How to think about "All Lives Matter"

AURex

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are so ******* clueless.  :laugh:

It would most likely help if you could explain the cluelessness rather than a blanket statement.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, toddc said:

I haven’t said anything about BLM except what they say about themselves and what they stand for and espouse on national television.

Lol ok.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You are so ******* clueless.  :laugh:

I think you have it backwards! 😝 

I think most of you that post on here has a wrong perception of what's going on here. I feel like there's a group of you on here that thinks people are debating you and asking for respect, equality, etc. Please don't think that, I could care less what most of you think and especially people that would literally ask me about other crime when I'm trying to get justice out here. Like I have to earn equality.... 

I just know many of you are older and out of touch and think waving at a black person qualifies you to know how they feel and such.  so I was just letting you know the climate of society and I'm really trying to help. Just letting you know don't think that people are scared. When you hit the I'm tired of hearing this don't think anybody is shutting up. And I also don't want heart attacks when daughters come home with black boyfriends and vice versa. It's inevitable, the pushing false rhetoric and fake history is over. Men will be judged for how they lived their lives, even the people that were made to be heroes that were scum.

Just waiting for people to die out!

I hate to refer to Bama in any positive way. I hate to mention al.com with any respect. But al.com carried the news that Alex Leatherwood, the entire Bama Team, and Saban stood up and said "All lives can't matter until Black lives matter." This is just plain old basic logic that every Auburn student should recognize. And the reality is, Blacks have been suppressed, oppressed, and mistreated since they arrived in this country. The freeing of the slaves was the first step. The Constitutional Amendment and right to vote was the second step. They are now asking us to take the third step to establish equality. It cannot happen as long as the ones with the guns can kill at will and not be held accountable. It will not happen until people of ALL colors, ethnicity, heritage are accepted at true equals.

When I was a student at Auburn, I was proud of the fact that George Wallace never carried Lee County. I am now distressed that Auburn seems to subscribe to the racist rhetoric and hate messaging of Trump.

Archived