5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Just heard that Halen is skipping college to turn pro. BTW, he was gonna pick between Auburn or Memphis.

What a halftime show we could have had if only...

Screenshot_20200416-124147~2.png

@Tiger you were spot on. If this trend continues and def when they finally eliminate the 1 and done rule this will greatly effect us. The blue bloods will have to recruit down a peg from the sure fire one and done guys which means we will be knocked down a peg since we are right below them on where we have been recruiting.

This is a bad day for college basketball but it blows my mind that Jalen wouldn’t want to build a brand in college that gets him a huge shoe deal and other endorsements when he goes into the draft. Ain’t no one finna watch the g-league lol he left a lot of money on the table, but you can’t hate on the kid for going for a 6 figure deal.

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

Wow! This is going to be awful for college basketball. 

@#$& the G league.

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

Wow! This is going to be awful for college basketball. 

Eh, not really. The top guys might go to that route but you'll still have the players who aren't for sure OAD signing with college teams. Just means the REALLY good coaches and developers will shine even more and the coaches who rely on talent rather than coaching will have more trouble. I'm confident that we have one of the coaches and developers. ;)

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

@#$& the G league.

It's not pretty but this is how the NCAA gets on board with NIL reform. 

14 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Just heard that Halen is skipping college to turn pro. BTW, he was gonna pick between Auburn or Memphis.

Just waiting for the band to get back out on tour

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who'd we miss on because of Green? 

Maybe some Grad Transfers but there’s still a crap-ton quality options out there 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Eh, not really. The top guys might go to that route but you'll still have the players who aren't for sure OAD signing with college teams. Just means the REALLY good coaches and developers will shine even more and the coaches who rely on talent rather than coaching will have more trouble. I'm confident that we have one of the coaches and developers. ;)

But like @Tiger touched on. The blue bloods of the world will now be getting the top prospects who aren't one and done. Which shifts everyone else's talent pool down a level. That's what sucks.

I know OAD's and having a top prospect sign with Auburn is a huge thing but man, give me 4-5 players like Austin Wiley, Bryce Brown, and Horace Spencer. Players who buy into a program and coach, work their asses off, and improve their game. I'll take those 3 over some of these OAD's any day of the week.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

But like @Tiger touched on. The blue bloods of the world will now be getting the top prospects who aren't one and done. Which shifts everyone else's talent pool down a level. That's what sucks.

But again, the coaches have to develop them. We've all seen what Bruce can do with less talent, I'm not sure the same can be said for the other coaches. At least not for a very long time.

27 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I wonder how many grad transfers waiting for his decision cost us

Nobody the staff desperately wanted 

38 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He picked a quiet time, midnight PST time (2 am CST), not noon today, to limit any blow back. Smart. As someone stated earlier, JG would look a little better if he admitted this whole coronavirus thing is hurting his family and the G League offer blew him away. None of this was on the radar at all until the last few weeks/months. In the end, glad he didn't go to Memphis. I hope we learned a lesson from this song and dance. Plenty of low 5 and high 4 stars out there. Unless one happens to be immediately available, crash the grad transfer market. We need guards in a big way.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Like, do we get a Mustapha Heron if the Dukes of the world are recruiting him? 

Lucky for us we have an elite recruiter AND developer at HC. We will be fine but this will hurt us some but not any more or less than other programs in our tier. 

What also sucks about this Jalen decision is that we aren't celebrating the freak that JT Thor is! That kid is going to be special I'm starting the fan club right now just FYI

God forbid anything takes attention away from the WNBA draft!!!!! 😂😂

🙏🙌 Please pleaaaaaase somehow someway let Greg Brown end up at AU. I don't want coop, Bruce and the staff to come up empty handed in their efforts to add a elite talent running mate next to him. #basketballisworseintexas

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Tiger you were spot on. If this trend continues and def when they finally eliminate the 1 and done rule this will greatly effect us. The blue bloods will have to recruit down a peg from the sure fire one and done guys which means we will be knocked down a peg since we are right below them on where we have been recruiting.

Not necessarily. those kids probably stay in college longer which means at worst we can get that peg the next year. Onus there’s only about 5 or 6 blue bloods so it won’t have a great affect on us anyway while Bruce is here.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

God forbid anything takes attention away from the WNBA draft!!!!! 😂😂

They still play????

Also, if we're already recruiting a peg down from the blue bloods, and they and we all have to move down a peg b/c of this... ?

Anyway. I'm still glad we went hard after this guy. I haven't seen any compelling evidence that it was a mistake. Sounds like it's possible that Bruce might have made a mistake by not talking to other guys, too, but it's my impression that that was a choice and not a mutually exclusive endeavor rendered impossible by our recruitment of Green. Could be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What also sucks about this Jalen decision is that we aren't celebrating the freak that JT Thor is!

I was thinking about that earlier. Double BS, stealing the shine off that massive signing. 

💯👌🐐😍🤗💘

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

*insert everything is fine meme*
Its just turning into paid AAU squad 

I bet this won't be the end of this. I know that UK player turned down that offer, but if this pandemic keeps going you could see a lot of these high 5 stars moving on. Doesn't matter what they say until the season starts.

Archived