The Blame

AUght2win

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

is it my imagination or do we have members popping in after a loss that have not been here to celebrate the five game winning streak we were enjoying? not one single word about what we do good.none. and yet they wait until a loss to engage in discussion. that is not a fan. i refuse to name folks to avoid a knock down dragged out argument on here. but it is a bad look.........

Who the hell would listen? 

We have far too many members who are still living off a miracle season six years ago, or a couple of home wins against our biggest rivals two years ago. Of course they never think about the fact that we are only winning about 25 percent against the big three. I could come on here, and raise concerns after we struggle with Tulane for three quarters, but no reason to spoil every one's victory party.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's really a bad look is three first Downs in an entire half of football, but maybe it is all on a freshman QB as some have stated. Tell you what, let's wait until Gus has the backup QB of the New England Patriots, and see what he can do with him. 

4 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Ha!  My crystal ball is still in the shop.  A true freshman quarterback played poorly in a hostile environment while facing a superior opponent.  IMAGINE THAT.   Florida is a very, VERY good football team.  We could EASILY beat everybody else on our schedule. We do that from time to time.   I’m going to enjoy watching a very good Auburn football team have a good, maybe great, end of the season.  Florida’s defense is better than LSU, Bama, and Georgia.  MUCH BETTER.  IF YOU CANT SEE THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT. 

:hammerin:       I couldn't find anything to say.

19 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

He’s been beating that dead stupid horse for a while now. We should keep an average coach no matter what because there is risk involved in hiring a new coach, Because, you know, no school EVER improved by doing that...🤦‍♂️

But lots of schools got worse by firing a reasonable coach...or at the least, many paid more money and did not get better...

Go ahead and roll the dice but don't fool yourself into thinking there coaches out there who are gonna beat 4 or 5 top ten programs in a year.

3 hours ago, wde1968 said:

As said previously if Bo's last name wasn't NIX he would have been benched.

Gus did not give Bo a chance to be successful.  His play calls were longer pass patterns that take time to develop while  Florida was blitzing.  When Florida ran zone gus would call plays that ran right in the teeth of the zone instead of plays that ran into the open areas of the zone.  I dont care who the quarterback is no one would have been successful with Gus calling those type of plays.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

is it my imagination or do we have members popping in after a loss that have not been here to celebrate the five game winning streak we were enjoying? not one single word about what we do good.none. and yet they wait until a loss to engage in discussion. that is not a fan. i refuse to name folks to avoid a knock down dragged out argument on here. but it is a bad look.........

This game was so bad that StatTiger has gone AWOL because he might panic the fanbase with the offense grades (all Fs). Is that a bad look as well?

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But lots of schools got worse by firing a reasonable coach...or at the least, many paid more money and did not get better...

Go ahead and roll the dice but don't fool yourself into thinking there coaches out there who are gonna beat 4 or 5 top ten programs in a year.

Well, we know damn well that we have one that won't, so why not take a shot?....I don't get you....You slobber all over Malzahn but have nothing but disdain for Bruce pearl....You don't like winners or something?

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Well, we know damn well that we have one that won't, so why not take a shot?....I don't get you....You slobber all over Malzahn but have nothing but disdain for Bruce pearl....You don't like winners or something?

He’s an idiot. I truly think he doesn’t really believe what he says. He just doesn’t want to give everyone who has been right about Gus all along the satisfaction. That argument he keeps making is literally the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard. As if no school EVER got any better by hiring a new coach. Yes, its a crap shoot. We get that. But we all know what the definition of insanity is right?

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

A few people on this board said they really wanted Taggart in 15. Everyone on here would lose their mind if Gus lined a WR backwards

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

He’s an idiot. I truly think he doesn’t really believe what he says. He just doesn’t want to give everyone who has been right about Gus all along the satisfaction. That argument he keeps making is literally the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard. As if no school EVER got any better by hiring a new coach. Yes, its a crap shoot. We get that. But we all know what the definition of insanity is right?

What an arrogant clown you are.....coaching expert who is relegated to "sharing" your wisdom on a family forum.   :slapfh:   Why aren't you doing this for a living?   Meanwhile, just consider that is an opinion forum....and people are free to disagree...and in my view at least, there is no reason for me or anyone else to believe that your approach is any better or will be better for Auburn.     

As someone noted elsewhere....let's go out and hire a nationally recognized coach who can compete with Nick and Kirby...until then,  I might be the only one,  but an 8-4 record with 5 top 12 teams on the schedule is not that bad. 

Plus it's downright sad to see people claiming that Gus gave Nix the job because of his last name....or that some PTB was pushing him.   

Wondering where the Mods are for that kind of crap. ….must be taking the night off while a handful of cowards with a keyboard spew garbage about our quarterback. 

