Gatewood

bigbird

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Has to complete one year of academics at UK before he’s eligible. Justin fields was an exception because he was granted a hardship waiver because of alleged racist comments at UGA 

Wonder if Stoops will still be there

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Going to UK...

Guess we finally get to see what he can do next year

Yep....might fit well there.....Don't think UK has had a conventional QB is a while....their QB this year not even listed in the SEC stats...but lots of rushing and they love the wildcat...

20 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

Meh - i’d pull for him if he rode til the end of the season.  If bo went down with an injury we could have been screwed

Well then Gus should have made good on his promises.

Gus clearly had no interest in furthering Joey's development. Joey owed Auburn nothing further and I guarantee you his (former) teammates are still pulling for him.

I hope he rock and rolls up in Lexington.  Auburn needs as much help as possible to keep UGA in check over there.  I’m not real excited about having to deal with 15 years of UGA dominance if this is indeed the beginning of the end for Saban and Bammer.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m not real excited about having to deal with 15 years of UGA dominance if this is indeed the beginning of the end for Saban and Bammer.

JMO but I've seen enough of KS such that I'm not worried about a dynasty over there.....but yep, it would be nice if the East had a couple more problems for UGa and UF. ...but I don't see UK as being the one.    BUT...hope JG does well.  

Just now, AU64 said:

JMO but I've seen enough of KS such that I'm not worried about a dynasty over there.....but yep, it would be nice if the East had a couple more problems for UGa and UF. ...but I don't see UK as being the one.    BUT...hope JG does well.  

All those top classes that Kirby’s brought in are just getting to be upper classmen.  I squarely put their struggles on the new OC.  If they had any sort of dynamic offense they would have smoked everyone this year.  I’ve heard rumors that Kirby is holding the offense back but we should know how rumors go.  This LSU game will be interesting.  

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

All those top classes that Kirby’s brought in are just getting to be upper classmen.  I squarely put their struggles on the new OC.  If they had any sort of dynamic offense they would have smoked everyone this year.  I’ve heard rumors that Kirby is holding the offense back but we should know how rumors go.  This LSU game will be interesting.  

Agree.....IMO but an underperforming team and a QB who regressed. ...which sounds funny for a team ranked in the top 5 but they've had too many close calls which I blame on the coaching strategy.       Expect there will be a new OC... 

I'll be pulling for UK as long as they aren't playing us. For whoever said that UK will make the title game, that's a stretch. UGA, UF, and UT are all going to be much better top to bottom. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree....and SEC East title (losing in SECCG to AU and then the Heisman...Im perfectly ok with that.

I don’t see us going to a title unless we have a new coach but in that hypothetical matchup it’d definitely be a conflict of interests for me

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Well then Gus should have made good on his promises.

Gus clearly had no interest in furthering Joey's development. Joey owed Auburn nothing further and I guarantee you his (former) teammates are still pulling for him.

I would’ve ignored that post entirely lol. The irony alone was too much 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Wonder if Stoops will still be there

He’s turned two offers from FSU down. Have to wait and see.

I wonder why all these powerful contenders went after the super talents of Joey Gatewood but he chose Kentucky?

Does anyone know why?

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I wonder why all these powerful contenders went after the super talents of Joey Gatewood but he chose Kentucky?

Does anyone know why?

Which powerful contenders 

1 hour ago, 1856 said:

What are Wanda and I betting?

Apparently Wanda.  (Be sure and get a look at Wanda first.  Could be one of those situations where you win by losing, and lose by winning. ;) )

14 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Does anyone know why?

Because UK needs a QB badly. They had a WR playing qb. He can win the job, he is still in the SEC and it’s the east. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because UK needs a QB badly. They had a WR playing qb. He can win the job, he is still in the SEC and it’s the east. 

Sounds like good reasons..😀 plus I don't expect they are looking for him to pass for 200 yards a game....

3 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

Meh - i’d pull for him if he rode til the end of the season.  If bo went down with an injury we could have been screwed

lost 3 games we were screwed!

Gatewood will be a HUGE upgrade at QB for UK. I can't wait to see what he can do. I still hate AU lost him but I don't blame him.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

All good reasons. Nobody knows what the situation will be after next year. But that’s the case anywhere you go. I like Kentucky and I like Joey so we’ll see. I just don’t know if they will ever be competing for championships. 

19 minutes ago, alexava said:

All good reasons. Nobody knows what the situation will be after next year. But that’s the case anywhere you go. I like Kentucky and I like Joey so we’ll see. I just don’t know if they will ever be competing for championships. 

A QB can only do so much without a supporting cast and a good defense to go with it. UK wasn´t competing for championships even when they had Tim Couch. But I think UK could build a pretty good offense around Gatewood, if they work with his strengths. I think he will be exciting to watch for sure.

Archived