***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

augolf1716

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I agree. My concerns is not having a dominant I'll make it happen even on a bad throw wr; and fromm had a supremely talented running game and I'm a little nervous about our inside running game. Teams are going to make us prove that we can throw the ball, they going to load up on the run early

Yep, they will load the box until we prove we can beat them through the air.  Here's hoping the WR's aren't dropping too many passes and that Bo is accurate while moving in and out of the pocket.  It just seems to me that if he can make the simple completions (heaven forbid we run a damn slant more than twice a game) that should be enough to spread the defense out in order for the offense to move.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

At least with respect to Clemson and Trevor Lawrence, we will have to agree to disagree. 

Lawrence I can accept but he is a rare talent....aided by some very good receivers.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah those 40 yard dash warriors sure do make amazing football players. Running 40 yards in a straight line in spandex definitely correlates to being able to run proper routes , tackle the ball carrier, escape and navigate in the pocket.  No wonder why John Ross is a pro bowler. He is running pass all those DBs.   Dri Archer is lighting it up in the NFL. Jerome Mathis too. Trace McSorely ran a 4.57 last year, NM ran a 4.54. Do you really think Trace moves like NM?  Johnny football ran a 4.68 40, yet he was running circles around people in the SEC. how do you explain that? Derek freaking Carr ran a 4.69 in the same combine. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2015/12/27/10671568/browns-qb-johnny-manziel-sets-franchise-rushing-record-for-a

They call that a juke.

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

They call that a juke.

The first deceptive move is what matters...not necessarily speed....and Manziel could string two or three deceptive moves together while a defender was still looking for his jock strap.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The first deceptive move is what matters...not necessarily speed....and Manziel could string two or three deceptive moves together while a defender was still looking for his jock strap.

And a lot of these defenders have superior straight line speed.

24 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

They call that a juke.

Led the SEC in rushing yards, YPA and TDs in 2012. That is a lot of Juke moves. More juke moves than Todd Gurley, Tre Mason and T.J. Yeldon.

And no I am not saying Bo Nix is Johnny. Only that 40 times do not tell the true story in terms of game speed. Based on that Chart, Bo is much faster than JG, but how does that translate to the field, where straight line speed is rarely the case.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Unfortunately Bo is going to have to do much more IMO. I keep seeing prodigy being thrown around. People need to be careful with that. Jake Fromm had TWO NFL RBs in his backfield, a proven o-line and a great defense. 

Bo has 4 NFL RBs, an extremely deep OL (per some), and a top 10 defense 🤠

On 8/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, aujeff11 said:

We have one of the better RB’s already committed and have an early lead on a mammoth 5* DT from Eight Mile Alabama. Past that, good question.

If you're mentioning early leads on 5 star prospects in Alabama, educating yourself on the other 5 stars in said state we have a lead for would give you an answer

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you're mentioning early leads on 5 star prospects in Alabama, educating yourself on the other 5 stars in said state we have a lead for would give you an answer

Or not.

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think it was a guy named Tidwell? something like that. It has been well before I was born since a tru frosh started QB in the opener.

You are talking about Travis Tidwell. Just FYI, no freshmen were allowed to play in SEC games back then. We played other school's "B" teams in the SEC and some not in the SEC. I think that was the term that was used for freshman football players. They didn't play Varsity until their sophomore year. FWIW.

WDW

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Bo's biggest attribute in terms of speed is his acceleration. Watching the spring game again last night...he gets to full speed in a very few short steps. Very nice acceleration which is key in a ZR. I don't think he is NM14 quick, with NM's moves, but he is quick enough to do some legit damage. Joey would have been a bulldozer, or will be rather. I like the combo. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think Bo's biggest attribute in terms of speed is his acceleration. Watching the spring game again last night...he gets to full speed in a very few short steps. Very nice acceleration which is key in a ZR. I don't think he is NM14 quick, with NM's moves, but he is quick enough to do some legit damage. Joey would have been a bulldozer, or will be rather. I like the combo. 

I think he could be a lesser Manziel in that respect. Johnny is more elusive and probably has better running instincts, but they have similar potential in terms of being a threat to get you an easy 5-6 YPC when scrambling and the potential to break it for 20 if they really had the lane. Not to mention the pass off the run being their most dangerous aspect

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Or not to doing any type of research before trying to appear like you knew what you were saying? 

Or not as in I’m not doing research for you. I’m not the one claiming a 2021 miracle class. And all I said was good question. 

Now please tell everyone about this miracle class. I know I’m dying to hear about it. 

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree with the top 10 defense part. 

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Or not as in I’m not doing research for you. I’m not the one claiming a 2021 miracle class. And all I said was good question. 

Now please tell everyone about this miracle class. I know I’m dying to hear about it. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=AL

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2021-Football/Targets/ 

I assume you can read from here. there's a few crystal balls, few warms on some top tier prospects, on top of the 3 4 stars (Armoni has 5 star potential from what Ive read) they're holding now. Alot of hype behind the way that class could shape out 

35 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=AL

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2021-Football/Targets/ 

I assume you can read from here. there's a few crystal balls, few warms on some top tier prospects, on top of the 3 4 stars (Armoni has 5 star potential from what Ive read) they're holding now. Alot of hype behind the way that class could shape out 

Kool Aid and Dylan are soft leads if leads at all. Would like to see a KN CB here. 

On 8/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, DAG said:

Johnny football ran a 4.68 40, yet he was running circles around people in the SEC. how do you explain that?

For a QB, JF had one of the quicker accelerations from stop to full speed I’ve ever seen. Marshall as well. Both very instinctive on running towards daylight.

JF and Cam were the two best I’ve seen when they turned a pass play into a run play. Their vision were unparalleled. 

I need to watch some manziel highlights I guess. I was never impressed with his running really, thought he was good at being able to see or know where his guys were under pressure; and he was good at setting up a block and making a guy miss in the pocket. 

I don't remember him being exceptionally fast or quick as far as running, just spread everybody out and take his 8 yard chunks when they are available

Oregon may attack the box early, but I assure you, it will not last long.

Bo Nix 22 for 29 for 317 yards and 4 TDs.

Yes...I have been drinking.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, cole256 said:

I need to watch some manziel highlights I guess. I was never impressed with his running really, thought he was good at being able to see or know where his guys were under pressure; and he was good at setting up a block and making a guy miss in the pocket. 

I don't remember him being exceptionally fast or quick as far as running, just spread everybody out and take his 8 yard chunks when they are available

Not sure I've ever seen a WR prop up a QB's career like Mike Evans did Manziel's. 

But Manziel was damned hard to tackle. No question about that. 

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure I've ever seen a WR prop up a QB's career like Mike Evans did Manziel's. 

But Manziel was damned hard to tackle. No question about that. 

Jeudy and Tua...

Archived