2020-21 Record Predictions

Zeek

How many wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins this year (assuming we play all of our games)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:02 AM

Just now, weagl1 said:

My prediction:  0-0.  No season.

Jeez don’t say that! Although you maybe be right . 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

TAMU has about as much talent as anyone in the SEC. For whatever reason they just haven’t put it together. It’s really is going to be placed on Mond to take them to the next level .

They’ve been in this position several times before though, and they never get there. Personally, I don’t think they’ve had an SEC caliber coach since joining the SEC. Obviously Sumlin couldn’t get it going, and I don’t think Jimbo is the guy either. If not for Winston, Fisher would have returned to the assistant coach ranks long ago.

16 hours ago, DAG said:

TAMU has about as much talent as anyone in the SEC. For whatever reason they just haven’t put it together. It’s really is going to be placed on Mond to take them to the next level .

I think a lot of it has been youth lately.  This may be the first season that Jimbo has all his players on this team.  They played a ton of young guys on defense and the Oline last year.  I think this is a classic case of people being a year early on predictions of greatness and sleep on the year they actually hit their stride ala 2003-2004 Auburn.  Not saying they are going to be that good but they could.  

51 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I think a lot of it has been youth lately.  This may be the first season that Jimbo has all his players on this team.  They played a ton of young guys on defense and the Oline last year.  I think this is a classic case of people being a year early on predictions of greatness and sleep on the year they actually hit their stride ala 2003-2004 Auburn.  Not saying they are going to be that good but they could.  

Yes. I am not a huge fan of jimbo but with talent at his disposal, you just can’t count them out.  However , I hope we continue our success against him. I may be the minority but I am fine with making Texas more of our pipeline . That’s a goldmine.

Not sure who we will win against and lose against. This will be a strange season of it happens. We could loose against a worse opponent due to us having quarantined players that week and we could win against good teams because they have players quarantined. I think anything above 6 will be considered a good year in my book considering the circumstances . I picked 7 because I’m optimistic Gus and company will do their best to keep our guys safe. 

Chase just opted out. LSU will look completely different. This will be considered the asterisk year, which mean AU will definitely go undefeated.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Chase just opted out. LSU will look completely different. This will be considered the asterisk year, which mean AU will definitely go undefeated.

LSU now has 3 opting out. It's weird Vanderbilt has 5 opting out, but ofc Alabama has none right? Figures...

Here’s my two cents:

Kentucky - we always play flat on our first game. Also with a new OC and a newer secondary I think there will be some hiccups but our talent wins out. Sucks that we won’t have much of a home field advantage.  Prediction: Auburn 28- Kentucky 20.

Georgia - I think we finally get over the hump and win in Athens. Should be a tight game. Bo starts to flex his muscles as the leader of this team. Prediction: Auburn 21 - Georgia 17. 

Arkansas - Gus always wants to trash Arkansas. I think Chad will too so it will be a merciless onslaught. Prediction: Auburn 63 - Arkansas 13. 

South Carolina - I think we jump out to an early lead but then like A&M last year let them score once or twice and make it look closer than the game was. Prediction Auburn 34 - SCar 21.

Ole Miss - Don’t know why but I almost feel like this is a trap game with us looking ahead to LSU. Again our talent keeps us on the right side. Prediction: Auburn 28 - Ole Miss 20.

LSU - This game is always a close and hard fought game. Even though they lost talent coach O has had our number lately. We may slip up on this game but I think we find a way to win. Prediction: Auburn 31 LSU 24.

Mississippi State - We trample the swashbuckling pirate and his air raid game. Prediction: Auburn 52 - Miss State 17.

Tennessee -  I think this may be another trap game that we will have a hard time winning with the Turds being the next game. Tennessee has hype around them but don’t know how much that’s gonna translate to on field production. In the end good guys get revenge for the crappy showing of 2018. Prediction: Auburn 35 - Tennessee 27.

Alabama - Doesn’t scare me that this is on the road. Does scare me that Najee Harris, Waddle, and Smith. I think it’s like last year with it going down to the wire and Carlson puts one through the uprights to show the Turds how to kick a game winning field goal. Prediction: Auburn 34 - Alabama 31.

Texas A&M - For some reason I feel like we drop this one after the emotional victory the game before. Jimbo wins to save his job. Prediction: A&M 27 - Auburn 24.

Overall I have us at 9-1 with toss up games of Turds and LSU. 

SEC Championship game - I think we face Florida this year and it will be a very very close game. Chad puts a good game plan together and we repay them for that offensive debacle in the Swamp. Prediction: Auburn 38 - Florida 34.

