2019 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

On 5/9/2019 at 4:55 PM, aujeff11 said:

Take consideration this is from SDS. If true, Mullen screwed up big time. 

Notice the last three words. Easy transfer waiver. 

And of course he transfers to Oregon. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/23/2019 at 12:04 AM, Mikey said:

My favorite Tom Banks story: We're playing Kentucky in basketball at BEMC. It's a close game. A bunch of Kentucky students are there sitting in the AU student section. Me, I'm three rows behind the Kentucky people, and Tom Banks is just two rows behind them. There's a call the Kentucky guys don't like and they start throwing trash onto the playing floor. The Ref, not understanding the deal, warns Auburn that the next thing thrown on the floor will be a technical foul against the Tigers!

Banks walks down two rows to where those Kentucky people are and says: The next sum-bit** that throws something on that floor is gonna' get thrown down there after it. Then he sat on the concrete step, right at the end of their row. That ended them throwing cups onto the floor! :)

Tom Banks senior was the football coach at John Carroll high school when it was on Highland Avenue in Bham many many years ago. He was mean as hell and and his son was just like him so nothing I read on here will surprise me 😁.

WDE

5 hours ago, Slammer1 said:

Tom Banks senior was the football coach at John Carroll high school when it was on Highland Avenue in Bham many many years ago. He was mean as hell and and his son was just like him so nothing I read on here will surprise me 😁.

WDE

Yep, I played for him as a freshman at John Carroll in 1977 (his last year as the head coach there), with another son of his, Ed.  Heard a lot of good stories and about Tom the son and Conrad Dobler.

MWillis transferring out might open the door for a 2nd qb in this class

12 hours ago, yesmartap said:

Yep, I played for him as a freshman at John Carroll in 1977 (his last year as the head coach there), with another son of his, Ed.  Heard a lot of good stories and about Tom the son and Conrad Dobler.

They are true...............trust me

Does anyone else have issue with the transfer portal site on 247? It crashes chrome on me every single time i try to look at the players in the portal. 

Any other browser suggestions for mobile?

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Does anyone else have issue with the transfer portal site on 247? It crashes chrome on me every single time i try to look at the players in the portal. 

Any other browser suggestions for mobile?

I use Opera. I have no issues. Prefer it over Chrome and Firefox.

YMMV

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

McCoy will likely have to sit a year because of the transferring. In Steele’ssituation, since he never enrolled I don’t think he has to sit out a year.

• 1 month later...

For the 2nd time this offseason, Kelvin Joseph is in the transfer portal. We finished in the top 2 or 3 in his recruitment, with some thinking that we had a real shot for a moment. For whatever reason, these major AU targets never seem to give Auburn a second look.

We REALLY need to land this guy the 2nd time around. We have no depth behind Smoke & Sherwood next year. Auburn needs to step up their transfer game! 

14 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

For the 2nd time this offseason, Kelvin Joseph is in the transfer portal. We finished in the top 2 or 3 in his recruitment, with some thinking that we had a real shot for a moment. For whatever reason, these major AU targets never seem to give Auburn a second look.

We REALLY need to land this guy the 2nd time around. We have no depth behind Smoke & Sherwood next year. Auburn needs to step up their transfer game! 

A couple things. 1. He's a CB not a Safety. 2. I hope & expect our staff to do their due diligence like they normally do on potential players. LSU suspended KJ for their bowl game for undisclosed reasons. That's an eye opener at least. Getting talent is great but not just for the sake of getting talent. Character needs to be there too.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A couple things. 1. He's a CB not a Safety. 2. I hope & expect our staff to due their due diligence like they normally do on potential players. LSU suspended KJ for their bowl game for undisclosed reasons. That's an eye opener at least. Getting talent is great but not just for the sake of getting talent. Character needs to be there too.

1. We need corners too, but I think he has the talent to play both. I’ve seen him listed as both when referring to the LSU recruiting class that he was apart of.

2. I completely agree, and I hope we do so. But, I also believe in 2nd chances. I’m hopeful that we can provide this kid a 2nd Chance and a positive environment like we did with Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, and Tray Matthews.

7 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

1. We need corners too, but I think he has the talent to play both. I’ve seen him listed as both when referring to the LSU recruiting class that he was apart of.

Regardless of where he was listed as a recruit he’s only played corner so far at LSU.  And yes we do need corners down the line as well.  I’m all for him if his character checks out with the staff.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

LETS. GO. !!!

tr.gif

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

And then read my post. lol

Nope. To late for that. We are already excited about him being a future Auburn Tiger!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! I am throwing caution to the wind baaaay baaaaaay!!!!!! hahaha.

53 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Why wouldn't we go after him?

Because “I” am putting all my eggs in this basket.... not smart but dang if he does not start day one imo. 

9 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Why wouldn't we go after him?

Don’t know that we wouldn’t. Just said no reported interest as of yet.

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Because “I” am putting all my eggs in this basket.... not smart but dang if he does not start day one imo. 

One likely wouldn’t affect the other. More than likely would play different positions.

33 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

E - do we have the #’s to take Kyler McMichael & Kelvin Joseph? Would they count toward the 2020 class?

1. In theory yes but not sure the staff will with the minimum take plans for the next enrolled class leaving no more than 3 spots open. 2. No. They would count to the 2019 class if we took them maxing out the enrolled class at 25. It would also mean only 1 open spot in the next class above the minimum the staff is planning to take in the next class.

Archived