Men vs. Tennessee - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bruce has bought excitement for AU basketball. The players sure do love him. It’s good to at least be relevant in this sport. With that being said, I can’t sit and watch a whole game of these guys play lol. It’s way too infuriating for me.

Seriously. You think five years ago, students would've put off spring break to go to an Auburn basketball game?

Just now, AUwent said:

Seriously. You think five years ago, students would've put off spring break to go to an Auburn basketball game?

amazing,ain't it....AD greene, pay da' man>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is partially what we get for losing to terribad USC back when 

not getting the double bye will hurt but these guys might be better off playing as soon as possible. Incredibly hot

i do think that you might have something there....

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Chumma is playing how I hoped he would....lead this team young fella

He damn sure did today 

That block by UT straight to Samir, and made 3 was just lethal! We are peaking at the right time of year.  The ball movement was incredible early on.  I only saw the beginning and the last 5 mins if game time but was so proud if the way they played together in that time.  I am looking forward to highlights. Horace Spencer has to be the most underrated player, but I appreciate everything he has done for Auburn in his time here.  He was a solid piece in Auburn's turnaround with Bruce.  Great win, keep working!

16 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

not as good as when they beat UK in 2000, but close....i'm a nervous wreck right now

I was 1 in 2000 so I certainly can’t relate but I do believe we can build a crop of talent together to beat UK in Rupp once the savior Sharife gets here 

I didn't post this this morning but I had a strong feeling Auburn was not going to lose today on the SR day of Coach Pearl's 1st full class at AU.

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That crowd was so fired up. I was on the treadmill next to guy who knows nothing about  (Wisconsin) Auburn and he was amazed at how loud the stadium seemed. 

Great win! Great crowd! Great coach! It has seemed to me that we have lacked a mental toughness all season. Today we looked overmatched but still came away with a huge win. I sure hope this continues. War Eagle!!!

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That block by UT straight to Samir, and made 3 was just lethal! We are peaking at the right time of year.  The ball movement was incredible early on.  I only saw the beginning and the last 5 mins if game time but was so proud if the way they played together in that time.  I am looking forward to highlights. Horace Spencer has to be the most underrated player, but I appreciate everything he has done for Auburn in his time here.  He was a solid piece in Auburn's turnaround with Bruce.  Great win, keep working!

Horace had one of the best defensive games anyone has had this season. A bit spoiled by some of those overeager and ones but all the same. He just made the difference and kept Grant in check better than anyone else could’ve 

There’s so much to highlight in today’s win but one that stuck out to me was Horace’s defense. He played, IMO, the best defensive game of his career. The double block was something I’m still smiling at.

21 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

How many wins in tourney do we need to lock a 5 seed? Or did we do that today?

@djg0017 Today likely locked at minimum the 6 seed in the NCAA Tourney. We'll need to beat LSU to get into heavy 5 seed discussion so 2-3 wins depending on where we are seeded for the SEC Tourney after the Cocky game today. If Cocky holds on over UGA it will take 3 in the SEC Tourney to get in the discussion because beating Cocky in our 2nd round SEC tourney game does nothing for our resume..

Shoutouts to JVon too, I was thinking we’d need a back up PG to at least be able to get buckets if we were gonna make a tourney run and this is probably the first time he was allowed to just mess up. I think throwing him to the fire was the right thing to do; paid dividends 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

There’s so much to highlight in today’s win but one that stuck out to me was Horace’s defense. He played, IMO, the best defensive game of his career. The double block was something I’m still smiling at.

It seemed like everybody focused on their role and did the best they could at that. That's how we can win

this bunch has never been about effort,that has been there....their basketball IQ is what frustrated me....today, it was the most cerebral game that they have played this year.....this was one hell of a basketball game

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It seemed like everybody focused on their role and did the best they could at that. That's how we can win

Agree, if we can get Purifoy playing more minutes more akin to his strengths and get Wiley back there’s no reason we can’t make a run. 

Chumma had 14 attempts most on the team. His defense was great. They all played great help side D. When they tried to focus on him it opened other guys up. This is exactly what I was talking about as far as running the offense through him. He shouldn't ever have less than 10 attempts in any game

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

@Dual-Threat Rigby I see you and I are on the same wave length today.

It’s hard not to appreciate everybody on an individual level in a game like this. You need team play of course, but guys also had to play above their head for us to win realistically. UT looked like a nba team with their in and out game in the first half. And we kept pace, probably should’ve been within 2-4 pts if it wasn’t for that awful call. Second half, the shots started falling but guys also started forcing the issue and drawing calls. BP said before the game that it was going to have to be like that and they executed. 

If Horace can continue playing something like the role Mac had last season, I don’t see anyone who can demonstratively beat us up

Archived