Playoffs - feel like it will be either Clemson or Oklahoma we face. Who knows though this year with two other conferences out I’m sure they’ll find a way to squeeze the Turds in somehow. At that point gotta let the chips fall where they may. 

I said 8 wins. Malzahn is gonna have prove to every Auburn fan that he's better than just an 8 win coach. Malzahn has won 10 or more games twice since he was hired to be Auburn's head coach in 2013.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Justin Ferguson did a neat break down and came up with 6-4 in his recent newsletter.  

I think, even in this weird year, that's a fireable offense for Gus.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

His breakdown basically said that would be the equivalent of an 8-4.  No way Gus goes anywhere short of a major scandal breaking out.  You’ve got to give Chad a full year to implement his offense.  you’ve got to give Bicknell a chance to fully recruit high level Olinemen.  If 2021 is a bust then you can start rattling the cages but no way he’s going anywhere anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

His breakdown basically said that would be the equivalent of an 8-4.  No way Gus goes anywhere short of a major scandal breaking out.  You’ve got to give Chad a full year to implement his offense.  you’ve got to give Bicknell a chance to fully recruit high level Olinemen.  If 2021 is a bust then you can start rattling the cages but no way he’s going anywhere anytime soon.

If changing staff keeps buying you more time he'll be here forever lol

Just now, Win4AU said:

https://auburnobserver.substack.com/p/aubserver-mailbag-3-changes-in-a?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

here’s the article if you want to read his breakdown.  He also breaks down previous seasons for a comparison standpoint.

No matter how you sell it being one game above .500 is not acceptable at Auburn.

14 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

To the bolded part; this greatly depends on when those 4 losses occur.  No way Gus can allow Chad to continue play calling if we loose 2 games early IMO.  The only way Chad has a chance of implementing his system is if Auburn wins 5 of the first 6 games (barring injury/COVID issues) and the one loss is close. JMO

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

No matter how you sell it being one game above .500 is not acceptable at Auburn.

How about 2 games over .500? That's what Ferguson predicted. :)

I do think Gus better not be 6-4, since other than GA/Alabama the only other strong ranked teams we play are at home (TaM and LSU). 

Now I expect us to be 7-3, with us losing to GA/Alabama away, and one between LSU and TaM possibly. But all the other teams should be beatable with a strong offense.

** the only doubt I do have is us losing 1 game to one of the coaches in Miss. I can see Kiffen or Leach working an emotional upset against a good team like us at their place. If that happens, 6-4 is it.

But no way Gus gets fired for that, with that ridiculous buyout still there, during a very tough sports economic troubled time.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

How about 2 games over .500? That's what Ferguson predicted. :)

I do think Gus better not be 6-4, since other than GA/Alabama the only other strong ranked teams we play are at home (TaM and LSU). 

Now I expect us to be 7-3, with us losing to GA/Alabama away, and one between LSU and TaM possibly. But all the other teams should be beatable with a strong offense.

** the only doubt I do have is us losing 1 game to one of the coaches in Miss. I can see Kiffen or Leach working an emotional upset against a good team like us at their place. If that happens, 6-4 is it.

But no way Gus gets fired for that, with that ridiculous buyout still there, during a very tough sports economic troubled time.

Swing points. If you lose another one you're 5-5. So what I'm saying is you're one game (win or lose) away from being .500.

Three losses would be understandable with the weird season. But honestly we shouldn't lose to LSU, Kentucky, or A&M. I think UGA and Bama are the only two we shouldn't be favored in.

I'm in the "I'll believe we beat UGa when we do it" camp, but I also think we go into 2021 as one of the national champ favorites. We'll rock some very good teams this season.

I was thinking 6-4 until LSU was decimated by opt-outs. That would be a pretty standard Gus year minus the scrub games that aren't around now. So maybe 7-3.
I am curious to see how the lack of fans at all stadiums affects AU's performances. We've stunk on the road against good teams for years, this would seem to be the time to win somewhere that mattered. On the other hand, AU has a big home field advantage (minus UGA), so that could be affected as well.
Whatever happens, Gus is probably safer than he's ever been, I can't see any way AU pays him that stupid buyout with the athletic finances being what they are. I never saw Gus as a 10 yr coach here, but it sure seems to be headed in that direction.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:22 AM, Zeek said:

There is no logical argument against this other than if Auburn just can't afford to buy him out and there's not a better coach available. But if he were to go 6-4 with this roster, then yeah, there would be a better coach available. 

Archived