The Blame

AUght2win

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not saying I agree with the decision but if all four losses are close I don’t see the people in charge making that call to pay out the $26 million it would cost even though yes I know the money is there. I think at least one loss may have to be a blowout before the plug may be pulled on Gus.

I know folks here think I'm full of crap but the buyout money is in the bank. Was last year and there again this year. Just not hearing for folks like last year. Letting Gus do his thing with no distractions. Still of the opinion that Gus has to win one against the big three to stay at AU. Gus might have been safe at 9-3 with losses to the big three as long as he didn't get embarrassed in JHS. Now, not so much.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, im4aual said:

I'm amazed how many people want us to become Tennessee

Can we just stop with this nonsense. The AU situation isn't anything or won't become anything like UT's has. Not matter if AU hired Pruitt as the HC. Lane Kiffin as the OC and Derek Dooley as the WR coach. They have a problem that can only be solved by moving the school. Just like another school in Nebraska.

AU could recruit within 200 miles of the school and get top SEC level talent. Plus AU's network of coaches within this network and within Florida.

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

We are all special in God's eyes.

I get it you don't like anyone who disagrees with you. Thats ok though I read most of your comments and will continue to. You are not someone I would put on Ignore. Carry on and have a fine day!

no sir you have it wrong. if you are going to make fun of us loyalists like it is a bad thing i will speak up. what you may not realize is we want to win and are just as frustrated we just choose to be loyal. i have no problems with hardly anyone on the fam. at 64 i can tell you auburn fans went through some really tough times. teams would not play us at home. bama beat us nine times in a rowand that is skipping over the barfield years as well. we just circled the wagons and the fans leaned on each other. at least in my world. look my mom and her family is from auburn. my dad played football for auburn. i want auburn to kick butt and take names. but at the end of the season if they want to replace gus so be it. i just choose a different path to get there. and man i so hope to be special in your eyes ya know? personally i wish you no ill will. thing change from generation to generation and maybe i am not up to the new standard of fan. at the end of the year if they decide to replace gus i will support that as well. just not when games remain........

This game reminded me of the one against Georgia where their linebacker after the game talked about how easy it is to predict our plays if you ignore the eye candy. That stupid 5 players in motion crap did nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This game reminded me of the one against Georgia where their linebacker after the game talked about how easy it is to predict our plays if you ignore the eye candy. That stupid 5 players in motion crap did nothing. 

I do wish we could have seen that trick play Gus was going to run before Mullen got that free timeout.  Why they did not at least charge him the timeout or flag him for challenging something he could not challenge is mind-boggling.  

21 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can we just stop with this nonsense. The AU situation isn't anything or won't become anything like UT's has. Not matter if AU hired Pruitt as the HC. Lane Kiffin as the OC and Derek Dooley as the WR coach. They have a problem that can only be solved by moving the school. Just like another school in Nebraska.

AU could recruit within 200 miles of the school and get top SEC level talent. Plus AU's network of coaches within this network and within Florida.

Move the school? Where to Florida? Sorry I guess I am not quite awake this morning.

14 hours ago, Carnell said:

Gus did not give Bo a chance to be successful.  His play calls were longer pass patterns that take time to develop while  Florida was blitzing.  When Florida ran zone gus would call plays that ran right in the teeth of the zone instead of plays that ran into the open areas of the zone.  I dont care who the quarterback is no one would have been successful with Gus calling those type of plays.

What is this nonsense? Bo has been average to below average all year. He's been missing wide open receivers all year. His reads are very poor. He threw into coverage.

The only fault I have with Gus is not benching Nix and playing Gatewood. Nix was a head case out there and needed to be pulled. 

Any talk of getting rid of Gus when he's went 5-1 with an average freshman QB is silly. Florida's QB was a 3-star prospect with his only P5 offer being Florida, and he didn't fall apart under pressure.  

