All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, The Freak said:

Why do I get the feeling that it will be Bo until the ball is in the redzone and then it will be Joey?

giphy.gif

Interesting concept.

Signed,

010813dNIX_t400_h6e2b951d493eeccb2b91c3edameyune-craig-7b3a93f5-18b3-416b-9221-5

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason my gut tells me Gus wants Bo to be his QB. But I think Joey starts Oregon for size and time in the system. By the end of the season Bo is at the helm. Just a feeling. 

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The Gatewood v. Nix debate is getting heated on campus.

Young lady in the blue could probably take both of'em...DADGUM!!!

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Young lady in the blue could probably take both of'em...DADGUM!!!

She literally turned around and swung at the first person she saw. 

Can she play on the OL?

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

She literally turned around and swung at the first person she saw. 

Can she play on the OL?

I think she pretty much hit everyone there but the person filming.

Gus, Dilly & Grimes are probably studying the film as we speak.

You know, there was a time where practice reports led us to believe Jeremy was bounds better than JF3 and Sean White and "started looking like his old self". take that how you may but I dont believe this is it 

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If there’s a True frosh that could start for AU, it’s Bo, but gut still thinks JG. We’ll see 

Almost every insider since the scrimmage has said it’s probably Bo.  Where there’s smoke there’s fire... 

I really love both QBs, but have to come down on the side of Gatewood if not for the first few games. I think both QBs will play and will play a lot. I love the fact that Joey can run over folks at will. This is going to be a very interesting QB battle no doubt. We could be a 2 QB system for a while and if this works then maybe for  the long term. It would be fun to see us win 10 plus games with each QB getting a lot of reps each week. Time will tell though and we all wait with baited breath!

If we run a 2 QB system all year, it doesn’t matter to me, especially if we’re winning games with it. Both QB’s are immensely talented. Our biggest concern going forward should be the o line and how they gel and perform, regardless of who is starting at QB.

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If we run a 2 QB system all year, it doesn’t matter to me, especially if we’re winning games with it. Both QB’s are immensely talented. Our biggest concern going forward should be the o line and how they gel and perform, regardless of who is starting at QB.

I don’t think the plan is to run an2 qb system but it’s wise to give Bo a shot if he’s earned it. After the first 2-3 games he’s not effective then Joey will be the starter and save the redshirt for Bo. No inside info but makes the most sense.

Nothing against Bo Nix at all.  In fact, in a slightly different offense, he's my guy as I do believe he can & probably will be an elite NFL style QB.

IF Gus would/will do away with the stupid, slow developing fake zone-read on almost every single play as if the defense is going to respect the QB run like he's Cam or Nick, then I believe Bo can/will be great.  However, I just don't believe he's any more of a home-run threat with his legs than Jeremy, Sean or Jarrett, therefore the ZR is merely a couple of wasted seconds giving the opposing D's front 7 an unnecessary advantage against the AU linemen & RB's. 

If Bo is QB1, then PLEASE save the zone-read for specific situations/plays.  Otherwise just get the RB the dang ball quickly and help him & the O-line do their jobs.  If it's the same plays we've seen over the last few years (including the Purdue game) then it's still my "expert :roflol: opinion" that QB1 needs to be a home-run threat with his wheels first....but still a respectable passer.

Therefore, unless Joey just truly can't complete a pass (that's longer than a WR bubble-screen) then IMO he is the QB that Gus needs.  Otherwise, it's going to be the same inconsistent stuff from game to game because every player has to execute perfectly (isn't this basically what Gus says after each loss?).

Team Joey!

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I don’t think the plan is to run an2 qb system but it’s wise to give Bo a shot if he’s earned it. After the first 2-3 games he’s not effective then Joey will be the starter and save the redshirt for Bo. No inside info but makes the most sense.

I’m just saying, if we did, it wouldn’t bother me. I love both guys, but all I want AU to do is win games.

36 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I don't think Phillip Marshall knows any more than the rest of us.

Nope, I wouldn't put much faith into those predictions he laid out. #weaksauce

Archived