5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

💯👌🐐😍🤗💘

After all of this, I freaking love this kid more and more. So much respect for him to stay true to Auburn through everything.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Okoro, Cooper, and every other Auburn NBA players outshine Green. That’s about the only thing I’ll continue to follow. 

Well time to go to sleep on this cursed thread for now!!! Lol 

downloadfile-1.png

Can't blame the kid for going to get a nice $500,000 check along with likely endorsement money on his way to the NBA. Don't think we could match that offer even with our boosters haha. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well time to go to sleep on this cursed thread for now!!! Lol 

downloadfile-1.png

@GwillMac6 Need this in the 50 Cent gif with him driving the car & Reuben sleeping in the back.

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

Wow! This is going to be awful for college basketball. 

It might save college sports if it forces the NCAA to relax some of the amateurism BS.

Shoot, for a million he absolutely should go play in the G League. Took me 3 years of work to make that kind of money. 

45 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Shoot, for a million he absolutely should go play in the G League. Took me 3 years of work to make that kind of money. 

Me too. And about 3 months to go through it on blow and hookers.

He made the right choice. It’s prime earning years and he needs to get his while he can. College can wait. Hope he sees his dreams come true. 

4 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Me too. And about 3 months to go through it on blow and hookers.

I feel a Vegas trip comin on....if the Governor ever lets me out of my house again. 

9B6BC120-1B61-48D3-8730-B3A362FC05A4.png

Jalen:   Best of luck man, sorry you won't be with Shariffe and The Fighting Pearls next March.

Now for those in the know:  do we draw a line and just not recruit the top 5 kids in the class?  Weird deal.

I have an answer for all this mess:

MLB, NBA and NFL  - can't draft anyone for 2 yrs, no minor league - nothin'.

Univ and colleges have a 2 yr program with a sole focus on prepping these kids on how to choose agents, make decisions, use social media, accounting for millionaires, basic investing, basic rental agreements....you get the idea.  That way these athletic freaks are actually prepared to be instant millionaires and we aren't pretending to be students.

What if the kid isn't drafted after 2 years?  Great question:  those courses are set up where the student athlete can continue to pursue a basic business degree or General Studies.  

See?  I am not just a pretty face! 

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

Jalen:   Best of luck man, sorry you won't be with Shariffe and The Fighting Pearls next March.

Now for those in the know:  do we draw a line and just not recruit the top 5 kids in the class?  Weird deal.

Univ and colleges have a 2 yr program with a sole focus on prepping these kids on how to choose agents, make decisions, use social media, accounting for millionaires, basic investing, basic rental agreements....you get the idea.  That way these athletic freaks are actually prepared to be instant millionaires and we aren't pretending to be students.

What if the kid isn't drafted after 2 years?  Great question:  those courses are set up where the student athlete can continue to pursue a basic business degree or General Studies.  

Why not let a kid earn a living with his skills whenever he wants? If a kid develops software at 16 and sells it on the App Store and makes a million dollars and some tech company or startup offers him a six-figure job with the idea he had to drop out of high school, should he be forced to turn them down?

11 hours ago, jared52 said:

He made the right choice. It’s prime earning years and he needs to get his while he can. College can wait. Hope he sees his dreams come true. 

Totally agree. I really don't understand the posts saying he left money on the table. It's clear that the G league is now a viable platform to earn NBA money. 

I don't like the way he handled it, but maybe I'm just butthurt. 

As for prior discussion of  building his brand and endorsements, he'll still get that paper if the shoe companies like his potential. I'd venture a guess that it's more about that than existing resume for most guys except the occasional freak like Zion. The NBA is a superstar league, but I'm not sure that the college game is in terms of household name recognition. 

The only way the NCAA can stop or slow down kids from skipping college basketball or baseball is to pay these guys. The same is true for guys leaving college early to enter the NFL draft after just 2 to 3 years of playing college football.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, jared52 said:

Why not let a kid earn a living with his skills whenever he wants? If a kid develops software at 16 and sells it on the App Store and makes a million dollars and some tech company or startup offers him a six-figure job with the idea he had to drop out of high school, should he be forced to turn them down?

I am not going to argue with anyone, but I would guess 90% of the high schoolers coming out are not socially and cognitively equipped to handle the temptations and decisions that come with $500k or a million dollars/yr before they are 19-20 yrs old.  also,  most high schoolers drafted before the one and done rule came out, most did not get a second NBA contract.  

My restrictive plan sets them up to handle those dollars and decisions at 20 yrs old.  Their athletic skill set will not diminish.  I think it is a morally responsible approach.  If I lost you - remember, under my plan they are not wasting their time in Literature class or Chemistry; they are taking a tailored 2 yr program to get ready for the challenges that await them so they don't get fleeced by an agent or similar.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:07 PM, Beaker said:

Now why would anyone forfeit six figures for two years of that, especially if they aren't getting paid? And why would any professional league agree to that?

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now why would anyone forfeit six figures for two years of that, especially if they aren't getting paid? And why would any professional league agree to that?

I typed this somewhere:  nobody will do it voluntarily of course if they believe they will develop as well or as quickly.  

Why? NBA would have to have the rule of course.

Why?  The NBA had way too many kids never getting second contracts and getting shipped off to Europe never to be seen again.

Personally - I think it morally right:  help the kid (18 yr old) get some skills in making decisions, learn how not to be fleeced by an agent, basic accounting and basic investing.  2 yr program focused on them getting ready for NBA/NFL etc and all the money that follows.   So now he is 20 and going to the NBA to make millions....and ready to be an adult.  

33 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I typed this somewhere:  nobody will do it voluntarily of course if they believe they will develop as well or as quickly.  

Why? NBA would have to have the rule of course.

Why?  The NBA had way too many kids never getting second contracts and getting shipped off to Europe never to be seen again.

Personally - I think it morally right:  help the kid (18 yr old) get some skills in making decisions, learn how not to be fleeced by an agent, basic accounting and basic investing.  2 yr program focused on them getting ready for NBA/NFL etc and all the money that follows.   So now he is 20 and going to the NBA to make millions....and ready to be an adult.  

So basically this won’t happen then? Lol. This benefits the NBA in no way possible . In fact , the NBA wants the top prospects going down that pathway, that’s why they made this viable. It was reported that Adam silver did not like the fact that prospects like Ball and RJ Hampton went overseas. Morally right ?  I don’t know where you are going with this. I don’t think the NCAA in its format is anyway near moral and I definitely don’t think having them have to go to school for two years plays into morality but to each their own. 

Also, (maybe someone already said this) I wonder if AU likely going online for all classes in the fall meant he wouldn’t get the college experience anyway. 

Archived