LSU game thread

AubWes33

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Me and @bigbird been calling for this since last year....of course I was the only one called dumb for it šŸ˜‚

Well...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUBwins said:

Ahhhhhhhhh stupid decision Gus, leave Gatewood in there for 1 more play. We are not going to get a pass TD inside the 10 against this defense without a gadget play. Just leave the deception of the running QB

Third and goal from the five was an obvious passing situation. Made sense to pull Gatewood out there. Maybe would have sent him in on first down though.

Just now, AUFriction said:

Should have been interference. Man. We canā€™t get a call today.

He slung him down! Right in front of the ref. I donā€™t give a damn if itā€™s ā€œuncatchableā€.

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

How was that not DPI?

Ball wasnā€™t near being catchable.Ā 

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Gatewood in for one freaking play. You could tell he was frustrated coming off the field.

I would be frustrated if I were him.Ā 

Gus kept giving him lip service and playing him in the first 4 games JUST TO KEEP HIM FROM TRANSFERRING EARLY AND NOW WHEN THE TEAM IS SUCKING ON OFFENSE HE DOESNT EVEN GET A CHANCE.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Gatewood in for one freaking play. You could tell he was frustrated coming off the field.

I noticed that as well

If Bo threw a better pass on the third and goal, refs would've called PI. They must've thought it wasn't catchable. Have to be better.Ā 

I think if weā€™re not on a garbage field then we are winning this game. This marshy turf is awful.Ā 

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Perfectly in favor of it. They're acting like Seth Williams is Mike Evans.

He's a 6'3 WR with a moderately high amount of speed and athleticism. The fade doesn't work when they know you're going to throw it.

If we are dead set on throwing fades I would rather they go to Sal Cannella. He's had success with coming down with them in the past as long as it's catch-able.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Third and goal from the five was an obvious passing situation. Made sense to pull Gatewood out there. Maybe would have sent him in on first down though.

No, you keep him in. Its a tendency breaker and also its been established that Gatewood can throw just as IF NOT BETTER AT THIS POINT than Bo.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hey, remember when Shivers had success on outside runs? That was awesome

He was showing serious effort, its so damn aggravating because right after he gets a couple dead inside handoffs

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm seriously wondering if Gus is saving the jump pass for Bama. We could use it here. We should be JG or wildcat exclusive inside the 10.Ā 

That would be so Gus.

Archived