13 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

This game was so bad that StatTiger has gone AWOL because he might panic the fanbase with the offense grades (all Fs). Is that a bad look as well?

aren't you special suga.........

On 10/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, around4ever said:

8-4 with the losses being to Top 10 teams will not get him fired.  If he wins one of those remaining three Top 10 games he will get an extension.  If he wins two of them, he'll get another nice raise.  We are Auburn. 

8-4 with losses to lsu, uga and bama and you think Gus is safe? With uga and bama at home?

15 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Who the hell would listen? 

We have far too many members who are still living off a miracle season six years ago, or a couple of home wins against our biggest rivals two years ago. Of course they never think about the fact that we are only winning about 25 percent against the big three. I could come on here, and raise concerns after we struggle with Tulane for three quarters, but no reason to spoil every one's victory party.

the point is some of you guys do not get it. it is called loyalty. not all sunshine pumpers  are completely happy at times with gus. the point is we are loyal to him as long as he is coach.some of your side wants gus to die to lose his job. another cat said he hoped the ncaa finds violations with our football program.to us to get rid of gus..the football team deserves complete and total support during the season, period. some clowns on this board do not get it.

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

What an arrogant clown you are.....coaching expert who is relegated to "sharing" your wisdom on a family forum.   :slapfh:   Why aren't you doing this for a living?   Meanwhile, just consider that is an opinion forum....and people are free to disagree...and in my view at least, there is no reason for me or anyone else to believe that your approach is any better or will be better for Auburn.     

As someone noted elsewhere....let's go out and hire a nationally recognized coach who can compete with Nick and Kirby...until then,  I might be the only one,  but an 8-4 record with 5 top 12 teams on the schedule is not that bad. 

Plus it's downright sad to see people claiming that Gus gave Nix the job because of his last name....or that some PTB was pushing him.   

Wondering where the Mods are for that kind of crap. ….must be taking the night off while a handful of cowards with a keyboard spew garbage about our quarterback. 

How do you feel about 6-6 (at best) in 2020 with a new O line and graduation of our DL studs on defense?

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No.

If they fire Pruitt, do you think UT will consider Steele again?  If they do, do you think Steele would interview again since he was already passed over two years ago?

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

8-4 with losses to lsu, uga and bama and you think Gus is safe? With uga and bama at home?

9-3 Gus is safe to go into 2020 as a possible lame duck. 8-4? Depends on how competitive we are in the remaining 3 losses. If we slip up and lose to OM or Arky Jimmy and the AD will be on a plane visiting someone.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

If they fire Pruitt, do you think UT will consider Steele again?  If they do, do you think Steele would interview again since he was already passed over two years ago?

I bet Tee Martin gets the intern HC label then the job. That way Phil will have 100% control of the football team but not be the HC. That is the word going around.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the point is some of you guys do not get it. it is called loyalty. not all sunshine pumpers  are completely happy at times with gus. the point is we are loyal to him as long as he is coach.some of your side wants gus to die to lose his job. another cat said he hoped the ncaa finds violations with our football program.to us to get rid of gus..the football team deserves complete and total support during the season, period. some clowns on this board do not get it.

I was at AU in 1980 when Barfield went 0-6 in conference. Everybody knew he was sure to get fired. Some folks rallied around Barfield but of course we know what happened. Those folks bless their hearts would have been "sunshine pumpers" if we had internet back then. 

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not saying I agree with the decision but if all four losses are close I don’t see the people in charge making that call to pay out the $26 million it would cost even though yes I know the money is there. I think at least one loss may have to be a blowout before the plug may be pulled on Gus.

Whoever predicted war would break out here after the first bad loss was right.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not saying I agree with the decision but if all four losses are close I don’t see the people in charge making that call to pay out the $26 million it would cost even though yes I know the money is there. I think at least one loss may have to be a blowout before the plug may be pulled on Gus.

e don't you agree that Gus absolutely CANNOT lose to Ole Miss or Arky?

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

9-3 Gus is safe to go into 2020 as a possible lame duck. 8-4? Depends on how competitive we are in the remaining 3 losses. If we slip up and lose to OM or Arky Jimmy and the AD will be on a plane visiting someone.

IMO, Gus needed to be 7-0 going in to LSU. Drop that one and get one from uga and bama at home and he was safe. After last Saturday, little room for error now with the big 3.

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

aren't you special suga.........

We are all special in God's eyes.

I get it you don't like anyone who disagrees with you. Thats ok though I read most of your comments and will continue to. You are not someone I would put on Ignore. Carry on and have a fine day!

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, Gus needed to be 7-0 going in to LSU. Drop that one and get one from uga and bama at home and he was safe. After last Saturday, little room for error now with the big 3.

Probably very few of us thought preseason we would be 7-0 going into LSU. I certainly didn't. I think we got too excited about the two top 20 wins setting us up for a letdown.

Archived