2020 Football Schedule

Auburn Kev

Not that it will happen but Auburn would have beat LSU, Alabama, and Uga in back to back to back weeks if we were to win the SEC next year. I would love to know the odds for that. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Oops didn't see this thread when I created mine.

I guess having LSU at home is better than UGA on the road ahead of the Iron Bowl? Damn we can't catch a break. But at least it's still got an Amen Cornerish feel to it. We wrap up the regular season with our 2 most critical division games.

But doesn't the SEC get how it's good for business for both AU and Bama to have layups coming into the Iron Bowl to give more room to hype up the game?

Ha. Like the SEC would ever cut us a break. 

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Not that it will happen but Auburn would have beat LSU, Alabama, and Uga in back to back to back weeks if we were to win the SEC next year. I would love to know the odds for that. 

Better or worse than beating UGA, Bama, UGA?

11 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

It's not THAT bad. At least in this format we have Home/Away in November rather than Away/Away like we have in even years. The last two even years have been crap for ticket holders because there's been no good home games in November. 

Crap for ticket holders and I would imagine crap for local businesses and employees trying to save up for the holidays, too. 

A couple more thoughts. In terms of SEC West Scheduling I’m OK with this because this is in essence a fatal four-way for Auburn, Bama, LSU, and Texas A&M. Since the SEC West is doing this, if this stays in place the SEC East needs to do it as well with Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Missouri/South Carolina in November or the SEC championship game should be moved To two weeks after the end of the regular season.

The schedule as is would give Georgia and Tennessee an unfair advantage. Maybe they should have to play each other the last week of November and Georgia move the Georgia Tech game up in the season.

Just now, ellitor said:

the SEC championship game should be moved To two weeks after the end of the regular season.

This needs to happen no matter what IMO. 

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What the Heck!!! We are playing LSU & Bama in back to back weeks?!?!?!

tenor.gif

A&M right after going on the road against UGA too. 👀

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This needs to happen no matter what IMO. 

Yes, I still say if we had a week's rest in 2017 we would have won the SECCG or just had a much better shot.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

^^^THIS. tI would create more imbalances for other teams. Barring more expansion or adding a 9th conference game the SEC schedule cycle is set through 2025.

How would it have changed anything for any other team but AU?  We would have 1 less home game in 1 season but after that it would've have gone back to home/away as normal in alternate years.

I mean its better then having to play UGA almost immediately again in the SECCG.....not much better but better lol

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but you have to imagine LSU is going to regress under the ogre at some point right? As it is now it's easier to play them than to play UGA in that slot. If they regress to an 8-4 type team next year that game is going to look even better. 

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

How would it have changed anything for any other team but AU?  We would have 1 less home game in 1 season but after that it would've have gone back to home/away as normal in alternate years.

@dyehardfanAU Because it's a domino effect & schedules of other teams playing AU & UGA would have to be changed quite a bit.

48 minutes ago, Tiger said:

At least we get more variety 😁

12 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but you have to imagine LSU is going to regress under the ogre at some point right? As it is now it's easier to play them than to play UGA in that slot. If they regress to an 8-4 type team next year that game is going to look even better. 

Good point, but going forward it concerns me because LSU is going to have top-5 talent almost every year. And of course the voodoo. 

After thinking about it some more I'm ok with this. Would it be better to have Arky or one of the Mississippi schools right before Bama? Sure but these matchups down the stretch will carry quite a bit of weight when it comes to the division standings and we still get a big time home game close to the end of the season for recruiting in years we play Bama on the road. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

After thinking about it some more I'm ok with this. Would it be better to have Arky or one of the Mississippi schools right before Bama? Sure but these matchups down the stretch will carry quite a bit of weight when it comes to the division standings and we still get a big time home game close to the end of the season recruiting for years we play Bama on the road. 

Good point about recruiting.

Also, hopefully most years this will mean the West is still up for grabs when November starts. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Good point about recruiting.

Also, hopefully most years this will mean the West is still up for grabs when November starts. 

Glad you could make out what I meant with how I butchered my last sentence lol. And great point about how big November will be for the SEC title race. It should set up for some meaningful football -- hopefully we are still playing for something.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@dyehardfanAU Because it's a domino effect & schedules of other teams playing AU & UGA would have to be changed quite a bit.

Why?  There would be no schedule changes other than AU playing two consecutive years at UGA.  How would that effect other teams?

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good point, but going forward it concerns me because LSU is going to have top-5 talent almost every year. And of course the voodoo. 

Yeah people keep talking about LSU going downhill because of Ogeron, but the truth is that they have been trending upwards since he came on. Like you mentioned, recruiting is the name of the game, and that's one thing Ed knows how to do as well as anyone. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Remains to be seen if this is a permanent fixture FWIW.

27 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Why?  There would be no schedule changes other than AU playing two consecutive years at UGA.  How would that effect other teams?

Because if you schedule it back before the rotation is over in 2025 you have to change other teams' schedules to for home & road game number played balance in a season. The whole reason the SEC had it done in 2014 was it was only 1 game change needed to balance every other team with 4 home & 4 away conference games in the season. Any other solution would have had multiple games changing to back to back home or road games for teams.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

IMO worse now because there was a non-competitive game after UGA to give us time to rest. Basically we had a week off. It would be something like Ark St, AL, then UGA. 

Now it is back to back to back starting with LSU which usually is an extremely physical slugfest game. It is what it is...I just wish we never changed the schedule years ago to a Home/Home for UGA/Alabama. 

And I agree with everyone about the unfair advantage for the SEC East. They already had a huge advantage because of their schedule - now it is really going to benefit them when the SEC W teams are taking each other out. 

Archived