Men vs. Tennessee - game thread

WarTiger

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Danjel just needs to have his scoring mentality unlocked like J’Von experienced today. He’s trying to play what he thinks team ball is, and while everyone else is eating, he can eat too 

He played 4 minutes. It is tough to get yours with that little playing time. BUT he at least hoisted up 2 shots in that time period. Next year is when he can get his. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He played 4 minutes. It is tough to get yours with that little playing time. BUT he at least hoisted up 2 shots in that time period. Next year is when he can get his. 

he doesnt shoot very confidently from what I saw looking at him. Its kinda like "well Im open so I gotta shoot it" type of thing. Hopefully him and Jared work together alot in the offseason, because we're gonna need him to do his thing at the 3 (I presume theyll move Samir to the 2 full time and we dont have Dunbar to sub in at that forward spot  anymore) 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don’t think abuse is the right word at all. Horace held his own today.

No, Williams pretty much had his way in the paint.

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

he doesnt shoot very confidently from what I saw looking at him. Its kinda like "well Im open so I gotta shoot it" type of thing. Hopefully him and Jared work together alot in the offseason, because we're gonna need him to do his thing at the 3 (I presume theyll move Samir to the 2 full time and we dont have Dunbar to sub in at that forward spot  anymore) 

I HOPE Okoro is starting at the 2 next season even though the 3 is his natural position. But yes this offseason is going to be so key for purifoy development to hopefully get him back in form from 2 years ago where he showed a lot of potential as a scorer. 

The fans really got in some of the UT players heads. Schofeld noticeably heard the boos and reacted. I don't envy being a name-brand athlete on the road in any sport but specifically not basketball where you're so close to the fans 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

So many great pieces to this post but I really like how Bruce and Gus support each other. 

I do like to see that. It seems to be a genuine friendship and I am sure can be special when you are coaching at that level.

6 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

No, Williams pretty much had his way in the paint.

look, the guy gets away with more garbage than any player that i can think of since larry bird.....the rotten refs,sure enough rotten today, allow him to lowers his shoulder and run over people,to hold,to flop and almost every call goes his way....i thought we did a pretty decent job in the paint.....had bowden not been so hot, it would have been a double digit win....was worried about bone schofield more than anyone else...i was afraid harper would be overmatched and the admiral is just good....turner is catch and shoot and was pretty sure BB could handle him...he was a non-factor...i still think they win the NC....they will play better after they get a few days rest

Im going to stop feeding this thread with spam, plus I dont have any reactions, but I really want to point out how many looks were granted with the inside outside game with Chuma cutting in. We passed maybe a bit too much sometimes but the looks were there. That's the only way we can translate shooting on the road and in neutral conditions: set up good looks. 

I also pray someone forces Danjel off social media next season 

I’d also like to mention once again that Bruce is the frickin man! What he has done for this program is amazing. I know it took an odd set of circumstances for us to even get him but he sure has delivered. Dude is a rock star. 

26 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

look, the guy gets away with more garbage than any player that i can think of since larry bird.....the rotten refs,sure enough rotten today, allow him to lowers his shoulder and run over people,to hold,to flop and almost every call goes his way....i thought we did a pretty decent job in the paint.....had bowden not been so hot, it would have been a double digit win....was worried about bone schofield more than anyone else...i was afraid harper would be overmatched and the admiral is just good....turner is catch and shoot and was pretty sure BB could handle him...he was a non-factor...i still think they win the NC....they will play better after they get a few days rest

He had 25 points, 9 rebounds; almost a double double. That's a pretty dominant performance. Almost all his points come in the paint (bad calls or not). I agree the refs got progressively worse during the game, but most refs let the big boys battle it out underneath and the bigger, badder boy usually wins out. I love Horace and AM as much as any other AU fan on here, but I'm just no going to call what I see through orange and blue glasses. They get pushed around quite a bit. They are long and athletic and give 100% of themselves; they're just not blessed with a lot of strength. It's a fact. Sorry if that offends the fans that are less educated in basketball on here, not my intent.

43 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Im going to stop feeding this thread with spam, plus I dont have any reactions, but I really want to point out how many looks were granted with the inside outside game with Chuma cutting in. We passed maybe a bit too much sometimes but the looks were there. That's the only way we can translate shooting on the road and in neutral conditions: set up good looks. 

Chuma has learned how to take the ball to the hole this year and has become an offensive force to be reckoned with. He is not just a 3 point threat any more. My mvp for sure today.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Chuma has learned how to take the ball to the hole this year and has become an offensive force to be reckoned with. He is not just a 3 point threat any more. My mvp for sure today.

If he can give 18+ points a game with the defense he’s been playing, I don’t know if we can be beat by many teams. He’s just such a hard mismatch against 3s and too athletic for 4s 

Well, this BB season turned out and ended the regular season much, much better that I would have thought when they were 2-4 in the SEC.

Team really seems to be peaking at the right time.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You sound like somebody....

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

@GwillMac6 the most active ball watcher ITT? 

lew.gif

jerry.gif

49 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

@GwillMac6 the most active ball watcher ITT? 

Nah somebody else, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were bigbirding me

Archived