Rich Rod to be new Ole Miss OC.

GwillMac6

This should be interesting ...got fired for not wining enough games but seems he had a pretty good offense during his days at WVa.   And of course Michigan did not like his spread offense...went against their tradition 😀  which is a joke as it turned out....and they ran him off before he even figured out who Ann Arbor was. .  

So maybe he's another guy who should be a professional coordinator.   Could be a problem for the SEC  :dunno:

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

This should be interesting ...got fired for not wining enough games....

You may want to fact check on that.  He was fired for an extra-marital affair and sexual harrasment allegations....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-football-coach-rich-rodriguez-fired-amid-sexual-harassment-claim-arizona-wildcats-football/

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You may want to fact check on that.

It was more than that but his transgressions only became an issue when he did not win enough games.  But he will fit in well at ole miss...:)

Arizona has fired Rich Rodriguez in part after sexual harassment allegations against him that the school says could not be substantiated."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729220-rich-rodriguez-fired-as-arizona-hc-amid-sexual-harassment-allegations

What could be substantiated was his W-L record which was not acceptable. 

7 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You may want to fact check on that.  He was fired for an extra-marital affair and sexual harrasment allegations....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-football-coach-rich-rodriguez-fired-amid-sexual-harassment-claim-arizona-wildcats-football/

The harassment claims remain unsubstantiated because the accuser wouldn't cooperate with the investigation and refused to show any proof of her claims.  

The affair must not be a fireable offense because he's getting his full buyout. 

36 minutes ago, AURealist said:

The harassment claims remain unsubstantiated because the accuser wouldn't cooperate with the investigation and refused to show any proof of her claims.  

The affair must not be a fireable offense because he's getting his full buyout. 

Comments from out west....school looking for a chance/ excuse to fire him....and did so.  Still he might be a good OC for ole miss..

Just now, AU64 said:

Comments from out west....school looking for a chance/ excuse to fire him....and did so.  Still he might be a good OC for ole miss..

Yep.  I think he'll be about as good as they could hope for if he can keep his personal life straight. 

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

This should be interesting ...got fired for not wining enough games but seems he had a pretty good offense during his days at WVa.   And of course Michigan did not like his spread offense...went against their tradition 😀  which is a joke as it turned out....and they ran him off before he even figured out who Ann Arbor was. .  

So maybe he's another guy who should be a professional coordinator.   Could be a problem for the SEC  :dunno:

That might be true if he manages to land the Ole Miss equivalent of Pat White or Nick Marshall, otherwise he is basically bringing what the SEC has already seen plenty of with Gus.

15 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

That might be true if he manages to land the Ole Miss equivalent of Pat White or Nick Marshall, otherwise he is basically bringing what the SEC has already seen plenty of with Gus.

Always helps.....but he will have a pretty good QB coming back....and otherwise, nobody in the SEC has an unusual or creative offense....you can write off Gus but I've watched em all more than once this year and no matter who the coach is....  It's mostly about the QB and a decent defense ….JMO.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Always helps.....but he will have a pretty good QB coming back....and otherwise, nobody in the SEC has an unusual or creative offense....you can write off Gus but I've watched em all more than once this year and no matter who the coach is....  It's mostly about the QB and a decent defense ….JMO.

I was not expressing an opinion on Gus' offense, or writing him off.  My point was that the rest of the SEC has seen plenty of the same thing Rich Rodriguez does, from Gus doing it for several years here at Auburn.  He just walked into the most defense-centric conference in college football, at a program where he will not be able to recruit at the level of the top teams.  I think Ole Miss would have fared better by trying to poach someone out of the Big 12's Air Raid coaching trees.

56 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I was not expressing an opinion on Gus' offense, or writing him off.  My point was that the rest of the SEC has seen plenty of the same thing Rich Rodriguez does, from Gus doing it for several years here at Auburn.  He just walked into the most defense-centric conference in college football, at a program where he will not be able to recruit at the level of the top teams.  I think Ole Miss would have fared better by trying to poach someone out of the Big 12's Air Raid coaching trees.

Kingsbury is available now  ...but  I know what you mean.....though seems that the better SEC defenses are OK with about any offense they see.  Gotta have the talent to back up whatever you decide to run offensively. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

What pretty good QB will they have coming back? Ta'amu was a Senior.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Matt Corral 4* from California. No. 4 Pro Style 2018 247 Sports

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Matt-Corral-at-Long-Beach-Poly-120268/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Only played in 4 games in 2018.

35 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Matt Corral 4* from California. No. 4 Pro Style 2018 247 Sports

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Matt-Corral-at-Long-Beach-Poly-120268/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Only played in 4 games in 2018.

Terrible fit for a Rich Rod Offense. He was a good fit for longo's scheme. What do you think?

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Terrible fit for a Rich Rod Offense. He was a good fit for longo's scheme. What do you think?

I agree. I have wondered if Rich Rod taking this job could get Tate to reconsider and become a Grad Transfer. I  realize it is Ole Miss, but Tate was most effective under Rich Rod. This is dependent of Tate graduating in the Spring.

3 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

I agree. I have wondered if Rich Rod taking this job could get Tate to reconsider and become a Grad Transfer. I  realize it is Ole Miss, but Tate was most effective under Rich Rod. This is dependent of Tate graduating in the Spring.

well said. Very strong points. I totally agree.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

My bad...had looked at the roster and thought he was shown as a junior......so guess he starts from scratch...

Archived