OL coach

auburn4ever

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bigbird said:

FTR, I've never been on a pay site...well, their boards/forums

I know but I didn’t remember if you were commenting on Steele or not so I didn’t want to incorrectly include you.

9 hours ago, shabby said:

. I'm just saying I dont much entertain them.unless they are from reliable sources. 

The info I saw came from Auburn Reporters on those sites. Generally speaking they are reliable sources.

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

I just don't state anything anymore.

I feel that; the holier than thou posters are something else....if you're going to argue something at least know some stuff about what you're arguing. Lately it's just you are against this person or don't like Auburn or something like that. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I feel that; the holier than thou posters are something else....if you're going to argue something at least know some stuff about what you're arguing. Lately it's just you are against this person or don't like Auburn or something like that. 

I'm just going to assume you are directing this my way.  Heres my view

Rumour posting with agenda is a real thing. So if I choose not to believe every tom dick and harry that has the latest rumour its holier than thou to you? Please. If you dont think that there are people with anti auburn bias out there making bs up on the reg then that's your perspective. Mine is I'll wait for a reputable source and most rumours that come to these boards lack credibility. I mean it was sure thing Gis was being fired 24 times over the last 6 years. And here he is. 

15 minutes ago, shabby said:

I'm just going to assume you are directing this my way.  Heres my view

Rumour posting with agenda is a real thing. So if I choose not to believe every tom dick and harry that has the latest rumour its holier than thou to you? Please. If you dont think that there are people with anti auburn bias out there making bs up on the reg then that's your perspective. Mine is I'll wait for a reputable source and most rumours that come to these boards lack credibility. I mean it was sure thing Gis was being fired 24 times over the last 6 years. And here he is. 

Why would you assume anything I said is directed to you if we haven't had any interactions? No I think the holier than thou guys are the guys on here that will say you hate a player or coach just because you have a criticism, especially when what you say is legit. 

I don't think anybody cares what you do or how you approach reading your information, if anything it's probably you discrediting legit people while you are saying some people aren't reputable sources. There's simply people that love Gus and people that don't....it's theatrical to pretend people are going out of their ways with agendas and such. 

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Never been there, my wife went there on a business trip about 25 years ago. She bought me a golf shirt. I wore that thing until it faded out. That is one course I would have loved to play.

Lots of NFL OL coaches available this week and next. 

Would / could make a big splash with Bro Jones.  

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Lots of NFL OL coaches available this week and next. 

Would / could make a big splash with Bro Jones.  

As long as he doesn't coach for the Jets. I thought for sure I made a big-brain move picking Lev Bell early in the fantasy draft. Turns out it's hard to have any kind of rushing production when 5 cardboard cutouts would make for better replacements on the Offensive line...

Poor Sam Darnald, he shouldn't have to bear the embarrassment for "seeing ghosts"...

On 12/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, auburn4ever said:

Let Malzahn go and let coach Steele be our coach for 2020.

As a head coach at Baylor, Steele record was 9–36 (1–31 in the Big 12 conference). We would have the same "We want a leader, not a Loser!" crowd from day one. The same crowd that hated CGC, Loved CGC, wanted  CGC fired.

This is the same crew that wants to put us on the coaching carousel with Arky and UT.

Oh wait, I keep forgetting, we are a much bigger brand and have way more money to blow than UT and Arky AND the PTB at AU have proved they are way smarter and more adept at hiring and retaining coaches than those doing hiring  at UT and Arky. As a bonus,  we have a much more rational, secure, and less schizo fan base than those other schools so those big name guys will just be lining up to come coach here and recruit in the same state as UAT, sandwiched between LSU and GA.

Just because UT could not get a Gruden or Stoops or Grundy does not mean we will not and when they get here they will mostly  4 and 5 star recruits and hire assistants than can coach 2 star guys up to the same level CNS coaches up his 5 star guys.  Bring on the rainbow Stew and let the good times roll!

Sorry, I got carried away... LOL

On 12/20/2019 at 9:50 AM, CleCoTiger said:

Personally I think JB  Grimes is a fine offensive line coach and about as good a teacher as there is in the coaching ranks, He may not be the best recruiter out there, but then again in years gone by it may not have always been his call about which prospects AU recruited and signed.  I hope he sticks around for a few more years.

He’s a great guy but was in over his head at AU imo. He’d be a great high school coach though 

Some points not widely mentioned. IMO JB was never the same after overcoming his 2015 cancer. Recruiting is an energy-draining and constant chore. Having said that, this group of fifth (5th) year seniors abysmal run blocking this season is a head scratcher (they're pass blocking was ranked 28th - not bad at all). I think Malzahn is loyal to a fault and when he could have looked elsewhere he went w/ JB part deux. War Eagle coach Grimes and thank you for 2013!

Nobody knows anything about how he coaches, techniques used, or even motivation to say grimes can't coach or is in over his head.....we just know results

If we have any data it's that as far as offense EVERY position has stated when they get to the NFL they are behind and they have alot to learn. So from that it seems the offense is simple and basic

It seemed those guys on the line were never mean enough the entire time they were here. Im not an OL coach, so I do not know how much of that can be coached. It may be all coaching, but they always seemed to lack that extra physical attitude it takes to be next level good on a consistent level. I think the players and coaches share the blame, but to what extent, i dont know.

I vote for the Jordan-Hare shrubs. Those things do a great job holding people back most of the time. Rumor has it that two "Karens" are still stuck in them to this day.

Archived