***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

augolf1716

I worry about our power run game......I also hope our QB is tough. No matter what some think just singing blue sky and rainbows don't make everything work. I hope the o line and wr play well enough to support the young: man he's going to need help

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If our receivers consistently catch, and we can throw to open the run, then the run game will explode. Shivers and KMart would Excell in that type of O

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Get this young man's video over here, too.

Wonder how many TF under Gus has gotten the privilege to talk to the press? 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm sure there have probably been some....but I can't name a single one TBH

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If our receivers consistently catch, and we can throw to open the run, then the run game will explode. Shivers and KMart would Excell in that type of O

Yeah buddy

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I'm sure there have probably been some....but I can't name a single one TBH

Yeah, first one to my knowledge, but I thought he handled the interview pretty dadgum well.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor (2).gif

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That game was Hotter than Christie Brinkley in her prime and DMac and Felix Jones made everyone even more miserable. Then in true and so tyyyyyyyyp tubs fashion we turn around and beat the eventual national champ the very next week lol. Summed up the tubs era perfectly!

I have never had a more infuriating two week stretch of Auburn football than that right there.  2006 is the year that I will never forgive Tubs for.  Ever.

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yeah, first one to my knowledge, but I thought he handled the interview pretty dadgum well.

Hurts didn’t talk to press until after SEC Championship game of TF year. Bo is easily outpacing him fwiw.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I have never had a more infuriating two week stretch of Auburn football than that right there.  2006 is the year that I will never forgive Tubs for.  Ever.

Agreed....Should have been a Natty run

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s any coach, though. And honestly I doubt many could handle the moment quite the way Bo did. I know I couldn’t today. 

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I worry about our power run game......I also hope our QB is tough. No matter what some think just singing blue sky and rainbows don't make everything work. I hope the o line and wr play well enough to support the young: man he's going to need help

They can run some of the 2013 ZR offense and open up the inside since DEnds have to respect Nix's legs

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Stove and Hastings both returned for a full first practice in a long time. And rhythm with bo is being set.

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hurts didn’t talk to press until after SEC Championship game of TF year. Bo is easily outpacing him fwiw.

Hah, man it'd be something if he could put up, what, 35 TDs or whatever it was that Hurts put up his freshman campaign. 

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Unicorns. Gotta add unicorns. Blue skies, rainbows and unicorns. That’s the ticket. ;)

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Unicorns. Gotta add unicorns. Blue skies, rainbows and unicorns. That’s the ticket. ;)

A little bit of cotton candy too. 

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yes. It would’ve just been the opposite reactions by some of the same posters , which is why we should just be happy Auburn is in a good position. Preferences vs personal, you know?

But Bo Nix I feel like is really special. He will surprise folks this year IMO. I hope he has a little swagger in him.

Yeah I was gonna be over hyping myself either way. If JG beat out Nix, my thought would be that JG must really be special. Similar comments made about Cam from the players in spring were happening about JG coming out of Bowl Practice and Spring camp. So now that Bo is starting, you start to feel the story lines about him following in his dads footsteps, the trends of Gus changing (not that he had a choice as both were young QBs) and a chance that Bo could our next Auburn Legend.  WHY CANT I STOP HYPING MYSELF?!?!

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Get this young man's video over here, too.

Wow! Very impressed with this young man. The moment does not seem to big for him. 

9 minutes ago, WVR said:

Wow! Very impressed with this young man. The moment does not seem to big for him. 

17563478-8973-4300-956f-7f5f23ee39e4_tex

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This thread'll get locked soon enough so Ill get my post in while I can

I hope Gus throws Bo to the fire as far as the red zone goes. It'll be even worse long term and certainly a worse look if he tries Joey every time down there, whether it works or not. Sean messed up there and wasnt ever trusted again

This is my only concern when it came to having Bo as the starter. I understand wanting to utilize Joey but let Bo "finish" the deal. He's the starter. I'd feel the same if Joey was the starter. At this point we're speculating but i just have a feeling we're going to get a heavy dose of Joey in the RZ and it just concerns me regarding messing up the flow of drives. We shall see though. I know Bo is a better runner than JS and Sean but his main assest is clearly passing.  I just hope Gus is prepared to put Bo good situations to succeed. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Now I think that's bull really but the interview stuff will always be a sore spot for me

Archived