Men vs. Ole Miss game thread

WarTiger

If Harper pulls his head out of his butt, then he has Okeke at the top of the key for an open 3 to tie the game. Instead he decides to call his own number after the 2nd defender pulled back to cover Okeke. With all the praise that Harper gets, he has killed us with turnovers and bad decisions the past two games. 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHAHAHAH that is the dumbest thing anyone has said tonight. McCormick has been awful in sec play. Have you been watching him at ALL this season? If you want to worsen our NCAA Tourney seed playing him more would do it. 

AU isn’t making the tournament. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHAHAHAH that is the dumbest thing anyone has said tonight. McCormick has been awful in sec play. Have you been watching him at ALL this season? If you want to worsen our NCAA Tourney seed playing him more would do it. 

I agree with your post. On the tourney part. We make it to the 2nd game at best. This team doesn’t deserve a tourney slot, much less a high NIT seed. This team needs to grow up and show me some stuff.

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Brown and Harper a combined 3-20. Harper with 7 turnovers.

not what we expect or usually see at home...

Ain't blaming this on CBP. This is all on the team -- meaning not an  individual player, but the team as a whole. Okeke was the only one who stepped up, but one player does not a team make.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Anybody going to listen yet? Our back court aren't unbelievably good. They don't suck but we're not as good as we think.....saying it since the first game of the season

You are absolutely right. Backcourt is average at best. Team plays zero defense, no inside presence. Samir couldn't play at Samford. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

where in the WORLD are people getting this notion we are not making the tourney? Where is this coming from? We were a 7 seed on Lunardis latest bracketology. That is not close to being out of the field. 

Dude we’re not a good team and just got swept by ole miss. Can’t win on the road and can’t beat teams we should be at home. We have two more guaranteed losses in UT and UK. 

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

Ain't blaming this on CBP. This is all on the team -- meaning not an  individual player, but the team as a whole. Okeke was the only one who stepped up, but one player does not a team make.

Harper and brown came into this year thinking that they would cakewalk everyone but duke and it shows 

Ole Miss just owns us. 12 of the last 14 vs us. That is just embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Anybody going to listen yet? Our back court aren't unbelievably good. They don't suck but we're not as good as we think.....saying it since the first game of the season

You are right about that, but you also said the team would get better by tournament time. They are getting worse by the half. 

Just now, The Plainsman said:

#PearlExposed.   He is so out coached it is silly.  

I hate to have to agree with this, but I do. By now, at least for this year's team and its mix of players and personalities/abilities, Bruce has done a flat out bad job going back to the UAB. I kinda think it has something to do with preaching Maui Maui Maui, and then having a decent showing there that did not translate to the season's performance from the UAB game forward. It's nice when the 3s are falling, but with this Ole Miss game plan (that I can't believe actually worked for the full 40 minutes), Kermit absolutely schooled Bruce. 

We are not gonna get anybody better than Bruce for what Auburn is in men's hoops right now, but there are many coaches doing much better jobs than CBP at the moment. And I'm not talking about quality of players/rosters. He just has stretches of poor coaching.

I absolutely hate that we ended this game with two timeouts in our pocket. We had two possessions under a minute down 3 where we could have set something up. Instead, we relied on two guys who were ice cold tonight to go isolation and take awful shots. 

This team is beyond frustrating. 

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Dude we’re not a good team and just got swept by ole miss. Can’t win on the road and can’t beat teams we should be at home. We have two more guaranteed losses in UT and UK. 

Ok? and? There are at large teams that make it as high seeds. That is where we are headed for DUDE. 

TBH, if Wiley is even at 75% I would have put him in their instead of Mac at the end of the game to try and get offensive rebounds/put-backs. Also, I still have not seen anything from Doughty to believe that he's a starting guard in SEC. 

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

I hate to have to agree with this, but I do. By now, at least for this year's team and its mix of players and personalities/abilities, Bruce has done a flat out bad job going back to the UAB. I kinda think it has something to do with preaching Maui Maui Maui, and then having a decent showing there that did not translate to the season's performance from the UAB game forward. It's nice when the 3s are falling, but with this Ole Miss game plan (that I can't believe actually worked for the full 40 minutes), Kermit absolutely schooled Bruce. 

We are not gonna get anybody better than Bruce for what Auburn is in men's hoops right now, but there are many coaches doing much better jobs than CBP at the moment. And I'm not talking about quality of players/rosters. He just has stretches of poor coaching.

I think the duke game ruined them, honestly. 

Btw this is in pearl too. You’d think a coach would practice what the team struggles against. We still struggle against the 3 on defense, still can’t shoot free throws well, and can’t finish at the rim at all. And now we’re starting to struggle with turnovers. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

You are right about that, but you also said the team would get better by tournament time. They are getting worse by the half. 

They not getting worse, I said we're going to lose random games because we shoot so many jump shots....this was a game you need to keep attacking the rim and hit free throws

Samir is the single biggest weakness of this team. We have to at least TRY and make a change in the starting 5. 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

TBH, if Wiley is even at 75% I would have put him in their instead of Mac at the end of the game to try and get offensive rebounds/put-backs. Also, I still have not seen anything from Doughty to believe that he's a starting guard in SEC. 

He is not. He all fooled us in the washington game. Every other game vs good competition he has not been good. 

1 minute ago, AURex said:

CBP did a bad job of coaching tonight. His play calling and time out strategy is just not good. 

Coaching is the difference in close games. How many close games have we won this year? 

Archived