***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

augolf1716

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Hopefully in that time we will be talking about how amazing Bo is...

It won't be that he runs a 4.4 I don't care how amazing a QB he is.....

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree. Another thing to add. The same could be said for Joey, though maybe not to that extent. He was committed to us forever, and we went through some tough times and what looked like a sure fire coaching change and he never waivered. These things make me appreciate both of these guys so much. War Damn

Absolutely. Again not to take anything away. just seeing little Bo as a child in the jersey at the BCS game in 2010 reminded me of myself from 1980's watching Bo Jackson. I remember at that age wanting so badly to play for Auburn. Words cannot describe the feelings and the bond. To me its always been more then my team and my school, but my home... I would have given anything to dress out with the team and sit the bench in college. 2013 kick six i was on the 50 yard line in tears. You just cant describe the emotions and the pride.. Its something we as fans share and why we hug strangers in Jordan Hare after a good play. Love this team and this sport.

54 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What if he does run a 4.6 though lol

Lol don't worry. Worry if our hb's and wr's can though

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What if he does run a 4.6 though lol

It wouldn’t be shocking if he could indeed run a 4.6 40. But that is neither here nor there. We aren’t placing a 4x100 team here. I want to see him make all the throws on the field and handle pressure doing it. 

I don't care if he runs a 10.2 - 40.  Good decisions, execute, be accurate and timely.  Not going to lie, I'm more excited about Bo than I was of even Cam and Nick Marshall...I think the only other QB I was close to being as excited about was J. Campbell.

On 8/26/2019 at 8:50 AM, gr82b4au said:

I know people are trying to find a comparison but Bo Nix is not Manziel, or Mayfield, etc... He WILL be very good, maybe even great. But those QBs won a Heisman. Let's slow the expectations a little (lot), at least until he is a sophomore hahaha.

I see Bo as being someone that can scramble but he is not even close to as shifty as Manziel. His arm is good and he can be very accurate. He has a quick release and is smart. Those are his best attributes. I think he will be a game manager type QB that can make a lot of throws and can scramble out of necessity. I don't think you will see many "wow" moments but over time you will be impressed on just his ability to see the field and move the chains.  If I was to make a comparison I would say he is like Fromm at uga maybe? 

You said stop with the comparisons and wait to see him play to know how good he’ll be, and then you did both of those things! 😂 

1 minute ago, toddc said:

You said stop with the comparisons and wait to see him play to know how good he’ll be, and then you did both of those things! 😂 

Haha yep. Well, at least I only compared him to QB that has not won a Heisman. 

YASSS! 🙌🏻

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I’m now a fan of this account. The first couple posts are strong. 

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

YASSS! 🙌🏻

Several on here, have no idea what you’re talking about.  Awesome post!

Not a Twitter guy, so couple questions...

Is this his legit account?  If so, I love the War of States' Rights reference.  Clever.

However.....why's he wearing a Yankee coat in the picture?

9 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Is this his legit account?  If so, I love the War of States' Rights reference.  Clever.

It’s a parody account. There was a “Capt Andrew Luck” account and this seems to be a play off of it. The luck account did a retirement and everything. 

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you.......was thinking same about coat.

14 hours ago, aubearcat said:

YASSS! 🙌🏻

I am so happy to see this. The Captain Andrew Luck Twitter is probably my fav account on Twitter, and I was sad that we won’t see updates. 

True Facts:

Bo is a TF and will make mistakes.  

Anyone with even a hint of credibility has said Bo is fast and can make plays with his feet as well as his arm.  

Bo is an AU legacy who has been dreaming of this moment his entire life.  You can not be an AU fan and not be rooting big time for this kid.

There are 2 or 3 posters who will complain about Bo’s performance, even if he breaks the single game QBR record and we win by 50.  

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Borrowed it from a Billy yank captured at First Manassas.

Fun fact... At the time of that battle, uniform colors were not established yet so many Southern units still did have blue unis and some northern units wore gray academy unis so there was a LOT of confusion early in the war.

Anyway....

War Eagle Capt. Bo Nix!!!

Archived