The Blame

AUght2win

19 hours ago, bg5 said:

I think there are maybe 4 teams in the country that could pull that off so I think there is probably more room for error on that. I thought at the beginning of the year he could only lose 3 and be ok but now if these other games are close loses I think he survives. It does seem to move that they have moved forward this year.

Maybe. But Gus has created this problem for himself. He is the one who has but his back against the wall. IMO, close losses to lsu, uga and bama if Gus was going into lsu at 7-0. Now he needs to win one of these.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

If I recall our passer rating is better at this point than last year at this point, which to me was impressive considering this year we have a true freshmen QB and last year we had a NFL bound QB.  I was shocked when Stat posted that.

What was our passer rating for last Saturday?  Auburn is going to have to improve in that category going forward.  It will be interesting to see how Gus adjusts during the bye week and beyond. 

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What is your impression half way through the season?  I remembered you said you would not comment until after the Florida game.  Thanks in advance!

Gus was on a roll. Then the UF game and his O like a clown show again. Two steps forward and 5 steps back. Now on to lsu.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

What was our passer rating for last Saturday?  Auburn is going to have to improve in that category going forward.  It will be interesting to see how Gus adjusts during the bye week and beyond. 

I honestly have no idea.  That is one statistic I don't really follow.

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How is none of this on Gus? Gus is in charge. He is the head coach. He is payed big time money to make stuff like this not happen time after time. The IF we played a 1/2 way clean game stuff is just what it is, IF's. The IF's have to stop and Gus and his players have to preform. You can not keep looking like a high school JV team 4 to 5 times a year on offense and keep costing this team wins. It has to stop. If Gus can't get it done then he will be replaced.

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not QB or OL. The two that matter more than most.

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looks to me it's folks like you who are making up all of the excuses. No matter how bogus they are. Only thing anyone can really do now on both sides is watch the season play out. Started good but that UF game set Gus back. It was an absolute clown show on offense again in a time where the offense didn't need to look like a clown show. 

War Damn Facts

We will get right and win the Arkansas game handily. However, we really need to beat LSU as I don't see us being capable of handling UGA or Bama. IMO, If Gus were to lose all three of those games, he will probably be packing his bags. Cannot imagine the innumerable pressure he is feeling right now.

44 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Maybe. But Gus has created this problem for himself. He is the one who has but his back against the wall. IMO, close losses to lsu, uga and bama if Gus was going into lsu at 7-0. Now he needs to win one of these.

You could be right. I am just giving my opinion. But I do totally agree Gus put himself in this position that there is a question.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We will get right and win the Arkansas game handily. However, we really need to beat LSU as I don't see us being capable of handling UGA or Bama. IMO, If Gus were to lose all three of those games, he will probably be packing his bags. Cannot imagine the innumerable pressure he is feeling right now.

Personally, I am prepared for a skull dragging at LSU. If we lose all three (God I hope not) and they look similar to Saturday I don't see how he survives. I'm hoping against hope he can figure it out but a decade's worth of football games says those odds are long. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Where are you getting this from?  Everything thing I've seen shows them markedly better than last year.   They blocked well enough against UF to win in the 4th quarter and can't help Gus' poor play calling and that Nix is as accurate as Kodi Burns.  Opened up some nice holes for Boobee late in that game.

46 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Where are you getting this from?  Everything thing I've seen shows them markedly better than last year.   They blocked well enough against UF to win in the 4th quarter and can't help Gus' poor play calling and that Nix is as accurate as Kodi Burns.  Opened up some nice holes for Boobee late in that game.

they did. and when we got in the red zone......3 straight passes.

:slapfh:

48 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Personally, I am prepared for a skull dragging at LSU. If we lose all three (God I hope not) and they look similar to Saturday I don't see how he survives. I'm hoping against hope he can figure it out but a decade's worth of football games says those odds are long. 

I really want to se how LSU performs against UF this weekend before I conclude my fears or hopes. 

57 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

They are not any better than they were last year. The coaches are trying to mask them and put them in better situations. Sometimes it works but if they have to line up and beat the man in front of them they are not any better than last year. Also Tega won't be any better than 80% all year.

31 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

i get the feeling they win by 20.

That would be a really bad luck for several reasons . 

30 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

They are not any better than they were last year. The coaches are trying to mask them and put them in better situations. Sometimes it works but if they have to line up and beat the man in front of them they are not any better than last year. Also Tega won't be any better than 80% all year.

I assume you say this because he is injured.  What is hurting him?

9 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Wde is mad, real mad

I mean, did you watch the game on Saturday? 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I personally think UGA is not that special. They are a run first team and we have stopped the run cold (other than the freak play with Perine) all year. Gus needs to win that one. 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I personally think UGA is not that special. They are a run first team and we have stopped the run cold (other than the freak play with Perine) all year. Gus needs to win that one. 

Yeah it seems like it’s a split between how people feel about them. On the surface level they look balance to me but I have no statistics to back that up tbh.

42 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What people fail to see is that teams know we have a good defensive line, so they aren’t going to line and try to run it down our throats.    Good teams , open up with quick short passes to open up the run game.   It happens every game against anyone with a QB.    Hell, it even happened with a QB who couldn’t start on his high school team.   Fromm, Tua and Burrow will quick slant on us all day until the dline is on its heels, and then will begin to run the ball late in the game.   It’s been the MO against AU for years.   

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We are better on the OL than last year. It’s not a great by any means but it’s still better than last year’s. Also Stidham  became a shell of what he could be last year remember.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

They are not any better than they were last year.

Agree to disagree. Everything else I’ve seen from people knew a lot more about football than me has said the line is better across-the-board other than Kim still being a witness at  center.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Agree to disagree. Everything else I’ve seen from people knew a lot more about football than me has said the line is better across-the-board other than Kim still being a witness at  center.

I wonder if they did fire Gus if anyone could be successful next year with an all new O'line. I agree it's not good but I do think it's better than last year. I just worry that we will have a good Def., good skill playersand an even worse line next year. Hopefully we can get some transfers but we may have to play some freshman.

1 minute ago, bg5 said:

I wonder if they did fire Gus if anyone could be successful next year with an all new O'line.

Could there be a better situation to walk into as a new coach? Zero expectations because NFL drafted our D-line, and no returning starters on our O-line? Then instead of going 12-2 and a drop off to mediocrity, he could start mediocre and begin a steady ascent.

Archived