1st half definitely on Gus for Piss poor coaching. Second half on Bo and Gus. Bo for missing wide open throws and Gus for not taking him out a couple of series and see if Joey could do any better. I thought after the last 2 games that Gus might have turned a page, but after watching that debacle Saturday, it looks like he will never learn. Big Sighhhhhhhhh!!!!

19 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Any talk of getting rid of Gus when he's went 5-1 with an average freshman QB is silly. Florida's QB was a 3-star prospect with his only P5 offer being Florida, and he didn't fall apart under pressure. 

You realize the UF QB has been there 3 years and was playing at home?   guess maybe you don't consider that a BIG advantage?   You are making a major apples to oranges comparison. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You realize the UF QB has been there 3 years and was playing at home?   guess maybe you don't consider that a BIG advantage?   You are making a major apples to oranges comparison. 

Sure its an advantage, but when our QB is over throwing receivers by 10 yards, throwing into coverage, running backwards for 20+ yard sacks, that is not Malzahn's fault. I'm not sure what other plays people want Gus to call. I guess solely quick screens so Nix won't fall apart. I'm not a Gus loyalist, but this loss isn't on him. Nix has had 1 good game all year.

So I’ve purposely avoided this board since Saturday as I can only imagine what was said. That being said here’s my thoughts on who to “blame”.

1. Bo had the worst game of his career. Not entirely his fault but he certainly made some bad throws and decisions.

2. Crowd noise absolutely affected the game. This completely affected the play calling and Gus HAS to do a better job not going vanilla here.

3. Defense played good but not great. In their defense, it’s hard to be great while you’re top 2 pass rushers are being held nearly every play.

4. Oline. Bad, just bad. How much was due to crowd noise? No clue but you can’t play like that and expect to win.

5. Shivers. You have to think the scuffle before the game cost him playing time. No reason for him not to get carries or a screen at the least. 

Good thing it’s all fixable but the questions is will it be fixed?

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know folks here think I'm full of crap but the buyout money is in the bank. Was last year and there again this year. Just not hearing for folks like last year. Letting Gus do his thing with no distractions. Still of the opinion that Gus has to win one against the big three to stay at AU. Gus might have been safe at 9-3 with losses to the big three as long as he didn't get embarrassed in JHS. Now, not so much.

That means all  of the boosters have to be i agreement doesn't it?

3 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

What is this nonsense? Bo has been average to below average all year. He's been missing wide open receivers all year. His reads are very poor. He threw into coverage.

The only fault I have with Gus is not benching Nix and playing Gatewood. Nix was a head case out there and needed to be pulled. 

Gus does not know how to develop a QB.   Period. How much more evedence do you need.  I see Nix making some of the same mistakes as Jeremy johnson.

46 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

So I’ve purposely avoided this board since Saturday as I can only imagine what was said. That being said here’s my thoughts on who to “blame”.

1. Bo had the worst game of his career. Not entirely his fault but he certainly made some bad throws and decisions.

2. Crowd noise absolutely affected the game. This completely affected the play calling and Gus HAS to do a better job not going vanilla here.

3. Defense played good but not great. In their defense, it’s hard to be great while you’re top 2 pass rushers are being held nearly every play.

4. Oline. Bad, just bad. How much was due to crowd noise? No clue but you can’t play like that and expect to win.

5. Shivers. You have to think the scuffle before the game cost him playing time. No reason for him not to get carries or a screen at the least. 

Good thing it’s all fixable but the questions is will it be fixed?

I would say it is because they are coached by a below average o-line coach.

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, Gus needed to be 7-0 going in to LSU. Drop that one and get one from uga and bama at home and he was safe. After last Saturday, little room for error now with the big 3.

I think there are maybe 4 teams in the country that could pull that off so I think there is probably more room for error on that. I thought at the beginning of the year he could only lose 3 and be ok but now if these other games are close loses I think he survives. It does seem to move that they have moved forward this year.

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

Gus does not know how to develop a QB.   Period. How much more evedence do you need.  I see Nix making some of the same mistakes as Jeremy johnson.

