***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

augolf1716

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I didn’t know this but Bo only took 4 sacks his whole senior year of HS. His OL wasn’t exactly outstanding either 

He was running for his life in a lot of his hudl tape. Hard to teach that level of pocket presence. Stidham sure didn't have it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

To me the most complete offense we've seen is the run in 2017. 

Agree. I think 2014 was pretty close. 

2010 had a good line and the best player in college football. 

2013 had a great line and the best running attack in college football...plus a little luck. 

2017 was the most complete when everyone was healthy. We beat a few number 1 teams by a WIDE MARGIN... I think Gus wants to emulate that offense but make it better. I hope it is successful. 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i plan on getting the aubie stoner face tat in the near future............long may you run my auburn bro........

Don't forget to post a pic when you get the tat! 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

441597BF-C9A2-4585-8BC6-255E16CD38BD.jpegCredit to jts4AU71 on reddit 

40 yard dash doesn’t tell me a whole lot tbh. Straight line speed is all and if you run track you are at an advantage. However, the twenty yard shuffle  is impressive and I hope that quick acceleration proves to be the case. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

40 yard dash doesn’t tell me a whole lot tbh. Straight line speed is all and if you run track you are at an advantage. However, the twenty yard shuffle  is impressive and I hope that quick acceleration proves to be the case. 

Yeah, some people argued that his 40 yd is actually a 4.71. Regardless, the 20 yard shuffle is the most impressive stat imo. Hopefully Gus trusts him and let’s him play 

53 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

He was running for his life in a lot of his hudl tape. Hard to teach that level of pocket presence. Stidham sure didn't have it.

Good.. he will be use to it and maybe it won’t bother him as much .. cuz our OL needs work. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly.. Nick Marshall and Cam were definitely quicker In game than the 40 times posted. Game speed is so much more than 40 times. The 20 yard shuffle time tells me that Nix has the quickness to get himself out of trouble when the OL breaks down. 

Our boy T Reed!!!!

quick hits:

1.  that shuttle time is off the charts for a QB - change of direction, Nic Marshal - esque.   wow.  This could be special.

2. only taking 4 sacks in HS - unheard of.  He started for 4 years fellas and no his OL wasn't exceptional.  He is a 'heady' player with great instincts.  This could be a very special player.

3. remember who did he watch turkey day football with (and MNF and college FB and Sunday afternoon FB and Thu night FB)?  Uh...former OC at 2 D1 schools.   He's been mentored daily for like a dozen years.

All these add up to the most prepared QB to hit Auburn  EVER  or heck any SEC school as a freshman.  What happens on the field is TBD, but the qualities this kid has are scary.  I mean, if we can recruit some OL for the next few years he really could win the Heisman.  The receivers are coming....we see that.  We now have some depth at RB (praise).  Who knows - 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

441597BF-C9A2-4585-8BC6-255E16CD38BD.jpegCredit to jts4AU71 on reddit 

Tom Brady is slower than all these guys. Superior protection will make an average QB look great. If Nix's 40 yard dash time is a significant factor this season, then Auburn is in serious trouble.

14 minutes ago, subterranean_jack said:

Tom Brady is slower than all these guys. Superior protection will make an average QB look great. If Nix's 40 yard dash time is a significant factor this season, then Auburn is in serious trouble.

This isn’t the NFL and a Tom Brady QB wouldn’t work in Gus’ offense 

8 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Question for AUGolf or anyone else that knows. I know the Nix family has always been Auburn folks and that Bo was named after Bo Jackson. Question is if his Dad Patrick was named after Sullivan? If so then Bo should name his first son after Cam. 😊 see what o did there .

Not sure to be honest with you. Have never heard he was name after Sullivan. His Dad Conrad was a big time HS coach at Northside in Warner Robbins, Ga

36 minutes ago, subterranean_jack said:

@aubearcat

2 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Exactly.. Nick Marshall and Cam were definitely quicker In game than the 40 times posted. Game speed is so much more than 40 times. The 20 yard shuffle time tells me that Nix has the quickness to get himself out of trouble when the OL breaks down. 

Getting out of trouble is BIG...JS did not have much ability and pulled the plug too soon.  Looking forward to how Bo deals with a pass rush.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

When running the ZR offense the right read, not speed is the most important thing.  And with today's defenses the QB has to make multiple reads instead of just one read.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I’d say Brady has played behind some really average lines at times. A lot of Tom’s success is rhythm and timing along with deadly accuracy. If I remember correctly, he still gets his pass off quicker than anybody in the NFL. 

Also, if Bo is running a little, it’s not necessarily a bad thing. See Young, Brees, and the like. 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Gus gets fired there isnt much of a trajectory. The miracle '21 class and the already great '20 class are probably both f'd if he - and this dream staff - are let go

Miracle '21 class? In what way pray tell?

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Getting out of trouble is BIG...JS did not have much ability and pulled the plug too soon.  Looking forward to how Bo deals with a pass rush.

Was just wondering because Pattick was probably born like 1973 or 1974 and I know AU was his dream school growing up. 

22 hours ago, CR said:

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus is finally learning little something about that grand old concept of gamesmanship. 

Oregon gonna be cramming in Joey prep after dinner. 

Archived