....do you know if the freeze on hiring and firing is still on the table or has this been removed? You seem to be on top of things very well and it is appreciated!

Everybody knows that this was purely a financial decision. Nobody with a lick of common sense or a connection to reality can still believe that Gus is the right man to lead AU football. But, he’ll apparently be doing that for at least another year so I guess we better get used to it and deal with it, each in our own way. I for one just can’t help believing that this is a HUGE setback for the program on several levels: on the field product, recruiting, continued delay in needed facilities upgrades. Ultimately I think this will prove more costly than just biting the bullet and paying the buyout. But, I will say, I think Gus has zero margin for error and really can’t envision a scenario where he’s retained after next year, given my expectations for the season. JMO.

Archived