Gus hired someone as an OC who is supposed to be able to develop QB's since Nix is a true freshman you can't blame everything about him all on Gus. He had a bad game as true freshman often do. It's amazing that a lose to a top 10 team has set so much off.

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

1st half definitely on Gus for Piss poor coaching. Second half on Bo and Gus. Bo for missing wide open throws and Gus for not taking him out a couple of series and see if Joey could do any better. I thought after the last 2 games that Gus might have turned a page, but after watching that debacle Saturday, it looks like he will never learn. Big Sighhhhhhhhh!!!!

Gus didn't make the mistakes that cost us this game. Interceptions, fumbles, falling down on clear touchdowns, dropped passes, mishandling punts, fights and penalties none of that is on Gus. If we play a 1/2 way clean game we win. Change just two of those errors and we win.

3 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Gus didn't make the mistakes that cost us this game. Interceptions, fumbles, falling down on clear touchdowns, dropped passes, mishandling punts, fights and penalties none of that is on Gus. If we play a 1/2 way clean game we win. Change just two of those errors and we win.

Sorry but there is an agenda by many folks and they are looking for any excuse....and no matter how bogus....Gonna be a long season if you are looking for any reasoned analysis. 

4 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

You can call it nonsense all you want but a game plan can give a player a chance to be successful or retard his play.  While I am not saying that some of the errors made by Bo was not self inflicted a lot were due to the game plan and playcalling.  

For instance, the safety over the top interception was on Bo but if Gus had run a TE over the middle to occupy the safety would have helped the offense.

The gameplan consisted mostly streak routes and routes that that are slow developing with out shorter and immediate routes and no passing over the middle then that cuts down a large part of the field that the defense has to cover.  The routes were longer routes into blitzes and put Bo under duress.  You could have put Gatewood in under those conditions an the results would have been the same.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:49 AM, nixtosanders94 said:

We hired Terry freakin Bowden and Gene freakin Chizik...if that didn’t tuen us into Tennessee then nothing will.

And if UT continues to struggle at least it will affect change in the program at some point, At least they will try to get better. 

Whereas we seem content in mid tier bowl heaven. 

THANK YOU.

Gus has us at our floor basically. The way we recruit this is our floor as a program. We beat up the have nots in the conference (with the occasional slip up) and look like we are inept, on offense, against the teams we judge ourselves against. Unless we get a coach who absolutely bombs in recruiting we aren't going to drift off into UT territory. We won a title with Gene Chizik -- arguably the worst coach in history with a national championship. Our program is a sleeping giant we just need to get a real coach in here.

If a real coach can turn our horrendous basketball program into a real winner imagine what a guy who knows what he's doing can do for our football program.

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

the point is some of you guys do not get it. it is called loyalty. not all sunshine pumpers  are completely happy at times with gus. the point is we are loyal to him as long as he is coach.some of your side wants gus to die to lose his job. another cat said he hoped the ncaa finds violations with our football program.to us to get rid of gus..the football team deserves complete and total support during the season, period. some clowns on this board do not get it.

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Now that I get it, I'll try to be more supportive from now on. Frankly, I just don't see how anyone could be the least bit disappointed in the results we've seen from Malzahn. I mean, gosh he loves Auburn so much he's coaching for the bargain price of only 49 million dollars. Auburn could probably scour the country far, and wide, and not find another coach who could have the kind of success he's had against our three biggest rivals, not to mention that 4-3 record against Mississippi State! 

Come on man, how many eggs do you have to see a hen lay before you figure out it's not a rooster? 

Geez.

6 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

e don't you agree that Gus absolutely CANNOT lose to Ole Miss or Arky?

Yes but I don't think we could lose to those teams if we tried. It really shouldn't be a question or a talking point.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes but I don't think we could lose to those teams if we tried. It really shouldn't be a question or a talking point.

The exact same could be said about UT last year.

Archived