Baseball vs. North Carolina - game 2

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looked pretty bad today.....back to the old ways of everyone going for the distance and swinging at balls out of the zone. No swing discipline to amount to anything...wasted a good pitching performance by Watson.....despite the walks...

but tomorrow is a new day.   

Just now, AU64 said:

looked pretty bad today.....back to the old ways of everyone going for the distance and swinging at balls out of the zone. No swing discipline to amount to anything...wasted a good pitching performance by Watson.....despite the walks...

but tomorrow is a new day.   

UNC pitchers had Auburn figured out today. Maybe tomorrow their pitching will be stressed. 

We looked better at the plate today than Austin Love looked on the rubber yesterday. Like @AU64 said, tomorrow is another day. We need Judd to give us some good at bats and find a way to get on base. Walk, slap hit, anything. Get on base. It's killing us to have an out at the top of the order every time through. 

We stranded 10 and went 0-for with RISP. I don't think that'll happen again. If we can replicate the defensive/pitching results, I love our chances. I doubt we'll see Love tomorrow so we've cut down on their reliable arms. 

This team will fight. No doubt about that. Should be exciting tomorrow!!

Who are we starting tomorrow? 

Woof. Forecast tomorrow looks awful. Gonna be tough to get it in, but there's a real risk of mid-game delays which could cause a team to lose a pitcher. That's unfortunate.

Yes, we really lost a big advantage to close them out today. Need to jump on them early. Does 5 innings still call a game complete? 

It’s a tough series against a tough opponent at their place. Today was a loss but did some good things. The relievers did a GREAT job of holding things together and making UNC keep using high quality arms while keeping Fitts, Tanner, and Greenhill fresh for tomorrow. The bats were disappointing for sure, but that can correct itself in a hurry as we’ve seen with this team this postseason. 

All in all, the way Auburn played yesterday for 7 innings was probably worthy of a loss and the way they played and battled today was probably worthy of a win, so a 1-1 split right now isn’t really missing a sure opportunity. Regroup. Refresh. Reclaim that W tomorrow and let’s go to Omaha!

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

If the game is not played tomorrow, we will be screwed because the higher ranked team would advance. 

I am not sure but I believe this is incorrect. I believe the supers must be completed by end of day Tuesday, and currently the forecast is 10% rain in Chapel Hill on Tuesday so I’m fairly certain the game will get played. Someone correct me if I’m wrong please!

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I am not sure but I believe this is incorrect. I believe the supers must be completed by end of day Tuesday, and currently the forecast is 10% rain in Chapel Hill on Tuesday so I’m fairly certain the game will get played. Someone correct me if I’m wrong please!

Believe this is correct and was discussed some on yesterday’s broadcast 

Here is what @boomstick posted:

“The hourly breakdowns look a little better. There seems to be a window near first pitch time on Saturday and Sunday. Monday looks really bad. And not sure if it’s been posted, but here is the advancing scenarios if the full series can’t be played. They will have through Tuesday to extend the super regional, although Tuesday doesn’t really look any better. 

No games played: higher seed advances

One game played: winner advances 

Two games played and split: higher seed advances”

So,  if Monday is rained out, the game would go to Tuesday. 

27 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Has to be.  You can’t pick and choose who starts Friday versus Saturday and then not have an extra day for rainouts for all those SRs starting on Saturday. Wouldn’t be close to fair or common sense, but then it is the NCAA. Matter of fact, I thought they played them all out, just sucks for your rest period if you take longer. I did not realize there was a deadline at all. 

Tuesday forecast doesn't look too bad. 

Screenshot_20190609-154928.png

Yeah, I’m not worried whether we play Game 3. We will. It’s a matter of when and how choppy it’ll be. 

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Tuesday forecast doesn't look too bad. 

Screenshot_20190609-154928.png

That's pretty good ...and not 95 degrees either which you could  have this time of year. 

Archived