Men vs. Ole Miss game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They not getting worse, I said we're going to lose random games because we shoot so many jump shots....this was a game you need to keep attacking the rim and hit free throws

They tried that, but they don’t have any rim attackers so it didn’t result in FTs or good shots. It was an awful game and like man you have said, Bruce was as bad as the team was tonight. Just a down right pathetic night for AU. 

I also said this would happen....people start going crazy saying team sucks because they had unreal expectations and now are angry and disappointed.....team doesn't suck they're undersized, Harper playing stupid minutes hitting the wall......

Bruce has done a lousy job all year, not just tonight. Wrong players on the floor, no offensive sets,  defense couldn't stop an intramural team. Be lucky to go .500 the rest of the way. Extremely disappointing 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

where in the WORLD are people getting this notion we are not making the tourney? Where is this coming from? We were a 7 seed on Lunardis latest bracketology. That is not close to being out of the field. 

Because they, on average, look terrible on the road and alright at home. They shouldn’t be in the tourney, it’d be a bigger black eye for them to lose by 30+ again than not making it 

Just now, cole256 said:

I also said this would happen....people start going crazy saying team sucks because they had unreal expectations and now are angry and disappointed.....team doesn't suck they're undersized, Harper playing stupid minutes hitting the wall......

I do miss my guy Davion. I will be following how he does at Baylor next season. 

Just now, cole256 said:

But being undersized and poor guard play doesn’t set up well for tourney play. Past the 2nd tourney game anyway 

Just now, jared52 said:

They tried that, but they don’t have any rim attackers so it didn’t result in FTs or good shots. It was an awful game and like man you have said, Bruce was as bad as the team was tonight. Just a down right pathetic night for AU. 

It was a bad night. We have to fix the defense and we have to do that quick

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Thank you for telling us in advance Cole...read the room monsieur 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ok? and? There are at large teams that make it as high seeds. That is where we are headed for DUDE. 

Keep the faith, my man(seriously). I have seen this script too many times at AU. The team has already missed the mark of expectations by a VERY wide margin and there isn’t much sign that things will turn around. I’m not seeing AU getting 5 more wins this year which is likely what’s needed to make it into the dance. But they should get a nice NIT seed.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Because they, on average, look terrible on the road and alright at home. They shouldn’t be in the tourney, it’d be a bigger black eye for them to lose by 30+ again than not making it 

we have lost 2 home games all season. We played our worst game of the year and still had a chance to win. If brown and harper just 1 of them were average we win. They hit a bunch of shots that were outrageous they had no business making. That is basketball. We did not have it tonight. That bush league game plan by kermit worked even though it was a terrible one and should not of. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

But being undersized and poor guard play doesn’t set up well for tourney play. Past the 2nd tourney game anyway 

Well I said that too, we're not built or playing the way to advance in tournament ball. Not this bad game but even when we're playing well. The style isn't good in the tournament. I agree with you

Welcome to the bubble. It’s actually pretty soft this year, but another home loss to not Tennessee or a road loss to not UK and we’ll be on the wrong side of it. Don’t think we’ll play that poorly the rest of the season, but man what a frustrating night.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It was a bad night. We have to fix the defense and we have to do that quick

Yeah, you’ve listed a few things throughout this season that needed fixing and it’s not happening. But yeah, Harper has smashed into the wall hard. Another reason McCormick needs to play. Yeah, he’s not great either, but Harper can’t play through what’s ailing him. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

we have lost 2 home games all season. We played our worst game of the year and still had a chance to win. If brown and harper just 1 of them were average we win. They hit a bunch of shots that were outrageous they had no business making. That is basketball. We did not have it tonight. That bush league game plan by kermit worked even though it was a terrible one and should not of. 

Perfectly said, except last word.

How the heck did bama beat ole miss by 20 at home? We smoked bama. #matchups

4 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Why is Auburn always undersized? Time to correct this. And a new strength program/coach are a must. 

Naz Reid played on the Under Armour circuit. He would make a huge difference on this team but Will Wade played the game and got him. And Lsu is a freaking Nike School.  It will be tough for Bruce to press the envelope like he usually does in crutin with the ncaa having him under even more of a intense mircroscope. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well that would mean they lost two close ones against tourney teams at home and looked a good bit against this same caliber of teams on the road. I can shift the topic from will they make the tourney to what’s like to happen if they did? Bryce would be facing a Mountain from game of thrones sized set of odds on whether he’d show up offensively. Even if Jared could give something scoring and not turnover wise, he’d give it back on defense. Needing those two to be net positives against other elite backcourts is a formula for failure

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Naz Reid played on the Under Armour circuit. He would make a huge difference on this team but Will Wade played the game and got him. It will be tough for Bruce to press the envelope like he usually does in crutin with the ncaa having him under even more of a intense mircroscope. 

What does "played the game" mean???????????????????? (is there a naive font available?)

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

What does "played the game" mean???????????????????? (is there a naive font available?)

haha come on. I know you are being sarcastic but a 5 star mcdonalds all american going to lsu WHEN HE IS FROM NEW JERSEY!!! Tremont Waters is from New Haven, CT and their other 5 star in last years class Emmitt Williams is from florida so that is not that far fetched. It just  means he is playing the grey area in recruiting very well. Something that will be harder for us to do moving forward because of the person FBI mess. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha come on. I know you are being sarcastic but a 5 star mcdonalds all american going to lsu WHEN HE IS FROM NEW JERSEY!!! Tremont Waters is from New Haven, CT and their other 5 star in last years class Emmitt Williams is from florida so that is not that far fetched. It just  means he is playing the grey area in recruiting very well. Something that will be harder for us to do moving forward because of the person FBI mess. 

You're connected with facts, I like it. I was messing with ya, but youz and meez are on the same wavelength about Auburn hoops.

I really try to talk about stuff we need to get better at after we win, after a loss people are aggravated. I may make a post in a few days and explain what's going wrong at least from what I see....for whoever may be interested. I imagine some people that may not visit the basketball section a bunch may be confused and wondering what happened I thought we were supposed to be good this year

Archived