***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

augolf1716

34 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Miracle '21 class? In what way pray tell?

We have one of the better RB’s already committed and have an early lead on a mammoth 5* DT from Eight Mile Alabama. Past that, good question.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Tiger said:

Don't forget to post a pic when you get the tat! 

giphy.gif

i would love to but it might be a while. at 64 i am not gonna shave my leg and put pictues of it out there............lol. i am barely hanging on to my man card as it is.  grins.

so no arrests, suicides, or bans since bo was picked?

for you cats disappointed that bo was named the starter,will hastings said  " joey will play. joey will play a lot." i cannot copy and paste the twitter but it was by nathan king and on page 55 of the rants joey named starter.

It seems like alot of people wanted people to care??? That's going to be hard when you have no data on either QB

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

so no arrests, suicides homicides, or bans since bo was picked?

No, that's what happens when bammer loses a game to Auburn (w/ a slight alteration).

Time to revive "Bo knows"? ;)

Bo Nix, starting QB for the AU Tigers. True freshman. Been a while since a true frosh has started for Auburn. Given recent history with true freshman and the national championship...well...I hope our Tigers and Bo Nix write their own chapter this season.

War Eagle!

15 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Time to revive "Bo knows"? ;)

Bo Nix, starting QB for the AU Tigers. True freshman. Been a while since a true frosh has started for Auburn. Given recent history with true freshman and the national championship...well...I hope our Tigers and Bo Nix write their own chapter this season.

War Eagle!

I think the last one to start opening day as a true freshman would have been Marlon Davidson. I would like to know of any other true Frosh that have started since he has. 

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think the last one to start opening day as a true freshman would have been Marlon Davidson. I would like to know of any other true Frosh that have started since he has. 

He was probably talking about QB true freshman. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I should have been more clear I guess. I was referring to an actual true freshman starting at QB for our AU Tigers.  I can recall a redshirt or two, but I'm having a hard time remembering a true frosh being named starter since I became an AU fan back in 1972.  

27 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I should have been more clear I guess. I was referring to an actual true freshman starting at QB for our AU Tigers.  I can recall a redshirt or two, but I'm having a hard time remembering a true frosh being named starter since I became an AU fan back in 1972.  

FWIW, the historians I've been hearing say Auburn hasn't had a TF start at QB since 1946.  Back then, I don't believe Freshmen even played Varsity but due to manpower issues caused by WWII....

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

FWIW, the historians I've been hearing say Auburn hasn't had a TF start at QB since 1946.  Back then, I don't believe Freshmen even played Varsity but due to manpower issues caused by WWII....

Well, given I wasn't born until 1961 and never heard of AU until my family moved to Selma in 1972, I reckon that would explain why I have a hard time remembering the last true frosh to start the season at QB for our Auburn Tigers. ;) 

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Well, given I wasn't born until 1961 and never heard of AU until my family moved to Selma in 1972, I reckon that would explain why I have a hard time remembering the last true frosh to start the season at QB for our Auburn Tigers. ;) 

Yeah, I was born the year y'all moved to Selma 😉, so I certainly didn't know.   However, I heard the talking heads on SEC Network & somewhere else (can't remember where) talking about it.  Otherwise,  I certainly had no idea....just taking their word for it.  😎

On 8/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, DAG said:

40 yard dash doesn’t tell me a whole lot tbh. Straight line speed is all and if you run track you are at an advantage. However, the twenty yard shuffle  is impressive and I hope that quick acceleration proves to be the case. 

Yeah, 40 yd dash doesnt tell much - thats why every level of football uses it to gauge speed. I'm sure the NFL just scraps those 40 times.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I think it was a guy named Tidwell? something like that. It has been well before I was born since a tru frosh started QB in the opener.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think it was a guy named Tidwell? something like that. It has been well before I was born since a tru frosh started QB in the opener.

Travis Tidwell I remember seeing him run his first play:poke:

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yeah, 40 yd dash doesnt tell much - thats why every level of football uses it to gauge speed. I'm sure the NFL just scraps those 40 times.

Yeah those 40 yard dash warriors sure do make amazing football players. Running 40 yards in a straight line in spandex definitely correlates to being able to run proper routes , tackle the ball carrier, escape and navigate in the pocket.  No wonder why John Ross is a pro bowler. He is running pass all those DBs.   Dri Archer is lighting it up in the NFL. Jerome Mathis too. Trace McSorely ran a 4.57 last year, NM ran a 4.54. Do you really think Trace moves like NM?  Johnny football ran a 4.68 40, yet he was running circles around people in the SEC. how do you explain that? Derek freaking Carr ran a 4.69 in the same combine. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2015/12/27/10671568/browns-qb-johnny-manziel-sets-franchise-rushing-record-for-a

5 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Given recent history with true freshman and the national championship...well...I hope our Tigers and Bo Nix write their own chapter this season.

JMO but those teams won despite having a freshman QB, not because of it.   Not much recent history (as percentage of games played) to indicate there is any advantage at all to having a freshman at QB.    Hoping we are able to beat the odds with our two candidates. 

If you believe those track numbers to really tell you anything then you're a funny guy. If you believe the accuracy in those numbers are legit then......well nevermind lol

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but those teams won despite having a freshman QB, not because of it.   Not much recent history (as percentage of games played) to indicate there is any advantage at all to having a freshman at QB.    Hoping we are able to beat the odds with our two candidates. 

Trevor Lawrence was a difference maker. He wasn't normal, he was the anomaly. You're right though unfortunately now everybody will point at him to trick themselves into thinking every QB can do what he did

Just now, cole256 said:

Trevor Lawrence was a difference maker. He wasn't normal, he was the anomaly. You're right though unfortunately now everybody will point at him to trick themselves into thinking every QB can do what he did

That is probably what a lot of people are thinking when they see a True Freshman starting at QB as if that is the norm.  However, I feel like Bo's season will be closer to Jake Fromm's freshman year than Trevor Lawrence.  Jake wasn't asked to be the guy too often, just manage the game and occasionally make some good throws.  If that is what is expected out of Bo then I think he can do it.  Our defense should be good enough that AU won't have to put up 40 points a game in order to win.

9 minutes ago, McFU said:

That is probably what a lot of people are thinking when they see a True Freshman starting at QB as if that is the norm.  However, I feel like Bo's season will be closer to Jake Fromm's freshman year than Trevor Lawrence.  Jake wasn't asked to be the guy too often, just manage the game and occasionally make some good throws.  If that is what is expected out of Bo then I think he can do it.  Our defense should be good enough that AU won't have to put up 40 points a game in order to win.

Unfortunately Bo is going to have to do much more IMO. I keep seeing prodigy being thrown around. People need to be careful with that. Jake Fromm had TWO NFL RBs in his backfield, a proven o-line and a great defense. 

1 minute ago, McFU said:

I agree. My concerns is not having a dominant I'll make it happen even on a bad throw wr; and fromm had a supremely talented running game and I'm a little nervous about our inside running game. Teams are going to make us prove that we can throw the ball, they going to load up on the run early

32 minutes ago, AU64 said:

At least with respect to Clemson and Trevor Lawrence, we will have to agree to disagree. 

Archived