Regional Final - Georgia Tech

Huge pitch there for GT. Missed opportunity on a tiring Tech pitcher. 

I hope the delay isn’t long as Horne is pitching well and a long delay means he’s likely done. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

All that motion by the Tech pitcher has got to be tiring. 

They said he usually throws around 70 pitches a game.....he's about there now. That extra motion probably why he doesn't last long. 

We may not see him after this inning. 

AU’s plan all along should have been to work the count and get the pitch count up. Their best chance is to get to the third or fourth GT pitcher by the 7th or 8th inning. 

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

This is bad for Horn. Don’t know how he is going to continue. 

Probably not. May be available tomorrow though (hope we don’t need to play tomorrow tho!)

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Probably not. May be available tomorrow though 

He’s at 50 pitches I think so I doubt he would throw tomorrow. 

Hate this delay...can't see anyway that AU benefits from this....meanwhile GT gets a chance to rest from a tough ball game this afternoon.

Also can't see that either pitcher will be back ….too bad for Horn...he was looking good and probably good for a few more innings at least. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Hate this delay...can't see anyway that AU benefits from this....meanwhile GT gets a chance to rest from a tough ball game this afternoon.

Also can't see that either pitcher will be back ….too bad for Horn...he was looking good and probably good for a few more innings at least. 

Yep, Tech’s pitcher was done. Horn was not. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not good. This one needed to keep moving with the pitching match up. Not sure that the "rest" for Tech can be considered beneficial. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not good. This one needed to keep moving with the pitching match up. Not sure that the "rest" for Tech can be considered beneficial. 

could be...their pitcher was about done...I was thinking of the team which had been out there about 4 hours 

any score for this game yet?  Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

could be...their pitcher was about done...I was thinking of the team which had been out there about 4 hours 

Maybe I am looking for a positive.    

meanwhile Georgia made a major collapse...got hammered by FSU twice this weekend....and done for the year...

Looking at our roster this morning, I thought Horn was our best chance for somebody to go deep into the game. This delay hurts AU and I don't think it hurts GT any at all.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Looking at our roster this morning, I thought Horn was our best chance for somebody to go deep into the game. This delay hurts AU and I don't think it hurts GT any at all.

Think I would disagree with you here. Georgia Tech has now had to get up and warm up 3 times today now. Long day for them and going to be physically and emotionally tired. Not sure, of course, but we’ll see...

Horn back on the mound.....surprised me.....

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

meanwhile Georgia made a major collapse...got hammered by FSU twice this weekend....and done for the year...

Thanks, wish there was both of those teams could get hammered

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think it hurts GT any at all.

I hope you are wrong Mikey

Archived