“PETA Kills Animals�

Tigermike

Times Square Billboard Declares: “PETA Kills Animals”

Hypocritical Animal Rights Organization Put 10,000 Animals To Death

New York City -- While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has been hiding its own dirty little secret. PETA kills animals, and visitors to New York’s famed Times Square during the month of May will see a 60-by-60-foot billboard carrying that message, in a rare splashy advertisement that PETA won’t appreciate. Information obtained from the State of Virginia shows that PETA has a long-standing practice of killing thousands of dogs, cats, and other animals at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters.

Along with the billboard, the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom is unveiling a new website -- www.PetaKillsAnimals.com -- where PETA’s hypocritical death toll is on display.

Between 1998 and 2003, PETA put to death over 10,000 dogs, cats, and other creatures that the group publicly calls “companion animals.” Not counting those that PETA held only temporarily -- for spaying or neutering -- the group killed over 85 percent of the animals it took in during 2003.

“PETA raked in nearly $29 million last year,” said Center for Consumer Freedom research director David Martosko, “and much of it was from pet owners who thought their donations actually helped animals. Instead, PETA killed them -- while spending millions on programs equating meat eaters with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting kids into a radical animal-rights lifestyle, and even defending arsonists and other violent extremists.”

Other animal protection agencies near PETA's Virginia headquarters "put down" a much smaller percentage of the animals entrusted to them. In 2003 the Norfolk SPCA found adoptive homes for 73 percent of its animals. The Virginia Beach SPCA adopted out 66 percent. PETA could only manage 14 percent.

“We’re out to tell the truth about PETA,” added Martosko. “This group’s duplicity knows no bounds. PETA accepts animal-lovers’ donations with one hand while administering lethal injections to puppies and kittens with the other. That’s not ‘ethical.’ It’s hypocritical.”

The Center for Consumer Freedom is a nonprofit coalition supported by restaurants, food companies, and consumers, working together to promote personal responsibility and protect consumer choices.

For media comment, contact our media department at 202-463-7112 ext. 136

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressReleas...cfm/release/105

This is about euthenizing strays that can't be adopted out of their animal shelter, right? Nothing unusual about that.

Of course, coming from a buncha folks who just about want to give animals the right to vote, it kinda makes you scratch your head.

Just for a change, I'd like to see them spend as much time empathizing with unemployed members of their own species whose children are going hungry, as they do worrying about the rights of farm critters and lab mice.

This is about euthenizing strays that can't be adopted out of their animal shelter, right?  Nothing unusual about that.

Of course, coming from a buncha folks who just about want to give animals the right to vote, it kinda makes you scratch your head. 

Just for a change, I'd like to see them spend as much time empathizing with unemployed members of their own species whose children are going hungry, as they do worrying about the rights of farm critters and lab mice.

159465[/snapback]

Well...its actually NOT about that. Its about the fact that they euthanized 85% of all the animals they took in. Which means they are taking the cheap way out...instead of taking care of them...even though they JUSTIFY their 29 MILLION dollar income because "taking care of animals is expensive".

Well those farm critters and lab mice save lives. Those lab mice may lead to a cure for cancer or aids. Just for a change, Id love for PETA activist democrats to stop valuing the lives of freaking lab rats over those who have aids.

It always goes back to starving children doesnt it? I would LOVE for you to show me the America that doesnt make provisons for starving kids. WIC, welfare, food stamps...shelters...there are places to get a snack if youre hungry. Then again, there are places to get jobs too. But they are always the victim huh? People cant feed their kids because some angry republican fired a starving worker so he could buy another yacht. Cry me a river.

It always goes back to starving children doesnt it? I would LOVE for you to show me the America that doesnt make provisons for starving kids. WIC, welfare, food stamps...shelters...there are places to get a snack if youre hungry. Then again, there are places to get jobs too. But they are always the victim huh? People cant feed their kids because some angry republican fired a starving worker so he could buy another yacht. Cry me a river.

They're all just lazy.

Archived