Men vs. Ole Miss game thread

WarTiger

Get mad, I don't care but we won't win too many games with Brown being the lead shot taker and him shooting that much. Just being honest. 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cole256 said:

Get mad, I don't care but we won't win too many games with Brown being the lead shot taker and him shooting that much. Just being honest. 

19 three point shots is absolutely crazy. 

Embarrassing way to start the SEC schedule. Yes, the chemistry is not there yet.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m a huge fan of pearl, not saying that. Just tired of seeing auburn teams underperform, especially returning all the guys that we have. We look so lost at times

The "chemistry" and lack of consistency in playing "their" game is a sad statement about the team's mindset and preparedness. Right now they seem to think they just have to showup and it's going to be a win. They are, so far, unable to play with a target on their back. 3 losses, this one being worse in my mind than the the other 2, is not a good sign for the team. Not proud of the effort and I hope they feel that way too.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

The "chemistry" and lack of consistency in playing "their" game is a sad statement about the team's mindset and preparedness. Right now they seem to think they just have to showup and it's going to be a win. They are, so far, unable to play with a target on their back. 3 losses, this one being worse in my mind than the the other 2, is not a good sign for the team. Not proud of the effort and I hope they feel that way too.

Said any auburn team ever

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

19 three point shots is absolutely crazy. 

You are right. It has to be a team win and right now, they are playing as bad as they were at the end of last season. No Team effort!!

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We simply don't do the little things as well this year. The extra pass was non-existent tonight. FT shooting went into the tank this year. That helped us immensely last season. It made our leads grow and helped us claw back into games without using clock. We just don't rebound well enough. We used to dominate the glass. We aren't as tough and gritty. Us doing the little things allowed us to take those less than ideal looks last year.

There are just certain nights where Harper will just be a non factor because of his size that is just reality, but that's nothing new. He will have better floor games moving forward. But on these nights we need Jvon to step up or Chuma to freaking assert himself or Samir to be driving and creating and making them guard someone other than Jared off the bounce. 

I've been picked on as being negative on BP when I question his style of play....undisciplined and loose...and told to "get used to it".    Well, I still have question about it after watching tonight.     To win playing that style, you have to have several guys dialed in from 3 and if that's not the case somebody has to fight for the rebounds.  Tonight we just had a lot of "one and done" trips down the floor.    OM is a solid team but  I'd be surprised if they are a top 25 team at year end....they will win at home and maybe lose on the road like other SEC teams....and before this game, they looked like an opportunity for a road win for AU.    This is definitely one that got away....not that we ever had a real chance to win it...but it was a game against a less talented team that we needed to win. IMO.

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

You are right. It has to be a team win and right now, they are playing as bad as they were at the end of last season. No Team effort!!

I was bored and wanted to check something since people love to compare our players with Curry. In his entire NBA career, Steph Curry has attempted 19 or more 3 pointers ONCE. No one on this team is Steph Curry, no one should be shooting that many 3's. You're not playing as a team, you're playing for yourself. 

So who all besides muhhhh did not know that Ole Miss was 11-2 coming in to this game?! REALLY??????? Where did that come from? I thought they would be dead and buried this year and devoid of talent. LIKE WTF MAN?! Did they just play a really easy non conference schedule?

Ole miss defense pretty much extended the perimeter on our guards in backcourt, then solidified the lane when we tried to go there. We started so far away from the basket and when we dumped it in, the ball would get stripped or just straight butter fingers. So our solution, get to the timeline and jack a three. I will say Ole miss really scouted our pick and oop plays. I think they contested every single one,  even blocked one,  and we missed it every time. 

That team was well coached.  At one point it felt like if we would just take the lead, we would be on our way.  Had the same feeling against NCState, but we collapsed at the end.  Could never finish.  We get close and get impatient wanting it to hurry and be tied or have lead.  Shoot a bad three or a turnover, and down by 10 again.  If Chuma does not start taking over games we will have a disappointing season.  We go as far as he takes us IMO. 

At least that's what I saw while dealing with tech support from my cable company the entire game.  Lol. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

So who all besides muhhhh did not know that Ole Miss was 11-2 coming in to this game?! REALLY??????? Where did that come from? I thought they would be dead and buried this year and devoid of talent. LIKE WTF MAN?! Did they just play a really easy non conference schedule?

It helps when you have guys on your team so long that they  make hunter renfrow look like a freshman

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I got your back, Bromie! I was shocked to see that record as well.  I knew they had a couple of nice wins but didn't know they matched up that well. 

That was the laziest performance I have seen in the paint in a very long time.  Just standing around, making no effort.  I even saw when Harper had the ball he had to yell at Okeke to run up the court.  Deserve the loss unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I got your back, Bromie! I was shocked to see that record as well.  I knew they had a couple of nice wins but didn't know they matched up that well. 

I AM SHOOK!!!!! I FEEL BAMBOOZLED!!!! I know Kermit did a great job at MTSU but got dang!!! I thought this would be a huge rebuilding project!!! I mean I did not expect to blow them out but I thought we would win by 7-12 points. I got punched in the mouth in this one for sure. I was not ready for this at all. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh to say I did not see this coming would be a understatement. I know we played bad I just am more shocked they played so good.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yeah, my buddy who I went to the game with tonight told me that last week and I became a bit worried. Then immediately concerned when they took care of Vandy in Nashville. 

But they did play a pretty easy non con with losses to Butler and Cincinnati. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I AM SHOOK!!!!! I FEEL BAMBOOZLED!!!! I know Kermit did a great job at MTSU but got dang!!! I thought this would be a huge rebuilding project!!! I mean I did not expect to blow them out but I thought we would win by 7-12 points. I got punched in the mouth in this one for sure. I was not ready for this at all. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh to say I did not see this coming would be a understatement. I know we played bad I just am more shocked they played so good.

They didn't lose their composure on the defensive end.  That's what was so impressive, especially meeting us at the rim on the oop plays. 

Didn’t watch live and just skimmed through it. Glad for that. What I saw was not good. That’s not what I expect from a Pearl based team. Road games have been really rough so far. So far to go but right now, AU might be a bubble team. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Didn’t watch live and just skimmed through it. Glad for that. What I saw was not good. That’s not what I expect from a Pearl based team. Road games have been really rough so far. So far to go but right now, AU might be a bubble team. 

got to recover their manhood....ole miss took it away tonight.....lineup changes have to happen before saturday....BB shooting 19 3's is just outrageous.....meball may be the downfall of this bunch

37 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I've been picked on as being negative on BP when I question his style of play....undisciplined and loose...and told to "get used to it".    Well, I still have question about it after watching tonight.     To win playing that style, you have to have several guys dialed in from 3 and if that's not the case somebody has to fight for the rebounds.  Tonight we just had a lot of "one and done" trips down the floor.    OM is a solid team but  I'd be surprised if they are a top 25 team at year end....they will win at home and maybe lose on the road like other SEC teams....and before this game, they looked like an opportunity for a road win for AU.    This is definitely one that got away....not that we ever had a real chance to win it...but it was a game against a less talented team that we needed to win. IMO.

If you've been picked on then I've been shamelessly bullied and I've been on top of this stuff. But it is what it is. We just have to get better. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. People are learning how important all the guys were last year and it's not as easy as this guy scored this and is easily replaced. Being a number 1 is much different than being a number 2

Archived