Men vs. Tennessee - game thread

WarTiger

We have officially beaten 1 NCAA Tourney team that is in the field. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m just giving props to the experts 

That term is used too much....breeds jealousy!

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I like where we sit. We should be able to beat the winner of Georgia / Missouri. Play SC on a neutral court and avenge our loss to them. LSU is a  tough team that we pushed to the limit in a road game and with their coach issue should give us a good shot. Then play the winner of Tenn./Kentucky. If we play like we did today we could actually win the SEC tourney.  

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This conversation seems to be based on jealousy 

Yeah but analysis isn't your thing though. You remember your posts after football games....

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I like where we sit. We should be able to beat the winner of Georgia / Missouri. Play SC on a neutral court and avenge our loss to them. LSU is a  tough team that we pushed to the limit in a road game and with their coach issue should give us a good shot. Then play the winner of Tenn./Kentucky. If we play like we did today we could actually win the SEC tourney.  

I thought we would beat Kentucky and lose to Tennessee....I still think I'd rather play Kentucky

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I thought we would beat Kentucky and lose to Tennessee....I still think I'd rather play Kentucky

I think Tenn. is a better team then Kentucky but I think we match up a little better against Tenn. then Kentucky but either one will be a tough game. If it is Kentucky and we do beat them then we will have avenged three of our SEC losses. USC/LSU/Kentucky which would make a Tourney win even sweeter. Now we still have to win the first game before we have a chance to go all the way,

56 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

My bracket has us playing Jawja, S. Carolina (obviously), and Florida.

I think Florida sneaks a win over LSU because the LSU athletic department is about to catch on fire!

46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think Tenn. is a better team then Kentucky but I think we match up a little better against Tenn. then Kentucky but either one will be a tough game. If it is Kentucky and we do beat them then we will have avenged three of our SEC losses. USC/LSU/Kentucky which would make a Tourney win even sweeter. Now we still have to win the first game before we have a chance to go all the way,

I agree but I think we match up better with Kentucky, but I could be completely wrong. I don't like how this game was so close and only one person on their team played like his normal self and I think Kentucky being so young could possibly fold or at least shake a little in a championship game....but I don't know, just talking off my gut instinct

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

He's on an emotional high right now so I won't take that as gospel, but I would absolutely love to have Danjel back for his senior season. 

Yup! With a girlfriend & a child in another state it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Make no mistake though. I want him back should he choose to come back.

Love how this win comes on the heels of a story by one of the anti Auburn rags (al.com? Saturday Down South? CBS?) re how Vols "are past Bruce Pearl". Not so fast...😁

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah but analysis isn't your thing though. You remember your posts after football games....

The analyses that wore the forum down to the point of cohesion by the end of those seasons? Sometimes I just gave them the result of game 12 by game 2, but it was usually never incorrect 

47 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The analyses that wore the forum down to the point of cohesion by the end of those seasons? Sometimes I just gave them the result of game 12 by game 2, but it was usually never incorrect 

😂 ok. Well if that's true then you understand.......but you've had jokes lately as if you could ever!

7 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

LSU athletic department is about to catch on fire!

just reading the SECRant, it looks like you are 100% spot on.....the UCLA  guy (north bruin "40") who is suspected of being pat forde, has put it out that people should pay attention to the tournaments because the fireworks will be lit concerning several schools....whoever this guy is, he has to be somehow connected because everything that he has posted in the past  is now out in the public....there are a couple of lawyers on there who are saying that this looks like a defense tactic for an "everybody does it defense ".....i do think this week will get into the minds of LSU's players

20 hours ago, WarTiger said:

FINAL.  TIGERS WIN 84-80 WAR EAGLE!!!!!!   What a great game that was.

Thank you so much for doing these threads. I didn't get to watch the game but these threads are a good play by play.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

Thank you so much for doing these threads. I didn't get to watch the game but these threads are a good play by play.

I did the same. I missed the start of the game, but didn’t want to turn it on in fear of bringing on a jinx. 

(You’re welcome, everyone)

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

I agree but I think we match up better with Kentucky, but I could be completely wrong. I don't like how this game was so close and only one person on their team played like his normal self and I think Kentucky being so young could possibly fold or at least shake a little in a championship game....but I don't know, just talking off my gut instinct

If you don't mind me asking, would you talk about the play of the UT players? I assume that Grant Williams is the one you are saying played like his normal self. I can see that Schofield may have had a poor game. I thought Bone looked good and Bowdoin, too. Turner's shot was off, mostly. I admit to not knowing much about UT, so I would love to hear your take on who for UT played badly. I sure hope we can play them again, even though they look a lot better than us!

i just watched the replay....what an effort!!!!!....say what you want about williams but he is a whining,dirty flopper....yeah, he is good, but i suspect in the NCAA, with different officials from a different area, he will deal with foul trouble.....we'll see

i completely forgot about the contribution mccormick had....he made some key plays and only one bad one where he didn't let the ball go out of bounds and threw it back in under our basket.....this is the 2nd game in a row where doughty made a big 3 late in the game....to be honest, he has his limitations, but he is actually a good shooter, maybe at the 2 guard next year?.....i don't think he is fluid enough as a ballhandler, but there is always room for a big guard....

there will be a good basketball team returning next year, if all goes as we hope, and some very good freshman coming in to join them....its been a long time since the year 2000

our position in the tournament is interesting and if things fall into the right slot....................

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

If you don't mind me asking, would you talk about the play of the UT players? I assume that Grant Williams is the one you are saying played like his normal self. I can see that Schofield may have had a poor game. I thought Bone looked good and Bowdoin, too. Turner's shot was off, mostly. I admit to not knowing much about UT, so I would love to hear your take on who for UT played badly. I sure hope we can play them again, even though they look a lot better than us!

Bone just recently the second half of the season been on a tear. Him and Bowden both actually. They all shot bad from the 3 the same game. That's something that usually doesn't happen. Schofield didn't get involved as much as he should but chumma really bothered him. The guards previously mentioned didn't have any problems scoring going towards the basket, I think they let the pace lull them.

I'm harder onmy cousin than anybody but he doesn't do that usually. Like when they played ole miss he went on a 9 point run by himself breaking guys down off the dribble and pulling up mid range shots then after two of those he had a rhythm and used his 3 ball. He didn't do this during this game even though he kept his man off balanced. 

Alexander that's about what he usually does but he usually a better offensive rebounder but we changed that. 

Strategically what I don't understand is why they would play so much zone against us. They don't have any mismatches. They should have just laid off until half court and played us straight up. I imagine the coaches will see that and the last thing is we're alot better at home so I still don't want to play them again

We're being penciled in some predictions as a 6 in bracket w/ UCF as a 9 . They're same no-win situation opponent in roundball as football - solid talent, capable team & delusional "us vs the world" attitude you do not want to play IMO.

UT didn’t play a great second half but that first half was them essentially ignoring us contesting their shots, they were otherworldly. Not saying they aren’t ususally very good, but they’d only probably be able to rise slightly higher in terms of overall play in tourney play, what with everyone else raising their play too 

I don’t think we should expect them to be way better or anything if we played them again 

Archived