Men vs. Tennessee - game thread

WarTiger

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Agree, if we can get Purifoy playing more minutes more akin to his strengths and get Wiley back there’s no reason we can’t make a run. 

That's all I wanted. I even put it in my season prediction just want us playing well around this time. Everything else that happened this season was just learning experiences to make us better

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the best overall game of the year. No taking anything away from that fact. But still we only won by 4. Looking ahead, it is going to take us playing the same way we played today in every remaining game we have this year to have a chance to hang with the big dogs in the big dance. Williams just abused Horace inside today and some of the teams in the dance have 2 Williams type big men on their team. Afraid we will hang tough and maybe get to sweet sixteen, and that will probably be it unless we draw a team we match up well with at that point. Anyway, great season for AU this year. Overcame quite a bit of adversity and persevered.  War Eagle!!!

Raise your hand if you feel like the Kentucky loss was a good thing in the long run? I truly believe getting embarrassed by them finally opened their eyes and made them do a hard look at themselves. Glad it came and now I want to face them in the SEC tourney! 

Great win and momentum right now. Perfect timing in the year to be jelling. Last year we were hurt and worn out now, if we keep it up we may have a decent run this year!

WOW!!!! WOW!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! I STILL HAVE NO CLUE HOW WE WON THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR ME I AM SPEECHLESS!! (NOT REALLY BUT YOU GET WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!! LOL) The first half had NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO of the usual ingredients that is needed for a team to pull off a major upset vs a elite team. They were hitting EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were doing the kermit davis ole miss vs us and hitting hand in their face tough shot after tough shot. BUT WE WITHSTOOD THOSE KNOCK OUT BLOWS AND ROCKY 4'd them in the later rounds (second half)!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO 5 seed? I am fine with that. LETS GOOO!!!!!! We get a "tune up" game on thursday *knock on wood* (do not want to overlook our opponent) to help us work out the kinks and get in sync for south carolina. 

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Chumma had 14 attempts most on the team. His defense was great. They all played great help side D. When they tried to focus on him it opened other guys up. This is exactly what I was talking about as far as running the offense through him. He shouldn't ever have less than 10 attempts in any game

He made a move inside to get two points that was something that has been lacking on our team and in his game as well. He is definitely improving. 

That’s what I am talking about!! Hell of a win for the team. Absolutely great way for these seniors to go out in their last game at home. Excited for this post season. 

LMAO It would not be a postgame thread of a Auburn BBall game without a emotional Purifoy social media post haha.  HAVING SAID THAT..... VERY VERY VERY Happy he is coming back for next season!!! LETS GOOO!!!! Hope he can regain his scoring form from his freshmen season!!! WAR EAGLE!

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LMAO It would not be a postgame thread of a Auburn BBall game without a Purifoy social media post haha. VERY VERY VERY Happy he is coming back for next season!!! LETS GOOO!!!! Hope he can regain his scoring form from his freshmen season!!! WAR EAGLE!

wow...  

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So many great pieces to this post but I really like how Bruce and Gus support each other. 

51 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Williams just abused Horace inside today

I don’t think abuse is the right word at all. Horace held his own today.

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So many great pieces to this post but I really like how Bruce and Gus support each other. 

Well said fam!!!! 2 total opposites for sure but def seem to be close friends. 

37 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LMAO It would not be a postgame thread of a Auburn BBall game without a emotional Purifoy social media post haha.  HAVING SAID THAT..... VERY VERY VERY Happy he is coming back for next season!!! LETS GOOO!!!! Hope he can regain his scoring form from his freshmen season!!! WAR EAGLE!

He's on an emotional high right now so I won't take that as gospel, but I would absolutely love to have Danjel back for his senior season. 

With LSU not having a coach and Tennessee being our sons, maybe we can win the SEC????!!!!!!!!!

i won’t get too excited but this is starting to feel like a special year again, with no major injuries this time. Maybe Wiley plays maybe he doesn’t but our offense certainly looks better without him

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

With LSU not having a coach and Tennessee being our sons, maybe we can win the SEC????!!!!!!!!!

i won’t get too excited but this is starting to feel like a special year again, with no major injuries this time. Maybe Wiley plays maybe he doesn’t but our offense certainly looks better without him

You won't get to excited about beating a top 5 team in the country?!?! A team who was ranked number 1 in the country for a month?

office.gif

i'm about to be 65 years old, and somebody my age has no business enjoying these last two wins as much as i am....i mean, my insides are glowing to the point that a beam like a flashlight beam is shining out of my butt!!!!....and to top it off, purifoy is coming back....like i said in another thread, him leaving made no sense....he can do what he needs to do right here, and i am glad that he sees that

Archived