Men vs. Ole Miss game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole Miss much much much much better than anybody thought. Not saying they're gonna win the league, but they're gonna win a bunch more. Something is off with this team's chemistry compared to last year. Oh well, still a lot of bawl left. 

Solid performance by Ole Miss. 

They have played well and out played us. Answered every run we made. 

This Auburn team has to realize they have a target on their back. They need to play with a chip on their shoulder. 

1 minute ago, theweegler said:

Solid performance by Ole Miss. 

They have played well and out played us. Answered every run we made. 

This Auburn team has to realize they have a target on their back. They need to play with a chip on their shoulder. 

The question is, why is the “#11 team” constantly being outplayed, especially on the road

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

And once again, an auburn team ranked high can’t handle pressure, especially away from home. Why?

This isn’t the football program. Basketball has been a dumpster fire until Pearl got this thing turned around. We haven’t known pressure until now since the days of Porter. 

An eleven point game on the road....If you only saw the score tomorrow you would probably just consider it a typical SEC road loss.....JMO but some folks are over reacting to the magnitude of the loss...

Just now, autigeremt said:

This isn’t the football program. Basketball has been a dumpster fire until Pearl got this thing turned around. We haven’t known pressure until now since the days of Porter. 

I’m a huge fan of pearl, not saying that. Just tired of seeing auburn teams underperform, especially returning all the guys that we have. We look so lost at times

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I’m a huge fan of pearl, not saying that. Just tired of seeing auburn teams underperform, especially returning all the guys that we have. We look so lost at times

First game almost two weeks. It happens 

This team beat itself tonight.  Sloppy passing, no inside game, Harper and Brown constantly taking bad 3s.  This team doesn’t have the chemistry last year had.  I’m sure they’ll get better as the season goes.  Too much young talent on this team not to improve.

Bruce is gonna have to really sit these kids down and change both his system and some of their tendencies. I know that sounds borderline impossible, but we can't play an entire season out with some of these horrid shots thrown up when the team is cold from outside

And he HAS to run the offense through the post more. HAS TO..HAS TO!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

Just now, autigeremt said:

First game almost two weeks. It happens 

The thing is, we looked similar against nc state and uab, that’s what is bothersome

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

so far, we have made 8 2 point baskets....EIGHT!!!!....that showed that we don't work the basketball inside for high % shots.....dumb to just jack up 3's and expect to win

Didn't realize it was THAT bad. If the 3 isn't dropping (which it wasn't the last 5 minutes of the game) you have got to get the ball into the post. Chuma and Wiley have to be fed.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The question is, why is the “#11 team” constantly being outplayed, especially on the road

Yeah, that’s the question. Could be several things. 

I think attitudes have a lot to do with it. Too much me ball at times, but IDK. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

The thing is, we looked similar against nc state and uab, that’s what is bothersome

this team has to get tougher, and learn to play more in the paint....they moved and shared the ball early in the 2nd half and caught up, but went right back to palying heroball and then shifted from that into dumbassball....really concerned about this bunch and the NIT is not out of the realm of possibilities unless things start to improve in a hurry

1 hour ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Yeah, he's recoiling from contact like a pinball.

I caught him late in the game holding his wrist. I’m curious if he sustained an slight injury. He didn’t seem to be playing like his normal self at all tonight. 

We simply don't do the little things as well this year. The extra pass was non-existent tonight. FT shooting went into the tank this year. That helped us immensely last season. It made our leads grow and helped us claw back into games without using clock. We just don't rebound well enough. We used to dominate the glass. We aren't as tough and gritty. Us doing the little things allowed us to take those less than ideal looks last year.

There are just certain nights where Harper will just be a non factor because of his size that is just reality, but that's nothing new. He will have better floor games moving forward. But on these nights we need Jvon to step up or Chuma to freaking assert himself or Samir to be driving and creating and making them guard someone other than Jared off the bounce. 

Archived