Gatewood

bigbird

If Gatewood did the things he was supposed to do to be ready to play (no reason to think he did not) then Gus should have kept his word and let him play in situations that he was prepared for. Especially when the offense wasn't getting it done and needed a spark. Maybe Joey provides the spark, maybe he doesn't, but to leave that option on the table was a disservice to the rest of the team when they are "in the game" and one score could flip the script. Why Gus couldn't do that is beyond me but he had nothing to lose by giving him a shot. I mean, if he didn't trust Joey in those situations then why say you have QB 1 and 1A. I'm hoping Joey gets a chance to shine in Kentucky. I'm a Bo fan but like another poster but it wasn't a favorite thing with me. I liked them both and I believe we could have won with both. Joey was loyal to Auburn for a long time. I'm thrilled for him to have to possibility to achieve his dream. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rockfordpi said:

Sure, we would all be better off if we let either the fans or the powers that be at AU make the personnel decisions.

Or someone who knows when a QBs arm is broken.

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

If Gatewood did the things he was supposed to do to be ready to play (no reason to think he did not) then Gus should have kept his word and let him play in situations that he was prepared for. Especially when the offense wasn't getting it done and needed a spark. Maybe Joey provides the spark, maybe he doesn't, but to leave that option on the table was a disservice to the rest of the team when they are "in the game" and one score could flip the script. Why Gus couldn't do that is beyond me but he had nothing to lose by giving him a shot. I mean, if he didn't trust Joey in those situations then why say you have QB 1 and 1A. I'm hoping Joey gets a chance to shine in Kentucky. I'm a Bo fan but like another poster but it wasn't a favorite thing with me. I liked them both and I believe we could have won with both. Joey was loyal to Auburn for a long time. I'm thrilled for him to have to possibility to achieve his dream. 

This is how I feel about Joey, too. I kept hoping that Gus would give him a role, a real role. 

On 12/11/2019 at 10:39 AM, gr82be said:

Imo he didn't want a QB battle so he made it where there was only one

Archived