The Blame

AUght2win

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

The exact same could be said about UT last year.

Touche but we are better at most every position than last year.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus has only finished in the top 10 once and it was his first year where he choked away a National Championship and sullied a miracle year by going conservative.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:20 PM, AURealist said:

Bo reached the point of being overwhelmed, where he felt solely responsible for the game, and it shut his thought processes down.  Every play became an act of desperation.  Nothing good was going to happen after that.  Gus needed to head that off by pulling him for a few series and settling him down.  

Nailed it !! Bo needed to gather himself. Bo had never experienced anything like the atmosphere he had to deal with in the swamp. This kid is going to be a great asset to us in the future. I agree that Gus should have sat him for a series or two and let Joey get HIS feet wet under the pressure Bo was gong through. We have the toughest schedule in college football. IMO we can only benefit from this in the future. 👍.

WDE!!! till I die.

3 hours ago, Carnell said:

You can call it nonsense all you want but a game plan can give a player a chance to be successful or retard his play.  While I am not saying that some of the errors made by Bo was not self inflicted a lot were due to the game plan and playcalling.  

For instance, the safety over the top interception was on Bo but if Gus had run a TE over the middle to occupy the safety would have helped the offense.

The gameplan consisted mostly streak routes and routes that that are slow developing with out shorter and immediate routes and no passing over the middle then that cuts down a large part of the field that the defense has to cover.  The routes were longer routes into blitzes and put Bo under duress.  You could have put Gatewood in under those conditions an the results would have been the same.

The thing about it is there were intermediate routes. There were routes in the middle of the field.....just like the Oregon game. We just missed those plays and now you're saying they weren't available when they actually were

Nobody should be searching for any one person to place blame on but with that being said you won't find ANYBODYcompletely innocent.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody should be searching for any one person to place blame on but with that being said you won't find ANYBODYcompletely innocent.

The loss in a nutshell. 

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Sorry but there is an agenda by many folks and they are looking for any excuse....and no matter how bogus....Gonna be a long season if you are looking for any reasoned analysis. 

Are you happy being average? 8-4 good enough for you? Constantly losing to teams due to being outcoached, does that make you happy? If so, you keeping standing by yo' man

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Sorry but there is an agenda by many folks and they are looking for any excuse....and no matter how bogus....Gonna be a long season if you are looking for any reasoned analysis. 

I respect your dilemma. Unfortunately when placing blame you have to decide Gus or Bo....I respect you stepping up making the hard decision. I saw you trying to manipulate it and circumvent the situation.....good try

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Are you happy being average? 8-4 good enough for you? Constantly losing to teams due to being outcoached, does that make you happy? If so, you keeping standing by yo' man

Yes he is. He has made it abundantly clear he is super happy at 8-4 with Mickey Mouse offense.

8 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I would say it is because they are coached by a below average o-line coach.

It's a combination of that and them just not being very good.  It'll take 3-4 good recruiting classes to fix where we're at now.

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It's a combination of that and them just not being very good.  It'll take 3-4 good recruiting classes to fix where we're at now.

I have pointed out to a couple of friends, we could bring Meyer  in next season, he would still have to deal  with a poor o-line

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Wasn't all Gus' fault and I didn't say it was. Florida D blew up Gus' first 10-15 plays. Our D kept us from getting blown out in the first half. 2nd half was on the players mostly, but Gus' mistake in the 2nd half was not sitting Bo down for a couple of series. That's on him. I'm not on a witch hunt for Gus. Just calling it like it is.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:28 AM, around4ever said:

Seriously POD?  WTH is that about?  I'm not always right, neither are you.  But, to say I am "always dead wrong" is way out of line.  

We have seen it too many times, we keep mediocre coaches too long.   He should have been fired last year with the same record we are destined for this year. 

Sorry about that.  I have to confess I thought I was looking at a comment from auburn4ever, obviously he's the one that's always dead wrong.  Terribly sorry for the mix up, I won't do that again. 

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

My point was UT is out in the middle of no man's land.

Just like "the money is in the bank" this comment is more of the same.  UT's problem is going from bad to worse in the AD chair.

• 147 miles to Lexington-Fayette, KY.
  • 155 miles to Atlanta, GA.
  • 161 miles to Nashville, TN.
  • 179 miles to Charlotte, NC.
  • 189 miles to Louisville, KY.
  • 223 miles to Cincinnati, OH.
  • 231 miles to Greensboro, NC.
  • 233 miles to Birmingham, AL.  

16 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Now that I get it, I'll try to be more supportive from now on. Frankly, I just don't see how anyone could be the least bit disappointed in the results we've seen from Malzahn. I mean, gosh he loves Auburn so much he's coaching for the bargain price of only 49 million dollars. Auburn could probably scour the country far, and wide, and not find another coach who could have the kind of success he's had against our three biggest rivals, not to mention that 4-3 record against Mississippi State! 

Come on man, how many eggs do you have to see a hen lay before you figure out it's not a rooster? 

Geez.

go scramble ya up some eggs and add some cheese eagle............i stand by my comments.

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

Unfortunately Gus put himself in a position where people can be totally unreasonable in the expectations and he is going to have to pull something great off in order for that to change. I hope he can do it because that's good for Auburn. Sadly there are many on here that would wish bad things for Auburn in order to get Gus fired. I'm a fan of the University not one person. But unlike so many I do like Gus but if he can't do the job and it's better for Auburn then I'm ok with whatever happens. The thing that concerns me is that at my age I know that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I look at Alabama's schedule and they only play two hard games the whole year. If we played that same schedule we would only have LSU and Alabama as hard games. Instead we play 5 top ten teams and possibly two more top 20. I honestly believe that there isn't a team in the country that would go through our schedule without one or two loses.

15 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm pretty sure Aubie's hands are clean on this one.

15 hours ago, cole256 said:

This post should be highlighted and put into every thread.  100% dead on.  It is frustrating when people look for a scapegoat and pin everything on that one person.

19 hours ago, bg5 said:

Gus didn't make the mistakes that cost us this game. Interceptions, fumbles, falling down on clear touchdowns, dropped passes, mishandling punts, fights and penalties none of that is on Gus. If we play a 1/2 way clean game we win. Change just two of those errors and we win.

How is none of this on Gus? Gus is in charge. He is the head coach. He is payed big time money to make stuff like this not happen time after time. The IF we played a 1/2 way clean game stuff is just what it is, IF's. The IF's have to stop and Gus and his players have to preform. You can not keep looking like a high school JV team 4 to 5 times a year on offense and keep costing this team wins. It has to stop. If Gus can't get it done then he will be replaced.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How is none of this on Gus? Gus is in charge. He is the head coach. He is payed big time money to make stuff like this not happen time after time. The IF we played a 1/2 way clean game stuff is just what it is, IF's. The IF's have to stop and Gus and his players have to preform. You can not keep looking like a high school JV team 4 to 5 times a year on offense and keep costing this team wins. It has to stop. If Gus can't get it done then he will be replaced.

What is your impression half way through the season?  I remembered you said you would not comment until after the Florida game.  Thanks in advance!

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

Looks to me it's folks like you who are making up all of the excuses. No matter how bogus they are. Only thing anyone can really do now on both sides is watch the season play out. Started good but that UF game set Gus back. It was an absolute clown show on offense again in a time where the offense didn't need to look like a clown show. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not QB or OL. The two that matter more than most.

If I recall our passer rating is better at this point than last year at this point, which to me was impressive considering this year we have a true freshmen QB and last year we had a NFL bound QB.  I was shocked when Stat posted that.

Archived