Do you think we're gonna go back into lockdown?

KnightTiger

Will we go back into Lockdown due to Covid19 cases continuously spiking?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will we go back into Lockdown

• Yes
    • No

I hope not because I don't think our economy can afford another two-month lockdown. but if cases keep spiking Alabama may not have a choice Montgomery, Mobile and Jefferson are all at 2,000+ cases other counties are following behind those three slowly

was watching local news channel last night I believe it was  WAKA they said Montgomery is considering tougher restrictions and that rumors are tougher restrictions/guidelines will be put in place for the entire state once the stay at home order expires on July 3rd.

What that means is anyones guess

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on my limited observation on how citizens are adhering to basic  ptotective measures I say it’s inevitable that we’ll need to go lock down again. 

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

I hope not because I don't think our economy can afford another two-month lockdown. but if cases keep spiking Alabama may not have a choice Montgomery, Mobile and Jefferson are all at 2,000+ cases other counties are following behind those three slowly

was watching local news channel last night I believe it was  WAKA they said Montgomery is considering tougher restrictions and that rumors are tougher restrictions/guidelines will be put in place for the entire state once the stay at home order expires on July 3rd.

What that means is anyones guess

If everyone would quit whining and wear masks, that would go a long way.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Pretty amazing how simple it is to wear a mask and avoid getting within six feet of others. Washing hands properly and often is also pretty neat. Never cared for the obligatory handshake and do not miss it a bit. Have realized that my previous life took me to numerous "non essential" places and that I touched my face needlessly and often.

If nothing else bet we see flu season much less rampant this year.   

I think economy will  be determined greater than health. Plus with the US in powder keg mode, and it is sad to say, people dying of COVID is the lesser of two evils atm in the eyes of some. Lot of pinned up aggression from lockdowns.

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If I hear one more dumbass try to argue that breathing in your own carbon dioxide is some grave danger from wearing a mask as an excuse to go without one right now, I'm going to slap the stupid out of them.  Do they not realize that people wear these for hours at a time, day after day, all year long?  They're called surgeons, doctors, nurses.  I'll guarantee you if there was serious concern for long term brain damage from wearing a mask for stretches during a day, they wouldn't be doing it.  I think you can handle wearing one during your trip to Kroger for a half hour or so if they can do it most of their day.

That said, I don't know that any politician has the stones (or the political capital) to send everyone back into lockdown, especially considering the financial toll it would have on people who need their jobs and businesses and can't just work from home.

I could see some of the places that have opened up putting in measures like mandatory masks though.  I think that's probably the compromise most people could live with if another big wave were to start up.  Of course we'll always have some yahoos with AR-15's showing up on the capital steps over it.

i think it is coming. and weird we react to this kind of thing. i just read that in japan if someone is sick THEY wear masks as sa courtesy to keep other from getting their cooties. when i worked for the feds they put pressure on employees to come in and work anyway. and you were allowed three days before a doctors excuse was required which they tried to ignore. lots of companies are like that. i guess we look at things different here but why we fuss about this kind of thing is something i will never understand.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

That said, I don't know that any politician has the stones (or the political capital) to send everyone back into lockdown, especially considering the financial toll it would have on people who need their jobs and businesses and can't just work from home.

I could see some of the places that have opened up putting in measures like mandatory masks though.  I think that's probably the compromise most people could live with if another big wave were to start up.  Of course we'll always have some yahoos with AR-15's showing up on the capital steps over it.

These anti-mask “muh rights” MAGA morons are exceptionally skilled at figuratively shooting themselves and their supposed interest in restarting the economy in the foot. 

Keep masks and common sense measures. Don’t shut down again. This is never going away. We can’t just stay locked down. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

These anti-mask “muh rights” MAGA morons are exceptionally skilled at figuratively shooting themselves and their supposed interest in restarting the economy in the foot. 

I don’t think this is a political ideology but stupidity on both sides and the middle of society. 

1 minute ago, creed said:

I don’t think this is a political ideology but stupidity on both sides and the middle of society. 

In my personal circles, anti-mask sentiment leans hard right. And I do mean actual anti-mask sentiment as opposed to sheer laziness. A lot of left-leaning people- mostly millenials, it seems, who have earned a somewhat nihilistic view of their own futures and that of this country and planet- are being irresponsible about wearing a mask but they're not the ones actually showing up in conversations to advocate against it. Again, in my personal experience, that's come from the people who think America is great again. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

In my personal circles, anti-mask sentiment leans hard right. And I do mean actual anti-mask sentiment as opposed to sheer laziness. A lot of left-leaning people- mostly millenials, it seems, who have earned a somewhat nihilistic view of their own futures and that of this country and planet- are being irresponsible about wearing a mask but they're not the ones actually showing up in conversations to advocate against it. Again, in my personal experience, that's come from the people who think America is great again. 

Yeah, the Venn diagram of people who are defiantly anti-mask and those who are ardent MAGAs is basically a circle.

34 minutes ago, creed said:

Trumpism isn’t a well defined political ideology. It’s a childish visceral reaction to being asked to do anything Trump rejects.

53 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, the Venn diagram of people who are defiantly anti-mask and those who are ardent MAGAs is basically a circle.

Lots of truth here. 

Pretty funny,  my daughter had a soccer tryout yesterday. I was the only one in a mask out there, go figure.

More for their protection than mine I guess. I was elbow deep in a piece of medical equipment used only on COVID patients all afternoon Monday. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Pretty funny,  my daughter had a soccer tryout yesterday. I was the only one in a mask out there, go figure.

More for their protection than mine I guess. I was elbow deep in a piece of medical equipment used only on COVID patients all afternoon Monday. 

Stay healthy, boss. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Stay healthy, boss. 

s*** I know I've been exposed to hell and back by this point. Tested last week and came up negative. Need to make a weekly thing out of it.

im tired of folks acting like this thing is over and that its all back to normal because it isn't. alabama is nearing 30k cases and we probably wont see the peak until atleast another month

I saw pics of some highschool buds of mine on facebook last night everyone of them huddled up a bar with no mask and they weren't bothering with six feet either

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

MAGA hats and I predict hydroxycloroquine shirts soon. 

We are not making people wear masks in our store. However, we are requiring people to simply use our free sanitizer in the shop. Most people are fine with it, however, a grown toddler yesterday said it was “******* BS. No wonder I don’t shop here”. I invited him to shop elsewhere. 

Memphis proper is now requiring masks, however, I’m in a municipality of Memphis and we don’t fall under their jurisdiction. We were supposed to go the “phase 3” on Monday, but it’s been postponed indefinitely as the county had the largest increase in cases ever from Sunday to Monday. 

Old white men. They’ve been the most troublesome throughout this whole thing. 

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Old white men. They’ve been the most troublesome throughout this whole thing. 

They've brainwashed their old white women with them.

They've brainwashed their old white women with them.

They haven’t been nearly as bad as the men. We had some particular guidelines when it came to shopping—limiting people, limiting contact with products—and 90% of the issues were with men. 

Archived